Restorex Concerns

Previous topic - Next topic

Torontobased

I recently received a Restorex and have been starting using it daily according to my best ability to follow the instructions, but have some concerns that hopefully others can help with. The first is that my plaques are just about underneath my glans on both sides, approximately where the device clamps down. I've heard noose type traction devices can be problematic for people with similar plaques, and I risking further damage and narrowing from these plaques using the Restorex due to the location of these plaques? The last three months I have noticed an accelerated amount of narrowing in that area, but over the past week using the device it's hard to tell if this has sped up even more or if this is the same rate of progression I'm noticing despite having started traction.

As well I'm confused by what it means when it says I should not see the white bands. When I compress the device to fit myself inside it before extending it for tension they are hidden, but once I extend the device they are clearly visible. Extending the rods does nothing to hide the white lines. Am I using the device incorrectly? My penis is being stretched and fully extended but apart from compressing and decompressing the device when attaching it nothing seems to have an impact on the line location.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Pfract

RestoreX Use Tips - pics included - Peyronies Society Forums

I can't talk about plaques because I don't have them, and the narrowing I had I haven't done anything about it yet. I do think that one week is probably not enough for you to spot any difference on using the device? That would be my hunch. You can try to email Dr Landon trost, that created the device with that question. Maybe he wants to provide some input on that.

The other part of the topic that you mention the white marks, I remember reading the manual about it, even though I did not buy the device and I thought it was confusing as well and could not understand that part. There are a few users here already using it and they may be willing to help you with that, with a photo or two. ''bent ding dong'' ''thinkpositive'' ''Swiss'' and I think one more. There was another user who shared pics of him stretching his penis too recently. I am at work right now and it's hard to search the topic...  Restorex customer support is helpful too, so they say...

You went silent over there, so I didn't say anything back. Didn't wanted to bother. But it's nice you decided to give the device a try. What are your thoughts on restorex versus the one you had before?  

thinkpositive

You are using the device wrong, you need to read the directions more and watch the YouTube video by Doctor Trost

Torontobased

Hi Pfract,

Apologies for being unresponsive, it's been a very hectic and difficult time for me. The Restorex in my opinion is much better than the PMP, if solely for the reason I was actually able to attach it. The PMP i spent a few hours attempting to attach, including following the DVD instructions and using different sized attaching sluices, but could not figure out how to attach the vacuum seal head in a functional manner. The Restorex doesn't really require assembly and isn't finicky, while the clamp can be a bit jarring at first after using it for approx. a week it isn't so bad and can be adjusted with a screwdriver according to the guide. It's much more intuitive, in hindsight I wish it had been the first one I had ordered.

thinkpositive,

I watched the video and that definitely cleared up what I was doing wrong, what I thought was a good stretch under tension was clearly not the case. I was being much too conservative in extending the rods, but I suppose that's the safer mistake to make than the alternative. At least I'm only out the first week in time spent and not longer.

Thanks very much to the both of you, I'll make sure I make posts about my progress in the upcoming future to add to the shared knowledge pool on this forum.  

Bent Ding Dong

Quote deleted by moderator!
Read the forum rules!

Torontobased, my plaques are in the glands area too which is not a good spot to have them when trying to use a traction device. I have tried putting the clamp down in the middle of the glans which is right where my plaque is and it didn't slip out. The sticky 3m tape that is provided is pretty good for not slipping.
Age, 40's.

Had peyronie's for more than 10 years. Developed glans lump, then had poor erections and soft glans.

Made a lot of progress over the years with diet and avoidance of sugar and high carbs. Still have the lump but it's much smaller now.

Torontobased

Is it possible for the plaques to become worse if some degree of pressure is being put on them from the restorex? I have been trying to put the clamp higher on my glans but even with the tape it has been difficult to not slip out, I have scarring alongside both the left and right sides of my penis but the most severe area scarring wise is the narrowing I have just beneath my glans. Am I risking further narrowing of that section of my penis in the hopes of improving the other areas of scarring by using traction?

Pfract

Restorex achy - Peyronies Society Forums

Torontobased: please read the last posts from Turin99. He was doing something similar to you and had issues.

Torontobased

Thanks for the heads up, I just gave what Turin99 said he did a try and it seems to be a marginal improvement. I'll experiment more with placement and wrapping over the next few days with what was suggested in the other thread and find what works best.  

Mark2019

Usphysiomed's traction device was the first device which gets the results! The PMP, Restorex  are difficult to use and to follow up the instructions! you need a good device which was approved by the doctors.....Call Mike Hays!!!!

TonySa

Mark, are you a peyronies patient or selling/promoting your product?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

That's exactly what I thought and I reported it too. 20 bucks on how he is one..  

nhlaxbro

I've been using RestoreX daily since 3-19-19 -- nearly a month. Not much to report yet. I'm hopeful and being diligent.  
PEACE

Pfract

@nhlaxbro That's very nice to know! How was the initial setup for you? And what about the glans attachment?