Onwards and Leftwards

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachtmusik

Evening everyone,

After some initial private correspondence with Old Man, I figure it's time to take the plunge and introduce myself to the board.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this fantastic forum over the years.  I feel very fortunate to have had this resource to draw on over the past few months.  Special thanks to Old Man, who was incredibly encouraging and informative during some very dark days.  You, sir, are an excellent human being.

Well, what to say?  I'm 32, and have been grappling with an acute case of peyronies for approximately 5 months now.  20° leftward bend.  After a visit to an exceedingly indifferent urologist, I stumbled upon this forum. I initially set out on a two pronged regime of the 3 Cylinder VED protocol, as well as RestoreX.  Approximately 4 weeks in the RestoreX device broke, so that side of the regime has been shelved until a replacement component arrives.  Frustratingly, my VED also bit the dust a short time later.  After a week of frustration, a replacement pump arrived (had it been an issue that I could've repaired with a screwdriver, I would've readily done just that), and it's back in the saddle.

It's still early days in the regime (I've reset the clock back to week 1 of the 3 Cylinder protocol because of the time off waiting for a new pump), but I have definitely noticed much improved erections since starting VED.  Morning wood has returned with a vengeance, which is encouraging.  There is a small semi-hard plaque on the left side of the penis.  I'm not sure, but I think it's slowly stretched out over the last several months, although there has yet to be an improvement in curvature.  That's a long haul hope.

RestoreX therapy has proved somewhat problematic for me due to phimosis.  This led to extreme difficulty in clamping down and maintaining a stretch; all too often I'd be left with a clampful of foreskin.  More experimentation is forthcoming.

I've been toying with the idea of building a second VED unit, one with a bent tube (perhaps 25° or so).  If RestoreX works by stretching against the curve, a bent vacuum tube ought to be able to deliver a localized stretch to the plaque in much the same way.  I would welcome any feedback or suggestions on this idea.

I realize so many men have it much worse than I do, so I've tried my best to treat it it an opportunity to learn and to heal, rather than a life-ending issue.  Some days are harder (ha) than others.  Approximately six years ago I dabbled with penis enlargement using hanging weights.  While incredibly risky, and something I wouldn't ever do again, I'm glad I have the knowledge (and, to be frank, length) gained from that endeavour.  It's always good to be able to know what your penis is trying to tell you when you're putting it through any kind of therapeutic regime.  That said, part of me wonders if I helped bring about my current condition, despite it being years later.  Ah well.  Hindsight is 20/20, and we can only live our lives as best we can in the moment.

Good to meet you guys.  See you around the bend.

Pfract

Welcome man! I'm 32 as well. There's also another Canadian here around his 30's. Super impressed that your devices both failed? Is restorex coming forth with warranty? Do you think it was their defect, or your bad usage?

As for your ved idea.... Watch out with those. I will post more details later.  

Alibaba

The bent tube idea is quite novel.  I am impressed.  As with a straight cylinder, your glans will try to drag on the side so lube will be very important with a bent cylinder. Interesting. Think outside the box. The view is better. Cheers man
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Nachtmusik

Thanks for the warm welcome gents.  Sorry for the late reply.  Don't have a lot of time to get onto the forum these days.

Pfract, to answer your question: It was a defect, albeit not a serious one.  The person I talked to at Pathright was extremely helpful.  I explained what was wrong (it was a small plastic tab that had snapped off).  I suggested that they just send a replacement part, rather than shipping the device back to them and waiting for weeks.  To my pleasant surprise, they agreed to that idea quickly, and dispatched the part gratis.  I had the device repaired about ten minutes after receiving the new part in the mail.  Always handy to have a set of allen keys around.  Never knew my toolbox would instrumental in repairing my toolbox. ;)  At any rate, I've sidelined the traction device for the moment, as a small new plaque has appeared right next to where the clamp has been attaching.  Damnit.  Just a tiny little divot, and I'm not 100% sure if they're related, but taking the cautious approach.

I'm not sure where to put updates, but seeing as how this thread is here, I'll post it here.  Not quite at the point where I want to put a post in the "Improvements" section.  At least not until I have some more time under the pump.  Anyways.  Things have been steadily improving over the last few weeks of VED therapy.  The leftward bend is still present, but not as pronounced as it was a month ago.  On bad days it would hit 25°.  Now it's averaging out to about 18-20°.  But the real good news is that the VED has made rather quick work of the 'deflated' area of corpus Cavernosum past the plaque.  A month ago it was only filling up to about 60% of its pre-peyronies capacity.  Obviously the plaque was blocking blood flow.  Now it's back to (full or nearly full) capacity. All that's left is a half hourglass where the plaque and bend are located.

Slow and steady wins the race.