Flomax

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Walts

Hey guys,

So I'm finally able to get some diagnostic tests in the coming weeks, but in the mean time my urologist wants me to start Flomax as he thinks it will help with my hard flaccid and my fluctuating uneven blood flow.

I'm just a little nervous about taking it because I've read that it can potentially cause Peyronie's Disease.

I don't know if that's like a super rare occurrence but the fact that it's mentioned in some studies and has several google results makes me pretty nervous about starting it when I have all of this going on, and even if I don't have Peyronie's (though I think I do), I absolutely don't want to risk getting it with this medication. If it was astronomically rare I could stomach the risk, but it doesn't seem too rare considering it's listed as a side effect on Prostate.net of all places.

Do any of you guys have any experience with Flomax? I feel like drugs (SSRI's) sort of got me into this mess to begin with and I don't know if it's a right idea to try it or not, though I'm worried the doctor might suggest I find another urologist if I don't give it a go. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
23, symptoms started at 21
Hard Flaccid
Lost around .5 in girth and 1.5 in length
Two ultrasounds found "Mild Corporal Fibrosis"
Bad dents and non healing bruising
please PM any treatments that helped your corporal fibrosis/bruising