Xiaflex or surgery? I

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfriction

Hey everyone. I've had four rounds of xiaflex with no results. My doctor wants me to continue through another four cycles. I'm skeptical and I don't really want to waste the time or money on xiaflex if it isn't going to work. I'm thinking I should just go get plication surgery. Doctor really wants me to do more xiaflex, but I'm very hesitant I just want this fixed. What would you guys do in my shoes?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

Can you provide more information?  Degree of curve?  Did you combine traction or VED w xiaflex (very important)?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Jfriction

Sure,
45 degree curve left, 10 months of traction (or more) of about 3-5 hours a day. Four rounds of xiaflex, and no change at all... So I'm hesitant to get more shots and just waste my time..
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

tonyode

Personally, if you haven't had any adverse reactions to the injections, I would finish the series of shots before I would go to surgery. Surgeries are most generally very effective. But its still surgery. Even though the 4 haven't helped, who is to say the next one won't be? Have you been good about doing the stretching? That is a big part of this process.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

TonySa

How much does it cost you for the Xiaflex?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Jfriction

Yes I stretch for many hours a day .cost is 3000$ out of pocket. I don't really believe that xiaflex will do anything.
relationship status, etc

TonySa

Perhaps save that money for surgery.