my Peyronies Disease intro

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlaxbro

Hi All. I'm new to the group. Misery loves company, right? Here's my deal. I turned 59 in late January. Divorced for five years. Have always enjoyed a very healthy and full sex life with probably a somewhat larger than average sized penis. Sometime last June (2018) I noticed during masturbation that my penis had a leftward bend to it. I had never noticed it before and do not recall any trauma. I really didn't think much of it. Then in late June I met up with an on again off again girlfriend. Early on during our time she went down on me and brought my curve to my attention. Suddenly I was thinking much more of this curve thing. I almost immediately did a Google search and nearly right away found out about Peyronies Disease. I learned about Peyronies Disease, and what seemed like the hopelessness associated with it. There just didn't seem to be a lot of positive approaches to treatment and what were available were costly and/or invasive. Months went by and I didn't do much about my Peyronies Disease; anything actually. Except become very self conscious about possibly having sex with my bent penis. I didn't have partners for many months and quite frankly didn't mind. During another Google search last fall I discovered the Gainswave method (basically an intense and targeted sound wave therapy). It sounded different, and promising. Also quite expensive. I decided to go for it. Six twenty minute treatments followed by a P shot into my penis later, I finished the treatments in early January 2019. Now I am to use a penis pump two times per day for 10-15 minutes each. This is to go on for six months. Then and only then will I know what Gainswave has done for me, or not. I pump and hope. But I'm not content with that. I have been reading about traction therapy and RestoreX in particular. Albeit pricey, it sounds both manageable and hopeful (including from some posts on these forums). So after taking the Gainswave plunge I'm kind of like, what the heck! What the heck it is. I will update as things hopefully progress for the better and will continue to read these forums. Any hope is hope. We're in this together. Peace to all.  
PEACE

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.