Post surgery question

Previous topic - Next topic

dizmthegreat

It's been 3 weeks since I had my surgery, now I have a some extra skin from the loss of length still have a slight curve.  Has anybody ever experienced this?  Will the length ever return or am I stuck with the extra skin?  My little fella looks like a burrito now.
Injury from sex
Peyronies diagnosed back in 2016
Implant 1/25/19
AMS 700
Grafting/Implamt
Dr. Knoll

TonySa

It may be early to see where your length will end up.  Have you started pumping?  Hopefully, yes?  Who did your surgery?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

tomas1

85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Pfract

Indeed dimz. 3 weeks is still early, although it's an indication. How were you left after surgery? Inflated? Deflated? Have you started cycling? We're you given post op instructions? Feel comfortable sharing who was your surgeon?  

dizmthegreat

Been meaning to follow-up about this.  So, after surgery i was left deflated and was told to wait until my post-op dr visit so that Dr. Knoll can show me how to properly inflate/deflate.  Once i was able to start taking baths I really started trying to figure out what how to use the pump.  Im nearing the 2 mth stretch amd have been on a regular cycling routine for the last 3 weeks.  Most of the swelling has gone down, but the extra skin remains.  Length is nowhere near what it use to be, but after chatting with the Dr and seeing the pictures im grateful to still have it attached.  I have the AMS700 now.
Injury from sex
Implant 1/25/19
AMS 700
Grafting/Implamt
Dr. Knoll

Hawk

dizmthegreat, you have shared so little information it is difficult to know how to respond.  What is the world does, "but after chatting with the Dr and seeing the pictures im grateful to still have it attached" mean?

What is your age?

What was your reason for an implant?  

what was your length and width before and after?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

dizmthegreat

Hawk....I shared the entire episode on a previous post.  But, long story short im 44 now been dealing with Peyronie's since 2016, went to a few urologist here in GA, and they couldnt help me.  Was referred to Dr. Knoll back in 2018, after his observation he stated that I had the worse case of Peyronie's that he has ever seen in his 31 years of treating the disease.  I started to noticed shrinkage back in Oct 2018, and expressed my concern to the Dr, he stated that i prob will never recover the length that I previously had, due to the plaque had calcified to the point where it was as hard a bone.   Fast forward to after surgery, he shared with me the pictures of what was removed and said he did the best he could to remove most of it, but if he continued it would have been amputated. I was a good 8.5 inches before now i might be at 5 inches.
Injury from sex
Implant 1/25/19
AMS 700
Grafting/Implamt
Dr. Knoll

Hawk

I encourage you to go to your signature line and edit it with your doctor's name, Date of surgery, model of implant, type of surgery., and other relevant info so you dont have to keep repeating and we don't have to waste time asking.  

Even a year from now when you post on another board it will help you and others immensely.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums