Medicare Benefits Approve Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Started with a new doctor In January 2019. I went out there to be checked for low T, read online low T is usually associated with Peyronies Disease.

My Total T was 1st time) 426ng/dL at 2:30pm / 2nd) time 660ng/dL at 8:00am & 3rd time  329ng/dL at 9:30am.  Last one kind of low must be less than 300ng/dL for Medicare to pay for TRT therapy.

My Free T  1st time .94ng/dL low they want it to be at least 1.5ng/dL, waiting to hear about my Free T taken on the 3rd time.

Doctor told me he's going to treat my Peyronies Disease with TRT therapy & Xiaflex.

Forgot to mention PSA 1st) 4.15, 2nd) 3.0 different type of lab work not so sensitive, 3rd) time 4.17 - needless to say I'm having a prostate biopsy done on Tuesday 2/12/2019. They will not start TRT therapy without making sure that I don't have prostate cancer.

My Xiaflex injections start on 2/26/2019 & I expect the 2nd shot that week , as well as, modeling. A different doctor at this practice will be doing the biopsy & the Xaiflex shot.

I'll keep you posted, just a little anxious! Note: I quit my previous doctor, his practice did not want to participate in the buy & bill program, hence, he wanted me to pay over $25K. He originally told me that Medicare would not pay for the Xiaflex injections!

Junior
ED - born 1952   /Peyronies Disease Onset 7/2018 at 65 / Prostatectomy 4/1/2019 / Low - T testosterone therapy June 2019 / June 2019 Peyronies Disease at 70 degrees - July 2019 started Xiaflex 1st cycle

Bubba dawg

I have been doing TRT since the end of the Xiaflex treatment. My T was below 300. Not sure I would do it as your range levels. But that is up to you and your doctor. Low T can cause you a lot of problems not related to Peyrones, so it is good to get the levels up, not matter what. My doc also said both seem to be related. He must have a lot of low T and Peyrone combo patients. Good luck on your Xiaflex treatments. Expect 4 or 5 months of injections. Maybe more depending on how straight you want it
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Junior

Hey Bubba dawg, thanks for the  well wishes!

I didn't realize that my T levels could fluctuate so much. I have other symptoms of Low T, the doctor told me what they watch mostly is the Free T, that's what your body uses & needs.

I like the doctor in the last week or so he has either emailed me or called me. I hope the other doctor is as good. I am a little nervous about the Xiaflex treatments.

Right now I just want to get through the biopsy.

Junior
ED - born 1952   /Peyronies Disease Onset 7/2018 at 65 / Prostatectomy 4/1/2019 / Low - T testosterone therapy June 2019 / June 2019 Peyronies Disease at 70 degrees - July 2019 started Xiaflex 1st cycle

Bubba dawg

Yea T levels can fluctuate morning to afternoon. Day to day. Mine continuously showed up slightly below what is acceptable. Good luck on the Biopsy. My PSA was in the normal range a year ago. Time to get that done again. I have BPH but normal for my age. Always something!! Must be an easier way than a Biopsy. I guess not
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Umpelehan

It's understandable to feel anxious about these procedures, but it's important to keep in mind that taking care of your health should always be a top priority. In regards to your previous doctor, I am glad that you were able to find a more suitable practice. That being said, navigating the world of health insurance can be a challenge for anyone, especially for entrepreneurs. If you are self-employed, you might consider looking into health insurance for entrepreneurs or freelance workers. There are various plans available that cater to the unique needs of entrepreneurs and small business owners.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions