Hematoma?

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyode

So I had my 4th injection, end of second round this past Thursday. I took off my wrap last night. Not much swelling. About 5am this morning I had a nocturnal erection. I awoke when I felt an extremely sharp pain. I laid in bed as it slowly went away. I then got up to an extremely swollen penis. Much more then I have had with any injection. I do have some pain but only when I touch. Doesn't feel uncomfortable, but looks scary. I feel like the erection may have burst a blood vessel. More swelling down around head of penis than anywhere, but entire penis is very swollen as well. A hematoma? If so, do i need to worry about anything? Should I call my doc, although it is a Saturday here. Or will this just subside on its own over time? Thoughts?  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Bubba dawg

There was a big bag of blood at the top part of the shaft just below the head on the bottom side. That is what a hematoma is. Pooling blood. I had several swollen episodes. So nothing to worry about. Nothing my doctor could do about the hematoma either. Went back to normal in about a week or less. That is a side effect though. Bruising and swelling
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Bubba dawg

Now if the bag of blood hadn't gone away it would have had to be drained. Mine absorbed and went away

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tonyode

Quote from: Bubba dawg on February 09, 2019, 11:12:35 AM
There was a big bag of blood at the top part of the shaft just below the head on the bottom side. That is what a hematoma is. Pooling blood. I had several swollen episodes. So nothing to worry about. Nothing my doctor could do about the hematoma either. Went back to normal in about a week or less. That is a side effect though. Bruising and swelling

Yup, that is exactly what I have. Seems like right under the skin. As i said, seemed fine last night. But during a damn nocturnal erection, extreme pain that about shot me out of bed. Within 10 min, boom, a balloon. Seems down a bit now. Was worried. Figured that is what it was. Damn erections!
Thanks for the reply!
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

curved

Tonyode- I went through 4 rounds of xiaflex (8 shots) and had 3 hematoma.  They can be very scary.... especially that sharp pain that, for me, lasted 1- 2 minutes. The eggplant looking swelling went away in 1-2 weeks.  Be careful on the modeling during that first week.... I didn't model until the swelling went way down.  Most likely the blood will be absorbed on its own.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

tonyode

Curved...yes I was thinking if I should or shouldn't do, start the modeling. I have a pretty sore spot. Probably when the vein burst I assume. Certainly don't wanna deal with that rupturing again. That few minutes of pain is excruciating. Icing it right now. Was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with this...but here it is.  

Bubba dawg

Ya I freaked out and call the doctor on a Sunday lol. Scary thing to see.  I stayed away from searching Peyrones on the internet during treatment

tonyode

According to the Xiaflex info, it says to contact the doctor if this happens. Do any of u think I should contact my doc? If not, is there a point when I should? Not freaking out. Just wondering if I should wait n see or what? Thoughts?

Pfract

Gentleman..... Very sharp pain in penis followed by eggplant deformity is a great warning sign for a possible fracture. It's one of the possible side effects of the xiaflex drug. Either contact your doctor, or go to the er and explain the situation and see what they have to say if it's really bothering you that much. Could in fact be just a scare. There was a guy here that had a possible fracture, had surgery for it and ended up being nothing.

''gringoviajero ''. He even has a medical paper on his case published.

It's your call man. Give it a proper thought.

Bubba dawg

I didnt have any pain when I had the hematoma. Just blood pooling, swelling and bruising. I dont remember a sharp pain. Like my dick had 2 heads. The only way I would go to the emergency room is if my doctor met me there. Wouldnt hurt to call your doctor and get his opinion. Do not go to the ER without him. They can screw you up

tonyode

Bubba..I have exactly what u describe, bag of blood at end and under head of my penis. The sharp pain only lasted a few minutes. I am very tender around the injection area...but nothing I hadn't had with first shots. I do have a call into my doc. Waiting on reply......sigh. :-/

Bubba dawg

I was trying to tell you some injections were worse than others. No matter how good a doctor is the injection can be rough sometimes. I think you will be fine. I was surprised by how quickly it healed. Didnt interrupt  or delay the treatment process for me

tonyode

Doc wanted to see me. At ER now....:-/

Bubba dawg

Man that is a bummer. I guess he is doing a bit of cya. My doc was more like in keep a watch on it mode. Good thing he is meeting you there, instead of just sending you there

tonyode

Well, back from ER and doc thinks it's just a hematoma. Wrapped me up and wants to see me in two weeks. Long day and didn't sleep much last nite. Just glad it's not a fracture. Never thought I'd ever NOT want an erection...scary!

Bubba dawg

That's good news Tony! Glad to hear things went well. It will be back to normal in a week.  

Pfract

Good to hear man. You did the right thing.  

tonyode

Well, took off the wrap that the uro put on at the ER Saturday afternoon. I was pretty anxious and nervous expecting something maybe worse than I saw Saturday (egg plant). Lucky for me, swelling was way down. But big time black n blue....pretty ugly. Looks like the little guy was in a fight and took the brunt of it! Ha. Anyway, extremely tender in the area where where the assume the blood vessel bursts, on top near base. But, feels better than I anticipated. Another step in this journey I guess. Have an apt. with doc to check things out in two weeks. Now just praying I get no nocturnal erections! Scares the hell out of me! Are we having fun yet!?

kingprof

Glad to hear it wasn't a fracture as well tonyode, I had much more pain with my second round of xiaflex. As Bubba suggests, one never knows, some are going to be more painful than others and it is difficult to predict how much swelling and bleeding there is going to be regardless of the physician's skill.
I agree with you about not wanting an erection, I never in my life dreamed that there would come a day where I would lie there and hope an erection would go away  :)
That is, not until I experienced night time erections after xiaflex injections.
58 yrs old, 45 degree bend to the left, noticed Peyronie's first in April, 2018. Three rounds of Xiaflex.

Bubba dawg

About the only thing that will reall mess you up is if you have sex or masturbate too soon after the injections. Erections are to be expected. When 2 weeks past we had sex. No problem. Dont exactly remember after which round it was straight enough to have sex. No later than round 3

tonyode

Based on what I just experienced Bubba...I disagree. My erection caused my vein or whatever to rupture. I vaguely remember getting the erection...I am sure we have all experienced that sensation of blood coming and next thing I knew, excruciating sharp pain, and penis swelled up like egg plant and big time bruising pretty much covering my entire penis and some of my sac as well. Swelling now down, but not completely. Still major bruising. Not pleasant experience  

kingprof

For me as well, the bruising and swelling I had in the 2nd round was much worse than the first round. I have to say though, I think the 2nd round actually improved my curve somewhat, unlike the first round, after which I didn't notice any improvement. So even though the 2nd round was much more unpleasant, if I get that kind of improvement, I'll take it.

I think we can all agree that a swollen, bruised, sore penis is no walk in the park.
58 yrs old, 45 degree bend to the left, noticed Peyronie's first in April, 2018. Three rounds of Xiaflex.

Bubba dawg

I had a lot of erections. 21 injections. One hematoma. The medicine and/or the needle cause the hematoma. Not erections. I would have had a lot more hematoma if that were the case

tonyode

No offense Bubba, but it was my penis and experience. Yes, the needle ultimately caused it. I'm sure it nicked the vein. But the vein didn't rupture until I had the erection. The blood flow, pressure then caused the rupture. I had no swelling and very little bruising prior to the erection. I think u get my point.

Pfract

Good luck with Dawg understanding. He doesn't read very well.  

tonyode

Pfract...check your messages. I sent you a message. Thanks

tonyode

Bubba...my symptoms were very much like, and looked like that of a fracture minus the popping sound. Also, during modeling, the penis/veins/arteries or whatever are not engorged with blood as they are with an erection. Right here on the Xiaflex website, is says this:  "After treatment with XIAFLEX®, one of these tubes may break during an erection"

So yes, an erection can cause issues, obviously.  

Pfract

Tonyode: just cleared my inbox. Send it again. By the way, I told you he wouldn't listen and it's dead on. It's only about himself.

TDix

exactly what happened to me, you can check my thread.  Dr Yafi, who I am ultimately with now, said I could have possibly fractured at the tip.  Not a fun situation in the least, and I feel for you.  It took me over 3 months to get somewhat back to where I was prior to my vein rupture/fracture.  Ultimately it cancelled any further Xiaflex injections for me.  Sounds like I am not the only one.  I thought I was
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Bubba dawg

Quote deleted by moderator (1)
Please read the forum rules regarding quotes

That would be very rare. Just like any medicine they have to cover any remote possibility for lawsuits purposes. Did that happen to you are did you just have a hematoma? Hematoma are common. Permanent damage is rare. One person on here said he had 3 hematoma. Ya they are scary if you never had one before. I went to the doctor on Monday. Still it healed and didnt knock me off schedule. Nobody can stop nocturnal erections. Just saying it should not stop anyone from getting xiaflex treatments

Pfract

@Bubba: so... ''Nobody can stop nocturnal erections... '' where did you saw that?  

Bubba dawg

If you dont have any medical problems then you should be getting erections in your sleep . Should be getting morning erections. That is barring mental and/or physical problems. I had regular erections during xiaflex treatment. I dont see where you have experience with xiaflex or traction pfract. Dont see any in your signature line

Pfract

@Bubba: your signature line doesn't show you are doing traction or going for an implant either, and it didn't stop you from looking like an expert.

Now tell me.. Where have you seen that you cannot stop nocturnal erections?

tonyode

Quote from: Bubba dawg on February 17, 2019, 03:55:23 AM
That would be very rare. Just like any medicine they have to cover any remote possibility for lawsuits purposes. Did that happen to you are did you just have a hematoma? Hematoma are common. Permanent damage is rare. One person on here said he had 3 hematoma. Ya they are scary if you never had one before. I went to the doctor on Monday. Still it healed and didnt knock me off schedule. Nobody can stop nocturnal erections. Just saying it should not stop anyone from getting xiaflex treatments

The uro on call that examined me said she thought i had what they call a "false fracture". Which I believe I read is a rupture of a superficial dorsal vein. I am a little over a week since incident. No swelling, bruising is fading, still a tinge of pain on spot where rupture occurred....which is right in top of penis, at base. I also have a decent sized lump which I assume is blood clotting. I go back to my uro in a week for a check up.  

Pfract

Very nice to know you did not have a true fracture. Good luck on the next round of shots!  

tonyode

pfract....ya, after this incident, I am not looking forward to the next round of shots. Actually, I am hoping for some improvement so I can call it a day with the Xiaflex. My plaque currently feels much smaller. But its hard to say because of what I went through, I have some blood clotting here and there. Those night time nocturnal erections that Bubba says we cannot stop, have been at a minimum. Mainly because I am nervous/conscious about it and as soon as I feel one coming on, I usually awake and can divert my mind  enough to stop. Wow, are we having fun yet!? Anyway, i am anxious to see me uro next week so he can examine me and hopefully tell me everything is ok!  

Bubba dawg

You have to get at least one erection Tony so you can report to the Doctor how much of a bend you still have. Doctor always asked me how much it was still curving , when I came back

tonyode

Bubba, my doc induces the erections so he can actually measure and see the curve. He had planned on doing this prior to my next round seeing as though I am halfway at this point. He will also do an ultrasound as well. This way he can determine if its working or not.

Bubba dawg

Oh ok sounds like a good plan

Pfract

@Tonysa: Bubba says you can't stop nocturnal erections but he is wrong. You can, and there is medication for that. But being false penile fracture I don't think they give it to you. I'd say let things settle down and heal and then when the dust settles down give it a thought

tonyode

Update on my situation. I am going for a checkup this Thursday with my Uro to check on my hematoma/ruptured vessel. Not sure if that is the same or what. Most of my bruising is gone. Still have a few spots here and there. Not pain when I am flaccid. But during erections I do have some discomfort, pain where the rupture occured. There is a decent sized lump in that area which is tender. But it seems to be getting smaller as days pass. Assume it is a blood clot from the bleeding. I was extremely nervous that I wouldn't even be able to get an erection(possible fracture), but that doesn't seem to be an issue. But I dont' yet feel like I should have sex based on what happened and still having some pain. Going to wait and see what the Uro says. As for my plaque...I am actually having a difficult time feeling it. It definitely does not feel as pronounced as it was. I am back to stretching, taking pentox along with a handful of supplements as well. So I am attacking this at angels! I am still a bit nervous about what happened with this rupture. Looking forward to seeing the doc this Thursday to get checked out and hoping he says everything is ok and I am still healing.  

Pfract

Hey man. You are definitely doing the right thing. Especially avoiding sex for now. As for the fractures, even if you have one it does not mean you will not, not have erections. Your function will be diminished but not everybody looses all erection ability just like that. But, it's definitely something you do not want to go through.

Good luck on the next doctors visit!  

tonyode

Well, had my checkup for me hematoma/fracture issue. Doc seemed to think everything looks/feels ok. Although I still have a bit of soreness. Attempted sex and it didn't go well as I experienced some pretty good pain in the area where the rupture occured. The doc said this actually might be a good thing (wtf!) as it reduces the tension and helps with the stretching/modeling. I looked at him and said that was easy for him to say as he didn't experience what I went through! Still a bit nervous about everything working ok! Next round, the 3 rd isn't until first week of April as i am out of town the last week of March. Anyway..thats where I am at now. Not sure on my progress as I have been restraining from getting any erections as much as I can! Are we having fun yet!?  

Pfract

Hey man! You had intercourse, despite the pain. That is very good! If you had fractured it, you would have changes in your erectile function, with your without pain...

Try to trust your doc just a bit. Lol

tonyode

Well, I wouldn't call it a very successful attempt at intercourse. I trust my doc. But I just have a bad feeling something isn't right. Still pain with erections in area where the rupture occurred. Its better. But still doesn't feel great. My doc equated to what happened to me as a fracture, but not like the typical fracture that usually happens during intercourse. He said this one is typically treated conservatively allowing it to heal on its own.  Hoping more rest, time to heal. Not very optimistic with my Xiaflex injections either. Not sure they have done much. Not in a great mood! This thing sucks!

kingprof

Hey all, I finished my 3rd round of Xiaflex on Friday and unfortunately I developed about a 1/2 golf-ball size hematoma. These things hurst thats number 1. Now that I got that off my chest. I went today for an ultrasound and fortunately there is no fracture, "just" the hematoma. tonyode, I know you have dealt with this. How long did it drain, did you do anything special?

curved

Kingprof- I had three of them during 4 rounds (8 shots) of xiaflex. They were about the size you described and were really painful upon onset but manageable once the swelling finished blowing up. All of mine drained naturall over 1-2 weeks as the body reabsorbed the blood. If they start getting really big (eg double a golf ball size) you would most likely have to have it drained in the ER. I would advise no modeling until swelling is gone.  Happy to answer any questions.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

tonyode

King...it was a good day one to two weeks before all swelling went down. Black n blue for probably 3 weeks. I still have a bit of soreness with erections now. But it is slowly getting better. But now I go for round 3 this Tuesday. I didn't have the golf ball....my entire penis was swelled and the blood pooled under skin at end of penis under the head. Was not a pretty site. I had what they call a false fracture, probably. The er doc also wrapped mine up to help with swelling and I kept it wrapped up for 3, 4 days. Hope all goes well

kingprof

Best of luck with round 3 tonyode! I'm down to like 1/2 a golf ball now, :) It's two weeks to the day when I noticed the hematoma. Doesn't really hurt anymore, just an odd protrusion from the side of my penis.

Pfract

Hey Tonyode! Surprised you didn't take a picture to share with us. Scare a few guys out..  ???