Vitamin K2 and Pentox

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Walts

Hey guys, had a question regarding Pentox and Vitamin K2

As I understand it, Pentox thins your blood so it can get in tighter spaces and increase blood flow, right? Well my Vitamin k2 supplements say to not take with blood thinning drugs, was wondering if anybody here had any input on the matter and if it was safe to supplement vitamin K with Pentox?
23, symptoms started at 21
Hard Flaccid
Lost around .5 in girth and 1.5 in length
Two ultrasounds found "Mild Corporal Fibrosis"
Bad dents and non healing bruising
please PM any treatments that helped your corporal fibrosis/bruising

Hawk

Why do you take vitamin K?  My guess is it is safe but the real question is whether it will decrease the effectiveness of the Pentox and I could only speculate.  My best advice is to have a sitdown consultation with a pharmacist.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Keith Walts

I take it because I'm also taking D and Magnesium, so I want to make sure I'm keeping any calcium out of my soft tissue, which iirc K2 does.

But yeah talking with a pharmacist seems like a good idea. Thank you very much
Hard Flaccid

Hawk

Keith, let us know what the pharmacist says.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Keith Walts

Hard Flaccid

betterbend

Consider this a consult since I am a licensed pharmacist ...

Pentoxifylline is not technically a blood thinner, is changes the shape of red cells so they flow easier through very small blood vessels.  Was initially used for diabetics and other conditions that have circulatory problems in the small vessels in the feet and other places.  It can increase the risk of bleeding however because blood flows better.

Vitamin K is an important component in blood clotting, so higher levels of vitamin K would increase your ability to clot.  It is often cautioned against in patients taking warfarin (Coumadin) because warfarin is a blood thinner, which is used to decrease your ability to clot.  

Vitamin K counteracts the anti-clotting effect of warfarin.  Pts on warfarin are very carefully monitored with frequent testing that times blood clotting.  Doses are frequently adjusted to keep patients in range.  A person taking vitamin K might see a faster clot time, which is working against what you want the warfarin

So from a Peyronies standpoint there should be no problem with Vitamin K and Pentox ...

55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Keith Walts

Hey man, thanks I really appreciate the input : )

Hard Flaccid

betterbend

No problem ... i was trying to upload a screenshot from medscape, but cant figure out how to do it ...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex