Indications that Active Phase is Over

Previous topic - Next topic

Torontobased

I have had Peyronies for about 15 months now and although I am still noticing changes this month the plaques have become much more obvious and hard to the touch, and are contracting much more. Is this a sign of calcification or that I am at the tail end of the active stage? If the plaques are hard to the touch and relatively large (about the size of my index fingernail, perhaps a little bit bigger) is oral therapy still expected to help shrink or soften these plaques? Is there any effective way to shrink plaques at this stage apart from injections? I am hoping I have not missed my window of opportunity to treat the plaque formation and can reduce their size.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Curve12

can u have sex now after the active stage.are u still having pain from your penis
please answer  

Bubba dawg

Really not a good thing to watch this happen for 15 months and do nothing. This is a disease that can get a lot worse. Cakicification and further bending. The time is not for asking questions. The time is getting to a urologist and coming up with a treatment plan suited for your particular problem. Find an experienced Peyrones urologist. Get your Gp to recommend one.
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Torontobased

Unfortunately doing nothing is the only medical advice I was given by multiple doctors until I decided to take charge and demand they prescribe me something as it continued to worse. I have just begun oral therapy this month, but am aware my situation is far worse for only having begun 15 months in and not immediately when I asked about this issue. I placed my trust in the wrong people, and am now paying the price for their lack of knowledge and caring. I am about to begin traction to, I am hoping it is not too late to still see significant improvement.  

Joe19403

In 2017 I did the complete series of xiaflex injections.  There were times when the doctor mentioned that the needle bent during the injections.  Did not see much improvement from the injections. I  never had any pain and able to have sex.   During 2018 the curve has increased and decided to try the restorex. In the third week of traction and seeing some improvements. I am taking pictures weekly to monitor the progress and will post pictures in at a later date.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

Torontobased

Hi Joe,

That's disappointing to hear that the injections did not help much, it is one of the areas I am holding out hope in but have concerns about as well. Did you have any adverse reactions or effects from the Xiaflex? I'm about to start using the Penimaster Pro for traction, as far as the improvements you are seeing is that in correcting the curve or also length/girth improvements as well?

Bubba dawg

Joe if the needle bent you may have calcification? In that case Xiaflex wouldnt work very well
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.