Scheduled for March 7th

Previous topic - Next topic

SW01

Well if all goes well, I will be getting mine on March 7th. I have LUPUS, and a pretty invasive prior stomache surgery so he wants to keep me overnight just to see that all is going well. Autoimmune stuff is weird to deal with for sure. I just got off the phone again this week with the doc, and although he is not a high volume implanter, he is doing pretty well. Nice thing is he responded quickly last week, and this week. He did not give me a cell phone, but said if I leave a message on the service or office and I need him to call he will do so ASAP. He responded so far the next morning. He said he was starting to average 2 to 3 a week for the past couple months so business is looking up. No pun intended. When I saw him last in Nov., he was around 75 a year. One other thing about this doc, is for personal reasons, I needed it done on a Thursday. He said he was normally off on Thursday afternoons, and did not schedule surgeries for Thursday, but if I needed it done on that day, he was there for me and had no problem scheduling it then if I needed it specifically for that day.

He said he does put in a drain, and catheter, and is doing the scrotal incision. The drain and catheter both come out before I leave hospital to go home. Titan is going in. He will have more than enough sizes on hand he says to make sure that I get the correct one. He always tries using no rtes. He did three implants this week. One had none, one had 1, and 1 had 2, so go figure. He said it has more to do with my body, but if he does not need them, he will not use them.

I have to say I beat the size issue to death with him, and he did tell me if I wanted a good approximation of my post implant size. (Have not seen this on here before), but he told me to get in the shower, relax, hot water, and then do the stretch test. Give it a good tug and that should be pretty close to the size you will have after you get over the recovery period. I was at 6.25 with a bone press wood ruler, so will see. Then over the next year size should increase if your body has the ability to do so. He said if I was regularly at 7, I should get back to that length over time. Limiting factor for me will be the peyronies plaque. If I get around 6, I think me and the wife will be good.

He does not recommend cycling the first week, but does say if you are able to do so anytime after week 2 is fine, but I will go home partially inflated, and should keep it partially up for the first 4 weeks so the tubes keep the tissue stretched. His stitches dissolve so no worry about removing them. He sees you for a follow up at week 2 and 4. If you are willing to cycle at week 2 , and scrotum is fine, he will show you how to do so, otherwise you go through that at week 4, but I am not sure about being up continuously for that long. He said normally I should be cycling between week 2 and 4 with no problem. All in all, I will keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes. He is having some patients of his call me, so that is something. He said he will find a couple with good outcomes and those who may have had not so clear sailing.

Only monkey wrench will be insurance issues, but according to my BCBS plan, ED is covered if due to a medical reason and a venous leak is definitely a medical reason. Get this done and no more traction, pills, etc. Cannot wait.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Pfract

Hopefully it's going to be smooth sailing for you. Good luck with your procedure man. We'll be here to follow your journal!