What is the largest angle for implant only

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert1966

I was late last year go ahead and have a graft and implant. The went out the window when the wife was found to have breast cancer so i took a step back. Now with traction and VED I'm about 51/2 inches with about a 50 to 55 upward angle the hourglass has improved over time. After having time now to sit back and do more research, I cant see why i cant just have a Titan Implant which i would be much more comfortable with. If I can stretch to 5 1/2 inch surly i should get close to that. The uro surgeon said i would get a better result with a graft with implant but he could no say how much more but there is a greater risk and a longer recovery time. I do sort of get the feeling its his way only
52 years old, Peyronies since 2015, 3 rounds of Xiaflex. Currently doing traction and VED, looking to get a Implant.

TonySa

Some surgeons report they can correct the angle with an implant only.  Dr Eid is one such doctor, you may wish to consult w him.  It may be that there is some residual angle that decreases with time after implant cycling.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Robert1966

Unfortunately  being in Brisbane Australia is a bit of a issue.  Dr Eid appears to be one of the surgeons that believes a graft is not required and i will be take that information my next appointment.
52 years old, Peyronies since 2015, 3 rounds of Xiaflex. Currently doing traction and VED, looking to get a Implant.

cold brew

Which do you feel like kept, or improved your length better? the traction, or ved?
Which traction device are you using?
51 yrs old. Married, Had venous leak since young.
Couldn't maintain erections.
Injections did not work,
Had a 45-degree bend for over one yr.
Using VED trying to regain size.
Implant March 9th Titan 22cm by Dr. Lentz

SW01

I feel for you. Just about the same thing happened to me. Last summer I was 5.5 inches down from 7 after 2 years of ed and peyronies, curve of around 60 degrees. Started traction and ved and got the curve to 30 - 35 degrees, and a stretch length in traction of 6.25, and ved of 6.75. Wife had to have brain surgery in December, so put my surgery off for last fall. Hers did not go so well so she is going to be in and out of hospital for the next year with more surgery and treatment. Did not traction or ved for several weeks due to caring for her and hospital etc. Lost measurable size. Back to traction and ved, a bunch the past couple weeks. I am back to early Dec size.

Just scheduled for March 7th. I was planning on seeing Eid or Kramer, but due to the wifes issues with traveling, just cannot arrange it this year and do not want to wait. Found a local urologist who I at least feel comfortable with. He did tell me with a titan, I could get my curve straightened, and it would have taken care of the initial 50 degrees. There might have been a residual at first but it should straighten out with cycling over time with the titan. At the 30 to 30 degree curve, I should be fine. I would just do like others on here recommend Traction and ved, it helped me. It also helps me with the dents I have in my shaft. In one place it looks like I placed a rubber band around the middle of it and there is an indentation. The titan, I was told will take care of that as well. Just got off the phone this morning with my doc again and he tried to reassure me about size and said if I want a good approximation, get in a hot shower, relax, give myself a pretty good stretch and bone press with a ruler. That will be a good approximation of my length. For me that is around the 6.25. Not sure why it does not get up to the 6.75 that I am in the ved, but I never can.

Good luck. FYI, I was on my 4th doc before I found one that actually talked to me and listened. You might want another opinion. The third doc I saw told me he would either do the graft or implant the titan, but not both at the same time. He felt it was to dangerous. I saw him when the curve was around 60 degrees, and he felt the titan would fix it as well. Three separate docs told me the titan would fix the curve without a graft, but I did not feel comfortable with them. The 4th doc for me will be the one doing my work. He was also the only one who did any tests on me to see if I have any medical issues besides peyronies. I have a venous leak so I am never having an adequate erection without an implant. All the best.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Alibaba

SW01, You did the right thing. Over the last few years I have become a hard advocate of firing a$$hole arrogant tight lipped doctors and gotten along better by it. I went through 15 to get an implant. Sucks but you have to do what you have to do. One of the patient advocates at Vanderbilt told me urologists are the most problem doctors they have. Also been my biggest problem. My experience: Dermatologist,  50% good 50% bad. Thoracic Surgeon, 75% good.  Urologists: 11.7 were good, the rest were smart alec arrogant jerks. Oncologists, 50% good 50% bad not including 1 that we "came to an understanding" and get along.   Each and every one of you live in your body 24/7/365.  You know it intimately more than anyone or should. If some smart ass prick you have seen is going to tell you he knows more about you body after 3 minutes than you do and won't discuss things with you, walk out. F'k them. A true good doctor loves his craft and will take time to help you.
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders