Implant surgery and what's next

Previous topic - Next topic

dizmthegreat

I've been following this forum for the past few months.  I must say that I wish I wouldve known about it when I was originally diagnosed with Peyronie's disease.  

Back in 2016, I felt a lump on left side of my penis and went to get it looked at.  My urologist at the time advised me what it was and to start taking Vitamin E and come back and see him in 6 months.  

Went to see him 6 months later and was told again to wait another 6 months and we may start with getting the shots.  Went back to see him 6 months following and he said that the disease had gotten worse and it's not his expertise, so he referred me to another urologist.  I went to see different urologist a month later and he advised me that the plaque buildup was too much and down near the base of the penis.   He then gave me the names and locations of the top dr's who specialize with Peyronie's.  

I chose the closest one to me which was Dr. Knoll in Nashville, TN.  When I 1st met Dr. Knoll he gave me said that he would order and sonogram and let know what my best options would be.  Once he got the information back he said in his 31 years of practicing hes never seen a case like mines.  Alot of the plaque had calcified and would need to be removed surgically, and in order for me to ever have a normal sex life again I would have to get a implant.  

Fast forward to Friday 1/25.....my surgery date.  Dont really remember too much outside of being rolled in the operating room and waking up in recovery.  My wife was there and she told me that Dr. Knoll had talked to her and apologized to her for "beating me up" during the operation.  From the last convo I had with the Dr. I knew that it was 3 things that he wanted to accomplish with surgery.  Remove the plaque, insert the implant, and snip a piece of skin that connects the head to the shaft.  

When I finally got the chance to talk to the Dr yesterday before I left he explained to me everything he had tongo.through during the surgery.  He shared with me the pics that he took of the actual bone that needed to be broken and removed.  I'm relieved that the surgery is now in the past, but now I'm curious as to what will.be the final product.   Peyronies wasn't really to kind to me because it caused some shrinkage along with a painful erection when and if I could get one.  I have a few questions for the dr when I go back and see him for my follow up appt.

Just thought I would share my plight, I do appreciate this board though because I really was worried about the whole procedure until I started reading some of the stories on here.  

Injury from sex
Peyronies diagnosed back in 2016
Implant 1/25/19
AMS 700
Grafting/Implamt
Dr. Knoll

Stepone

I haven't seen any posts from you lately?
Did I miss them someplace else?
I hope you are doing well and would be great to hear his you are doing.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Pfract

Hey stepone.... Probably fixed his situation and didn't comeback. Happens a lot here.