Curved’s Impant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

curved

Got it... thanks Hawk. I definitely feel the fluid going in during the first 10-15 pumps. After that not as much. I will continue the course for the next week or so and see how it goes.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

TonySa

I think when pumping 80+ times were somehow deflating while inflating-thus pumping seems endless.  Have to say this is easier to do w the AMS, I hear deflating with Titan is more difficult to do accidentally.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Not only do I think Tony is correct, I think it is an understatement to say the Titan is more difficult to deflate accidentally.  If anyone ever told me they were accidentally deflating a Titan I would have to conclude they were a TOTAL idiot or a liar.  I don't think it is possible to deflate a Titan without making a deliberate, thought-through effort as evidenced by SW01 having to drive to his surgeon's office because he could not deflate even after trying for days.  Men often run into some trouble deflating a Titan when they are new at it.  I have never heard of anyone accidentally deflating a Titan.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hey curved:.I don't mean to be disrespectful or pushy in any way, but would there be a chance you can share a picture or two of the current  curvature status with the implant inflated? It would very nice to see a comparison between pre-op and your current status, considering how you had your penis curved.

Alibaba

Very interesting thread. I would be interested how you come out on the insurance too. Per your comment,  "What is interesting is that dr Eid is in network for united healthcare ( my insurance) but he doesn't take it.", that was an issue I had when I was trying to get my revision 25 months ago. Cheers man. Reads like a great story to me.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

curved

Pfract- Attached you will find some pictures from last night.  I sent these to Dr Eid this morning to make sure he felt I was progressing appropriately.  The first 2 are pre-inflation and what I am like in flaccid state since implant. Still a fair amount of swelling but the cylinders will turn me more into a "shower" than the "grower" I was before.  The second 3 are pictures inflated.  There is still residual curvature that Dr Eid approximated at 20%.  I was approximately 90% prior to implant.  I still have a ways to go and Dr Eid promises that it will straighten more with time and to focus on cycling with modeling... as much as I can through the day.  Not the immediate improvement that others have had (e.g. SW01) but certainly better than before. Dr Eid and I spoke a fair amount about this prior to surgery and he has a philosophy on Plaque/Peyronies Disease that will differ from some surgeons.  He definitely feels "less" is more.... meaning less modeling, less incision of plaque and certainly less excision of plaque.  He prefers to put implant in, size appropriately and as he said "let mother nature" straighten it over time.  This means less trauma at time of implant so a faster recovery and perhaps more importantly less risk of infection.  Also very heavy modeling can damage uretha if not careful.  And lastly, all Peyronies Disease cases/plaque are different and how one responds to the implant will greatly depend on size, location and density of plaque.  Mine (3) ranged from calcified to very hard.  I know he would have done some minor incision if possible but the plaque location may it impossible through the penascrotal incision.  I am already at the 13.5cm he promised and with further straightening really think I can get another cm.
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19

Pfract

Thank you so much curved! I went back to the other page to check the pictures you posted first, and it's amazing the curvature correction the implant alone does.... I believe you and Dr eid, about achieving a close to 100% straightening. I also hope this gives some hope to people in this board, in that if everything conservative fails to treat their curvature, they will have this very effective, albeit different option.  

curved

Thanks Pfract. Peyronies Disease is obviously devasting and I would advise everyone to try the first lines of defense of supplements, traction and VED. If they so choose perhaps even Xiaflex. In the end an implant is a huge step but I believe in time will just create a "new" normal for me. Although I did not have full blown ED, intimacy with my wife was being damaged. Not by her, she was great and said intercourse was still great but the inability to have sex in any position other than missionary and the obvious shortening really hit me hard... to where rationally or not I began to feel inadequate as a man.

I am only one week post surgery so I expect to continue to straighten over the coming months and will continue to document. I will supply measurements in a few days although I can tell,with certitude that the distal narrowing I had prior to implant is significantly improved.  
But I had no ED

curved

Just a quick update. 12 days post op and cycling 2x a day with the exception of yesterday where I only got in one cycle. I went pretty hard on Sunday and did some more aggressive modeling so I was pretty sore yesterday. That coupled with getting as much fluid into the cylinders as possible really caused the plaque to stretch.  I feel like this is a battle between me and my plaque.... and the plaque is one tough competitor!  Dr Eid said he wants me cycling as much as possible and to to continue that until there is no pain when fully inflated.  So a couple of questions for the bionic folks out there:

1- Approx how long were you cycling until there wasn't any real pain when fully inflated (recognize results will vary)?
2- I notice sometimes that when I feel fully inflated I wait a few seconds and can get a half pump in (could be tissue stretching as Hawk as suggested), but had a curiosity is it possible that I pump a bit of fluid in and then it retracts into the reservoir? Guess looking for some confirmation on how to know when I am fully inflated.... haven't been able to have the last pump end with the bulb left in depressed state yet.
3- Haven't had sexual stimulation yet but worried about glans engorgement .... any ideas just in case? Read that sildenafil can help but just checking for advice if and when needed.

Thanks!
But I had no ED

TonySa

I wasn't fully inflating for a couple months.  Now, fully pumped the bulb does not collapse because I still have fluid in the reservoir (I'd rather have more than less than needed).  If you find your glans is not aroused w sex you can take a PDE5i (as I do).  Works great in rounding out my dick-but works without it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

curved

Thanks TonySa... really appreciate the feedback.
But I had no ED

Hawk

I think I was about 6 weeks before I could fully inflate for 1 hour with only minor discomfort.  It might have been longer.  I am sure it is in my journal.  By that time I was opting for one 1hour session rather than (2) 30-minute sessions.  It saved one cycle on the pump and supposedly accomplished the same thing.

I don't have the answer to number 2.  I wonder the same thing although if it is stretch you will get to the point that you cannot pump after waiting.  There would only be so many times in a single session you could wait and add a pump or two.  If it is leakage it should have no limit in a single session.

curved

But I had no ED

curved

Day 13 post-op and latest observations. Haven't gotten the recommended 2x cycling for the last 2 days... only have done once ... but held inflated for at least 30 min. Absolutely have to force myself to find the time to do 2x per day. The really good news is that I was back o work for a few hours the Monday after my surgery which was on the Thursday before.  I was able to be there 3-4 hours the first week without a problem but it was a bit uncomfortable. Two weeks later there is no limitation with my office job and getting around is better achy day.

Like everyone else it's a new implant the semi-erection is a bit problematic and uncomfortable... I keep my penis upright with boxer shorts (under armor or reebok) but when I get out of my chair my penis is starting to drop to the 12 o'clock position so I have to readjust and put it back more upright.

It is a bit noticeable so I am trying to wear shirts untucked to cover the area which helps. If I wear a shirt tucked I feel like I have a somewhat noticeable bulge... which may seem like a good thing... but trust me at this point you don't anyone looking at you that way.... maybe I am just very conscious about it.

I still have a residual curve which Dr. Eid said will get better with time.  When I inflate fully I am definitely longer than pre-surgery but have that 20-30 degrees that I desperately want to remove.

I have found that in the last couple of days my sexual arousal has come back and was super curious if I could get glans engorgement to come back.  For the last two weeks I had zero thinking about sex so was worried if I had somehow lost some feeling "down there". It has come back full throttle the last two days and I was really hoping excited that last night after pumping and being sexually aroused that my penis was engorged and the glans full.

To be candid it was not the same as when I was young pre-Peyronies Disease but it was so much better than then the last two years.

I will post pictures and measurements in the next week or so to document progress but anecdotally I am comfortable with my progress thus far.  I know I can get at least another 1/2 -1 cm over the next month in length.

I have tried pumping and deflating out of the bathtub and it is a bit painful.... so continuing the baths for at least the next month.

I have no scientific basis for this opinion but getting an implant for Peyronies Disease and not just Erectile Dysfunction is completely different and one needs to understand that before getting an implant just for Peyronies Disease.

Will it help your curve.... yes!  Will, it immediately fix your curve... completely depends on a variety of factors.

First and foremost it depends on the severity of your plaque and bend. If you have moderate plaque then the implant alone may fix the curve very quickly. If you have severe plaque or if it is calcified it will take longer to fix.

It will also depend upon your surgeons perspective.... some may propose incisions, or significant modeling as part of the surgery which can help but bring complexities. Some may propose "breaking the plaque" during surgery (eg dr Parito).

I chose a doctor that prescribes a longer view with less surgical complications.....put the implant in... insure no infection and let the implant do its thing over 6-12 months.

I am not suggesting there is one right answer....what I am saying is that if you have severely calcified plaque and you are hoping that an implant will cure everything overnight it will not happen.

Once you have severe Peyronies Disease you are screwed.... unfortunately you (me) will never get back to pre-Peyronies Disease life. Accept it, hate it, curse it and get pissed....but do something about it.... don't be a victim.

I will move forward with a bit smaller penis, but if I did nothing I really believe I would have fallen into a victim trap and blamed my bad luck on anything rather than taking action.

My distal narrowing has greatly improved and if I can get back to 5.5 inches life will be great. I won't ever get back to my pre-Peyronies Disease 6 inches but as I continue to stretch the plaque and hole still hard and sore (a good sign) I am confident I can get to 5.5 in the next few months.

Dr. Eid promised me at least 13 cm post-implant and I am already there... the last measurement was 13.5.... the goal is 14.5 which would put be near 5.7 inches.  Most guys have reported 1-1.5 cm gain 2-3 months post-implant so I think I am on schedule.

I wish everyone the best and thank everyone for there support

But I had no ED

Hawk

Good report Curved.  There is just one area I am confused about.  You said:  
Quote from: curved on April 12, 2019, 11:36:13 PM
Like everyone else, it's a new implant the semi-erection is a bit problematic and uncomfortable... I keep my penis upright with boxer shorts (under armor or reebok) but when I get out of my chair my penis is starting to drop to the 12 o'clock position so I have to readjust and put it back more upright.

12 O'clock would be your penis laying against your body and pointing straight up to your navel Like the hands on a clock pointing towards the ceiling at 12 O'clock).  Depending on your perspective, 3:00 O'clock would either be sticking out from your body parallel to the floor (the usual meaning)  or laying against your body parallel to the floor and pointing toward your left arm.

I have NO doubt you will get a minimum of another CM although my gains might partly be because I lost so much from Peyronies Disease and ED.  If you pump up in the morning and stay inflated while you eat breakfast, shave, and shower, you will have 30 minutes in.  It should be easy in the evening to pump up when you lay down in bed.  Even if you doze off it is not a problem.  You need at least an hour a day if you are trying to gain size and remold.

curved

Thanks Hawk.... you are correct I am at 3 o'clock.  I will aim for at least a hour a day....good tangible goal to have out there
But I had no ED

Pfract

Thank you for coming back and updating your diary curved. I see very positive things here, namely you having glans engorgement, having your promised length and possibly looking at regaining more and the curve correction you already have.  At this point, based on everything I read and also doctors recommendations please try as best as you can to stretch it out twice daily for the indicated amount of time.

That will insure the best outcome possible. There is also vacuum therapy post implant to help stretch out even more the penis but that is considered by many uncharted territory and so far there's very few doctors talking about it and not many documentation and proof of results.

I repeat that I really appreciate the pictures you so kindly shared. One thing is to cure ed with the implant, the other is showing the amount of curvature correction you can get with it alone even at such an early stage. best of luck with your new toy.  :)

curved

Yesterday marked day 18 post op and thought I would update 2 milestones in the last day or two.  The first was the ability to achieve orgasm over the weekend. My wife and I did not have intercourse.... still waiting to between week 3-4 to attempt that.  I am not much one to provide detail on the specifics but did want to comment on the orgasm itself which was different than what I have experienced in the past.  A bit difficult to describe but prior orgasms culminated in a significant 1-2 second release whereas this was a more sustained 15-20 second slower culmination.  I suspect it is because all of this is still new and may take a bit to adjust to.  It was still very pleasureable but different.

Secondly was able to get back in the gym yesterday.  While I certainly didn't push it was able to get a decent chest/tri split and was not limited on any of my typical lifting movements. I did hold off on decline presses but flat, incline and flys were fine.  I made sure I had compression underwear on to keep me pointed upwards to 12 o'clock and minimize any awkwardness of a semi erect penis sticking out.  Plan on slowly getting back into it the rest of the week but do feel I am a couple of weeks out from working lower body hard, particularly squats or deadlifts. The only discomfort would seem to be in those exercises that require significant bending at the waist or a squatting movement.  Nonetheless think this was a great recovery for day 18.

Finally took a quick measurement last night and was pretty easily at 13.5cm.... although the slight upward bend makes it a little bit challenging to get the most accurate read.... kinda have to bend the penis straight.  Will get pictures and more measurements in a few days.
But I had no ED

Stepone

Thanks for the update and sharing. Your sharing will make the psychological part of this implant journey easier for others....or at least it does for me. Thanks and continue to give us updates. By the way, I like the idea of a longer climax. Very interesting.  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Interesting.  I have never heard anyone say the sensation of orgasm was any different regardless of the implant manufacturer or surgeon as long as there were not some unusual complication.  I wonder (since you did not have intercourse) if the method used to reach orgasm or your psychological state (nervous about discomfort etc) had some effect.

curved

Hawk---- very well could be. Obviously the penis itself "feels" different than before so I wonder if this a psychological thing more than a physical thing. Prior to implant I could tell pretty quickly when about to reach orgasm whereas this time it certainly felt like a longer, steady build with an elongated climax.  Again, not necessarily bad, but different.  Hopefully over the next few weeks I will get some more data points to make a more informed report as to whether this a new norm or part of the recovery process. Thanks to all for the encouragement.
But I had no ED

curved

Hey guys....question on how long to continue the hot baths with inflation. I am at the three week post implant mark today and was wondering when the hot baths were not necessary as part of the inflated process? I recognize that the baths help with inflammation but my has pretty much subsided and I am comfortable inflating outside of the tub... in fact the last week or so I would inflate as best I could in tub (approx 10 min) and then lay on the bed and inflate to max and hold for another 20 min. I would then get back in tub and deflate which was easier in tub than out of tub. Today it seems just as easy in tub or it of tub.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.
But I had no ED

TonySa

I understand the baths are just for comfort to allow easier use of the pump until your scrotum toughens up.  I only have a shower so never did the hot baths.  

Hawk

Generally, once you start sex around day 21 you can discontinue hot soaks.  One might still be soothing now and then for a couple weeks if you feel any discomfort after sex or other activity.

curved

Thanks for the feedback. A couple of thoughts for those considering an implant with significant Peyronies Disease and hardened plaques. Every patient will be different and the curvature reduction post implant will depend on many factors but there are 3 that jump to mind to consider.

1- Dr's philosophy on plaque removal/incisions/modeling. Lots of issues to consider that are specific to each patient and severity/location of plaques. There is a spectrum of potential considerations from excision and grafting, to incisions and scratch technique to break up plaque, to implant insertion and modeling. The more invasive the approach the greater the chance for infection but in the hands of an experienced surgeon risk of infection is greatly reduced.

2- The severity of plaques and approach taken will dictate to an extent the immediate reduction of curvature post implant.  Some patients with less dense plaque can go from severe curvature to completely straight with implant alone.  Others may need significant modeling and still others will take time with the cylinders slowly expanding the plaques/tissue over time. It is really important that when the surgeon does the doppler you have the discussion and determine what is expected to be the approach and what expectations can be post surgery.  In my case it was pretty severe and the Dr. didn't want to even promise the ability to put in a 3 piece implant and prepared me that if he couldn't successfully dilate he would place a 1 piece malleable implant and I would have to return for a second surgery after the tissue had successfully been expanded. Fortunately this was not the case and he was able to implant the Titan.

3- Everyone wants to max their size and for those with Peyronies Disease it comes down to expanding the diseased tissue (assuming you haven't have it excised) and this takes time. It is somewhat analogous to using the restoreX... it takes time.  When inflated the cylinders will put tremendous pressure on expanding the plaques so critical to do it the recommended 2x a day.

One thing that I have found when inflating is that at the very end I can get a very minor squeeze on the pump in but it doesn't feel like the penis is expanding.... like it has hit its limit of how much fluid can enter the cylinders but their is still a small amount of fluid in the reservoir.  I suspect that I am hitting the limit of what I can expand given the constriction of the plaque.... meaning absence plaque I could get a bit more fluid in the cylinders but the plaque at this point wont allow any more expansion.  This is also visually seen because i have a residual curve.  I wish there was a quick solution but this remains a marathon and I need to continue to trying to push a bit more each time and have been given assurances that over time (e.g. 6-9 months) things will improve even more.

I am going to attempt VED later tonight and will report back tomorrow with first thoughts.
But I had no ED

TonySa

Is Dr Eid on board with the post implant VED?  If so, what protocol does he recommend?  Before inflation or after inflation, length of time, frequency, etc?

Xehonart

It only takes me about 10ish pumps to get pretty hard. Then the pump gets hard to press and I pump 5ish more times to get more fluid in. As for the baths I stopped around day 40. Now i just pump once a day for 30 minutes and have a shower and what not. This way too it conserves the duration of my implant instead of cycling twice a day
30 years old - single. Peyronies 7 years. VI with slight improvement. Not allowed xiaflex - not enough curve. Maintaining blood flow pressure is the problem.
Solution. 22 cm Titan march 7 Dr.Eid. time to go on a legendary F^@$!ng spree.

curved

Thanks for the feedback.  TonySa- to my knowledge Dr Eid is against post implant VED as he doesn't think it would help any more than aggressive inflating would.  
But I had no ED

TonySa

How does modeling work after an implant?  Did dr Eid give instructions?

Alibaba

I recently read that modeling after an implant does not work unless it is started immediately and continued through the 3rd week of healing. The doctors in the study DID have to prescribe pain meds for the test subjects to do it. That I believe!

"I don't think it is possible to deflate a Titan without making a deliberate, thought-through effort".  I agree Hawk.

Pfract

Hey Ali! Is there any chance you can share that study with us?  

curved

Would be interested as well to see the post implant study on modeling.  TonySa- I was given real detailed instructions from Dr. Eid.  Essentially when inflated i am to push against the curve using two hands but needing to be careful on the force as to not injure the urethra. I read somewhere that it should be held for 90 seconds. I try to do this 3-4 times during my cycling.  It is fairly painful and I am sore afterwards. It has been just under 4 weeks and I can't say that I have seen much improvement but I imagine the improvement comes with time and having the plaque consistently stretched.  I view it very much like using the RestoreX where results will come after several months.  I do remember reading that those achieving good results with the RestoreX saw their progress improve after they aggressively used the counter bend feature in the device and not just a pure straight stretch.  I think the same principle applies here but since you are in the inflated state one would need to be careful to not damage the cylinders so some caution should be taken. At a close to full inflation without bending/modeling I can feel the plaque being stretched so I am still making progress even when not modeling.  I approximate my upward curve to be 20-25 degrees and have a goal of getting to 10 degrees in within the next 3 months.
But I had no ED

TonySa

SW01

I also have a slight curve still. Not sure what he had to back it up but my doc told me it should straighten little by little over the next year. I did not get any instructions on doing any modeling other than pumping it up.

I have to say though I do gently bend it against the curve when pumped and also deflated a couple times each day. Figure if I am gentle it should be ok and might help straighten it quicker.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Alibaba

Quote from: pfract on April 24, 2019, 07:33:02 AM
Hey Ali! Is there any chance you can share that study with us?

Be glad to if I could just find it. Google is not my friend tonight!  

curved

Just a couple of quick thoughts/update.... have been traveling a bit so haven't had the time I would have liked to post.  

First--- in a response to a question from TonySa I saw a typo in my answer.  It read "I was given real detailed instructions"... it should have read "I wasn't give real detailed instructions.  Kinda important  mistake by me... apologies.  So for those modeling post implant would love any thoughts you have that may differ from the high level info I was given by Dr Eid.  I did get the sense that further straightening through cycling would take place but it would take several months.

Second thought is based on recent experience with my wife. Long story short she is incredibly happy with where we are at.  She said it really felt like the old me and she didn't have to worry about another injury and could "let herself go and not be so self conscious".  This was significant for us and basically the big reason we went down this path.  An important point she indicated was that she actually prefers me at about 80 - 90% pumped vs fully inflated to the max.  I believe this echos what others have said on this board.  For her fully inflated doesn't feel as natural and feels too hard.  She also said at 80-90% inflated is was more than adequate in terms of length and she could definitely feel the glans engorgement which makes a significant difference for her in terms of feel/fullness.  Also, while a bit sore immediately after having sex the second time I felt normal within 24 hours whereas our first attempt took me a bit longer for the aching to subside.  So recovery post sex is getting faster which is great.

So I think my plan is to continue to push full inflation when cycling to stretch plaque as much as possible and dial it back a bit for sex.

Quick comment of my flaccid state.  My penis hangs a bit to the left in the flaccid state... almost like the left cylinder contracts more than the right when deflated.  I have more plaque on my right side so then may be playing a part.  I will send pictures later this week.  Regardless this is not a big deal to me at all because when inflated I am straight at the one o"clock position with the 20% upward curve.

Finally for what it is worth I am just over 4 weeks out and am back to close to normal daily routine.  Will attempt golf later this week but don't foresee and issues and have been back in gym for the past 2 weeks with only limitations on squats, deadlifts or anything requiring significant bending.
But I had no ED

Stepone

Glad to hear things are moving along.
Thanks for sharing.
I think the talk with the spouse about what feels best is the BEST way to go. All too often, we tend to think we are having a good time, so they must be too.
Hopefully at the 4 week mark, I can say I am almost back to a normal routine too.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Alibaba

curved

Haven't checked in for awhile ...apologies. Today marks 10 weeks post implant surgery and things are going very well. I measure between 13.5 and 14 cm and most importantly have reduced by curvature to approx. 20 degrees upward.  I texted with Dr Eid and he felt these results were even better than he expected at this point in time given the severity of my Peyronies Disease.  He measured me prior to implant at 13 - 13.5 cm so the fact that I am there and perhaps slightly above that was encouraging.  He believes I can get to consistently at 14cm+ as the plaque stretches over time.  He felt the improvement to 20 degrees was "amazing" and he thinks it will continue to improve over the next 9 months.

Sex with my wife has steadily gotten better. It is definitely a better experience for her than before surgery and I couldn't be happier about that. There are 2 things we are still working through. The first is getting past her concerns about causing another injury.  My Peyronies Disease was triggered by an injury during intercourse which is what set me down this path several years ago.  She still has a concern despite my reassurances so I suspect this will come with time.  The second is just getting used to inflating as part of "foreplay".  We are still getting the right cadence for us.

Daily activities are completely back to normal. I will say that in the flaccid state it hangs a bit to the left and there is still a bit of residual curvature so I sometimes have to reposition it so it doesn't look like it is sticking out a bit. Compression type underwear helps and it is only slightly noticeable when wearing looser sweat type pants.  Not an issue with jeans or khakis at all.

All in all we are very happy with the decision we made.  I can't stress enough how important it was for us to once again have an intimate relationship that is physically fulfilling for both of us.  

Best to all
But I had no ED

Hawk

We have missed your input Curved but glad to hear the report.  Going from a 90-degree bend to 20-degree at this point is awesome.  Since it is upward, any residual curve will just seem normal and maybe even preferred.

I am interested in your experiences with inflating and working it into your routine during sex.  I am mainly interested because it could not be much more of a non-issue for me.  I find it easy to pump up with one hand whether under the covers or even through sweat pants if I am standing.  If I were going to initiate I just pump up part way under the covers or through pants.  I find it easy to do the final inflate during foreplay.  The majority of the time my wife initiates since she knows I am always interested.  It is seldom that I don't sense her interest and get good quick partial inflation before her hand is on my penis, and again, I just top-off during foreplay.  I can have both hands on her and briefly move one for a few seconds to inflate then repeat if necessary.  It is even easier if I am engaged in giving oral sex.

If by chance she just randomly grabs me with not even a subtle warning, it only takes 4 or 5 quick pumps before all dogears or folds are out of the Titan cylinders and I proceed as above.  Also, readers should keep in mind that we both know I have an implant.  I would have no hesitation to pumping up in front of her on a sunny deserted beach.  In fact, she would likely enjoy watching it.  I do the above just because it seems to be what just naturally happens between us most of the time.

PS: If I were single and on a date that could result in a first contact I would be partially pumped up when I got dressed to go out or at least after a bathroom break.  I do find pumping up easy enough that I am sure I could discreetly do it in her presence.

Stepone

Curved thanks for posting and always nice to hear from the "seasoned" Hawk. I am still new to restarting my sex life. Trying to get the right moved, but so far the spouse and I are working through our moves with the new improved penis. Lol
I like to hear about all the different approaches and yes I find giving some enjoyable oral to the spouse gives me some time to be pumping it up.
Since I get up earlier than the spouse, I can walk throughout the house naked with a full pump. As Hawk suggested, I can be having some coffee, etc., while my penis has total freedom to stretch.

Pfract

Hey Curved! so nice to see you coe back with excellent news like that. I also think that with the stretching you will keep seeing an improvement to your condition as time goes by.

You already contributed so much to the board by posting your diary and providing pictures, don't feel guilty. Hopefully it will encourage other members in a similar situation.

Enjoy sir!  8)

curved

Thanks for the responses everyone... as others have said the forum is incredibly important to those tackling a host of these issues and the support keeps our heads up.

Hawk- to address your question... I hadn't really thought of a partial inflate prior to sex so that the one could only need a few pumps to be fully inflated.  For a single guy that makes a lot of sense.  I haven't quite mastered the one handed pump just yet.  I can get 80% of the way there with one hand but stretching that plaque to get another 10% sometimes requires an extra effort with the second hand.   I am sure it will get better with time. More importantly is helping her get past the concern for future injury.  

The pump continues to get easier to manipulate but I would estimate that I need 12 pumps to get to my max inflate right now.  Part of the challenge is that the final pumps still have a little give in them vs fully inflated and feeling like you are "squeezing on a marble".  I believe it is because of the residual plaque I have and it not being totally straight therefore not allowing me to pump to max.  My math may be a bit off but with a 20cm implant I should have roughly 5cm in the body and roughly a maximum of 15cm for max inflation.  Since I am getting close to 14cm consistently I believe I have potential for 1 cm or so for continued length which might explain the minor partial squeezes toward the end.

Anyone have any thoughts?  

Thanks everyone and best to all!
But I had no ED

Stepone

Thanks for posting again. I am not quite sure when I have maximized the pump. It seems like I have pumped all the way, but a few minutes later, it seems like I can pump one or two times. I am thinking the tissues are stretched and then they relax and I can get in a few more pumps. I feel like I have totally maximized, when I feel the pain deep in my groin or at the tip. Is this what you have felt?
On another thought, I still can't seem to get my penis fully deflated. Maybe I've time my penis will soften more and it will hang? But at the present, it seems like I have a "semi" all the time. I could never get naked at the gym as I would look excited. Will this eventually relax? Should I start trying to point my dick down or am I too early for that.
Reminder, I am going on 6 weeks now.
Thanks  

curved

Stepone--- thanks for responding.  Your sensations with pumping were/are similar to mine.  Let me try and explain the "were/are".  I would say the first six weeks I had a very similar experience where I would feel like I fully pumped and then wait 15 seconds and could get another partial pump.  I could do this 5 or 6 times and would push to where i felt pain.... mostly for me was around where my plaque was which I take as a good sign.  That covers the "were".  Now when fully pumped (or what I believe is the max I can get now) the plaque area isn't as painful... maybe a bit uncomfortable but any additional discomfort is in the glans where the tips are.  When sexually aroused (vs just pumping) I can still get engorged and I don't notice the tips at all... so the "are" part. All in all with continued pumping any discomfort/pain will subside with time.  I am still a little sore after sex but that goes away within a hour whereas the first few times I was a bit sore the next day.

I am just over 10 weeks and in the flaccid state my penis doesn't hang straight down ... more out a bit and to the left.  However, I can point it down or up with out any discomfort as long as I wear compression type underwear.  I think part of the challenge is that I was a "grower" before and now with the implant I am clearly larger in the flaccid state but the implant is not quite soft enough yet to hang completely down.  It has definitely gotten better in the last month so I would hang in there and be patient for awhile longer for the flaccid appearance to be exactly where you want it to be.  I would be interested to hear from others on which way to point your penis at this point.... but to be safe I would definitely err on the side of caution and have your penis pointing up as much as possible.  For me I did this every day until it seemed like one day, out of nowhere, it just wanted to point downwards and to the left.  Today I try to keep it up when sitting for comfort and let it go where it wants when walking and just make sure it doesn't stick out too much to be noticeable.
But I had no ED

Pfract

Hey curved. Not exactly sure on the measurements side of things. Maybe hawk or Tony will be able to provide you with some ideas. I do have two questions:

-did you kept doing the modeling exercises since last time you mentioned it? How has that been in particular?

-did you get around to test the vacuum device post inflation? Did you feel anything in particular? Have you been incorporating it into your routine?

Hawk

I will generally say to Curved and others that one of two things will happen when you really pump a Titan to the max.  
1. The bulb will get so hard that you cannot squeeze it anymore and if you do manage to squeeze it a little, there will be no feeling/sound of it sucking up fluid when you let go.
   (this means the penis is exerting so much resistance you cannot force another pump)
2. If you drain the resevoir the bulb will go flat or dimpled and not round out when you release.  When you hit deflate it will then round out.
   (This means that the capacity of the fluid is used up)

Granted, you might get to the point that your penis does not want to tolerate any further inflation before either of these things happen but if the implant is to its capacity, one of the previous two things will occur.  

By 90 days your penis will hang almost as lose and downward as it is likely to when deflated.  You might get some VERY slow minor additional downward hang after that but I think it will be minimal.  The degree of hang has a little to do with your external length.  Obviously, an 9" penis will exert more downward leverage than a 3" penis.  If you are 100% deflated with a Titan, then you will actually be able to visually distort your penis to a flat shape in spots and it will stay like that for at least several minutes.  If you cannot do that then you are not 100% deflated.

curved

Thanks Hawk.... I will continue to push until I hopefully one day to get the reservoir drained.  I do believe getting the calcified plaque to stretch is what limits me today. As I mentioned earlier my wife actually prefers me at 80%-90% pumped versus maxed out.  She says it feels too hard at maxed out and a bit unnatural.  I think by continuing to try and max out and stretch the plaque today's 100% size can become tomorrow's 90% size thus giving me a bit more length and a better feel at that length.

Pfract- I try and pump 1x daily to max to stretch the plaque consistently but I haven't been modeling as much if for no other reason that my wife prefers the slight upward bend and believes it hits particular spots for her ("G spot").  Also thank you for the follow up question on the VED. I neglected to post when i tried that several weeks ago.  As mentioned by someone else (Hawk?) Dr Eid does not recommend post implant VED and focuses on stretching the tissue/plaque through consistent inflation. I tried VED after inflating and found it very painful and quickly abandoned the idea.  I have not tried a second time.  
But I had no ED

Roddy

Hey, Curved. Thanks for your journal - I read with much interest. I don't know if you've read any of my journal on here - From 90 degree bend to straight - Roddy's Implant Journal? Given your 90 degree turn (up) and my 90 degree turn (down), I wonder how similar the early days were for you compared to me in terms of pain from inflation? I'm Day 12 now and had my return to my surgeon on Wednesday there - I was left inflated by him until then to try and remodel my shape. Strange that I had little pain in my actual penis during the first 9 days until Wednesday night when I tried to inflate for the first time. Essentially Wed, Thursday, Friday and this morning (Sat) have given me horrific pain when I inflate. Like I said on my journal page, it's definitely feeling that my penis wants to bend down the way as it inflates but the implant is trying to force it straight. The outcome is breathtaking sharp pain. The longest I've been able to stay inflated is 30 minutes. I'm honestly not normally one who goes overboard and exaggerates in terms of pain etc but in this case it really is sickening. Did you experience this? Did it ever get better? Any pearls of wisdom for me?
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

curved

Roddy- sorry for the delay in responding... just checking the board this morning.  To answer your question... yes. The pain for the first 4 weeks was pretty tough.  I did have some experience with the RestoreX traction device prior to surgery so it was similar to that for me.  The RestoreX puts a tremendous amount of stretch/force, especially when bending the penis in the opposite direction of the curve.  For me I could really feel my plaque being stretched when inflating.  I could only handle 20 min or so the first couple of weeks (2x a day in warm bath).  By the end of the first month I was up to 45 min, out of a bath lying on the bed fairly easily but still with some pain.  I am currently approx 11 weeks post surgery and everything is feeling good.  I am a bit sore after intercourse but that goes away within an hour and has dissipated a great amount from the first time I had intercourse which was at 4 weeks post surgery.  I still have an approximate 20 degree bend upwards and I can absolutely feel the tension of the implant wanting to straighten the penis vs the plaque that doesn't want to stretch to allow complete straightening.  My plaque is calcified so it will take some time for me to get completely straight (Dr estimated it could take up to a year).  Luckily the curve is upward and my wife actually prefers a slight upward curvature so I will take it as it is.  

My first bout of Peyronies Disease started with a downward curve and that is no fun so I empathize with you and am hoping for the best for you.  From your picture it looks like you have already made tremendous progress with implant alone and I am sure with consistent inflation that curve will continue to improve over time.  As others have said patience is the key.... although not easy. My dr did want me to model (bend and hold penis downward when inflated... upward for you) and that may be something to ask to see if Dr Fraser wants you to do that to help speed the curvature remodeling. It was suggested i hold the bend for 90 seconds several times while inflated. Please let me know what other questions you might have and best of luck!
But I had no ED