Just started restoreX.. Any advice?

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindseye

So, I am trying the device... Pretty freaked by the amount of stretch!... So much so I emailed the doc to ask about it and was assured that it is supposed to be that way. I can see that the device is a definite improvement on targeting the actual point of plaque as compared to the strap type one I have. The stretch is easily 60% more as well. Thing I am not digging so far is how bulky and inconvenient device is.. Apparently you can stand, sit or lie but no way in hell can I sit or stand with it so I have lied down but it flops over so I have to brace it with a towel. Definetly not easy to use like the strap ones but the tests on the procedure seem to show good results.. The penile skin looks really wrinkled and beat up right after anyone else notice same?.. Seems to go back to normal a little later.. Any advice and experience from others appreciated?
Cheers

Pfract

Hey man.  We have a member here with a pretty amazing improvement with restorex. ''thinkpositive''.

You can also check out these two threads:

RestoreX Use Tips - pics included - Peyronies Society Forums

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10328.0.html

Please stick with us and update us on your progress! Would love to have your feedback on these threads.  

thinkpositive

Hello,

I'm not going to respond to each person, but I will happy to respond to a few people.  

1. The stretch is how you will heal, so get used to it, I love it now and have been stretching for 9 months and no damage, only improvements
2. The device is bulky and inconvenient?  They are not designing the next iPhone, it's a penis stretching device and I'm pretty sure our safety and it's effectiveness is their top concern.  I have traveled all over the world with my device, had a great time at security explaining what it was one time lol.  I think the device is just fine, and I never walk around and always lay still when I'm using it.  
3. I also sit down and it never flops around but I am stretching straight and then down.  Are you stretching to the side?  When I stretched to the side, I had to hold it up because the base cannot easily rest on my nut sack.
4. The head of my penis looks like the head of a penis that was just clamped into RestoreX for 30 minutes, and then looks normal a little while later.  If you ask the doctor, it takes up to 20 hours in the clamp before you can actually damage yourself like that.  

Man up, quit looking for problems, stretch yourself, and be grateful that their are therapy devices like this available today.

Do yourself a favor, keep a photo journal and please read my tips.  

Pfract

@thinkpositive: hey man. By mentioning you I did not imply you had to respond somehow. Just mentioning to OP we have a user with very good results. I am sorry if it seemed like that.

@Bubbadawg: I don't know if you read the whole threads, or you are trolling on purpose. What you checked both topics ''thinkpositive'' did? What's the purpose of your post? It makes no sense. Please explain yourself

Pfract

Hey, I don't know what's your idea here but I would for sure read up on things and get informed, before spamming threads like this with no benefit for the subject at hand.  

Mindseye

Quote from: thinkpositive on January 15, 2019, 10:17:12 AM
Hello,

I'm not going to respond to each person, but I will happy to respond to a few people.  

1. The stretch is how you will heal, so get used to it, I love it now and have been stretching for 9 months and no damage, only improvements
2. The device is bulky and inconvenient?  They are not designing the next iPhone, it's a penis stretching device and I'm pretty sure our safety and it's effectiveness is their top concern.  I have traveled all over the world with my device, had a great time at security explaining what it was one time lol.  I think the device is just fine, and I never walk around and always lay still when I'm using it.  
3. I also sit down and it never flops around but I am stretching straight and then down.  Are you stretching to the side?  When I stretched to the side, I had to hold it up because the base cannot easily rest on my nut sack.
4. The head of my penis looks like the head of a penis that was just clamped into RestoreX for 30 minutes, and then looks normal a little while later.  If you ask the doctor, it takes up to 20 hours in the clamp before you can actually damage yourself like that.  

Man up, quit looking for problems, stretch yourself, and be grateful that their are therapy devices like this available today.

Do yourself a favor, keep a photo journal and please read my tips.

Thnx for the great advice I don't feel so worried now

thinkpositive

@Mindseye - my pleasure
@pfract - all good! happy to help
@Bubba - Read up on scar management and the studies related to stretching before spamming with misinformation.  Obviously, this is a sensitive space for people who are dealing with a serious situation.  You might also want to check out my progress report before making statements about me  

Pfract

Yeah... You are asking questions in the wrong thread, and undermining ''thinkpositive'' in the process. You want to question things? Sure. Open your own thread on the subject, discussing the legitimacy of the device and I am sure people will be pleased to chime in. But this thread is about using restorex, and the person is asking for advice on it. You don't agree with that? See above.  

Especially when this device was developed by a board certified urologist, working at a very prestigious hospital in America, and the device already has legitimate studies published on well known urology journals. Not to mention the improvement thinkpositive had and which he kindly shared pictures of. A thing many did not do.

So be considerate next time around.  

Pfract

How do you want people not to get upset, when you don't bother to read the posts properly before posting? I've posted two threads, from said member, with exactly what you are looking for. Again, ''thinkpositive'' shared what I believe to be the only two pictures available online of a penis being stretched on the device, even showing the penis being bent. Right there on my first post on this thread.

How could you not see it?  

thinkpositive

"I am not spamming! I am asking questions. Trying to figure out how it works."
You are not trying to figure out how it works.  It's not our responsibility to teach you how traction can benefits scars.  Everyone here has already done their homework on how traction helps remodel scars before posting here.  There are so many examples online via Google "http://bfy.tw/LpTq" on how scars are remodeled with traction, massage, etc.  So if you were someone who knew how to self educate, which you learn in school Bubba, then you could easily get on the same page with us and some other doctors and small hospitals you might not have heard of like the Mayo Clinic.

"Where is some before and after member result pictures"
They are posted in the other thread where pics are posted, again you clearly don't know how this forum works.  You would have to be deaf dumb and blind not to see the improvements with traction with my pictures.

"But it really contrast with the Xiaflex method when Xiaflex recommends NO traction. "
You are comparing Apples and Oranges.  Traction is a first line of treatment.  Xiaflex is a second line of treatment (which includes traction and stretching).  Surgery is the last line of treatment.  Again, you are mixed up and are talking about things you don't understand which can mislead and misinform others.  This is why you have a lot of us disturbed by your ignorant posts.

"But what I read and hear is that peronies is caused by trauma. Stretching to the extreme is trauma. I don't think bending with Xiaflex is trauma. "
Wrong.  Traction is not trauma.  Controlled prolonged traction is therapy that causes scar tissue to remodel.  If you think that is not true, then maybe you can go down to the Mayo Clinic and update them on your findings.

"I don't see how you can heal anything by extreme stretching. Short term you maybe improve with Restorex. You may also cause more trauma that could create future acute attacks, in my opinion. "
Grateful that you are not the one providing me with medical advise.  My doctor at the Mayo Clinic might know a thing or two you don't.  But please, enlighten us on your opinions more.  Show us your medical research.  In the meanwhile, have you seen https://www.restorex.com/clinical-results/

"I got a Hematoma during treatment with Xiaflex. The Hematoma was not cause by the medicine. It was caused by extreme stretching/molding by the Doctor."
I cannot comment on what caused the Hematoma, I'm not a doctor and don't know about this.  Maybe someone else here can.

He's not undermining anything, he's showing how he clearly does not understand what he is talking about.  

thinkpositive

Xiaflex is the best injectable available today, but it's not a first line treatment.  I will use traction for a few years before I consider Xiaflex.  

Once you remodel a scar with traction, it's more or less permanent.  The collagen changes when you apply traction.  There is a scientific term that describes a process that occurs when you pull on a scar, how the body grows more tissue.  Maybe someone with no knowledge can step in and explain.

Scars have the tendency to contract, so after doing RestoreX, its a good idea to go into maintenance mode with 1-2 stretches per week for X years?  Depends on what you see.

Obviously, scars contracting and traction remodeling the scar could look like it's contradictory but in the end, there will always be some part of the scar that remains even if you have stretched to a satisfactory outcome.  You need to keep that in check.

Even if you do Xiaflex, there will be part of the scar still there.... you will need to monitor that as well.  

There are no magic bullets for Peyronies Disease

If you are taking Vitamin E, you need to do research about how to take it... taking CVS bought Vitamin E does not compare to taking high quality Tocopherols in the morning and Tocotrienols in the evening.

I'm not defensive, I'm a fighter...I don't like people making statements without doing their homework in the place like this..it's also why I have been able to deal so successfully with my Peyronies Disease.

TonySa

Actually, xiaflex experts are recommending coupling w traction for best results.  Traction is also a great first line treatment, but if no success after 6 months I'd def add xiaflex.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

thinkpositive

You are missing the other side of Vitamin E, read up on it  

Mindseye

Hi All, I started this post to get some advice on those using the device, so far one person gave me his experience and it confirns what the doctor who invented it advised... So from the rest of the posts what is the debate all for?.. According to the Mayo clinic testing has and still is being done and there are documented positive results which is why I am trying it.. I used extender for 8 months which has 0 documentation and saw little result mostly because I wasn't using it correctly but peyronie's has not gotten worse so that's an improvement. The extender was not easy to use as it required several hours a day, did not fit in clothes and so impossible to use as instructed, this is main reason for buying the restoreX. It is bulky but very easy to use once you get the hang of it and 2 - 30min sessions per day and is designed to provide a deep and "automatic stretch" based on your own penis size. Xiaflex costs 1000 a shot, requiring several shots I have read here with mixed results.. I am waiting to see what a urologist suggests. Here in Canada it can take 6 months to see one under our healthcare. In meantime I'll try the restoreX with hope and report results. There seems to be more evidence for as against traction to improve or even cure peyronie's. Mine is mild with upper bend so I remain hopeful
Cheers  

swiss

I'm back on restorex now. After about 5 days I needed a break because I started to become too sore from the deep stretch. Failed to stay in the device for longer than 3 minutes. It's a bit of a learning curve. I think I am clamping too much and not padding my dick with enough gauze.

swiss

A tad concerned that my scar might be too old as per note 1 on that link...I'm about 1.7 months post acute phase. My erection angle has improved, maybe even some degrees of curve but deformity still remains and hasn't budged 😭 super sore today.  

thinkpositive

@swiss

1.7 months past acute is nothing... 17 years past acute, is something.  Keep stretching.  As far as being uncomfortable, you really need to practice wrapping.  Even after many months, I'm still adjusting my technique.  It's the hardest part of using RestoreX and the most important.  Right now, I'm wrapping with the center of the wrap on the glans and trying to clamp just below my head.  It's so hard to explain...I'm also using gauze and wrap.  Make sure you are very comfortable and that you have removed any skin folds under the wrap before you clamp down.  If I had to guess, you are clamping folded skin and that is causing you pain.

Pfract

Again... Thanks for helping out @thinkpositive! 👌

skunkworks

The substantially higher tension of Restorex does worry me a bit to be honest. I had issues with the tension of my traditional extender, and found it was pulling almost twice as hard as the studies recommended. When I got softer springs, things went very well.

But mechanical traction does have chemical effects, maybe there is something about the higher tension shorter timeframe which does a better job than longer at lower. Or the same job but faster.

I just want more information tbh, larger study sizes, more results.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

TonySa

Whatever device one is using: traction, VED or specific model...stop and back-off some if uncomfortable/painful for you.  Everyone is different and best rule is to listen to your own body.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Joe19403

Quote from: thinkpositive on January 17, 2019, 08:58:35 PM
Xiaflex is the best injectable available today, but it's not a first line treatment.  I will use traction for a few years before I consider Xiaflex....

please read Forum rules regarding quotes

I did the complete series of xiaflex injections and no improvement. The last injection was 9/17. Since then the curve has increased and sure I am in the chronic phase.  Decided to try the restorex and in the second week of treatment.  Once weekly I take pictures to monitor the progress. Will post pictures if I see a meaningful improvement.  Medicare pay for the xiaflex injections and my gap insurance paid the balance. Total cost around 40k and won't pay for a 500.00 device.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

Pfract

It's nice to see somebody else using restorex! Best of luck with it man. I think there was some mishap there with your quote/post

thinkpositive

Keep stretching!  Any pain, stop and check your wrap, look for folded skin.  

tonyode

No device here yet. Been through one round of Xiaflex. Next round in two weeks. I am looking into devices, possibly restorex. But I have been religious about stretching/modeling as much as I can daily. My question is, when i am aggressive with the modeling, which I usually am, do some of you experience a little pain later on or the next day around where the plaque is? If so, is this normal/ a good thing or am I being too aggressive in my stretching? Again, this is after, not during. Thanks for any responses.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

WhatNext81

My RestoreX is just collecting dust and has been for over 6 months. That and xiaflex worked for me. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. 😂
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

TonySa

Doctors such as Dr Lue in SF endorse traction w xiaflex and says the outcomes are much better with both and no longer recommends Xiaflex alone.

Pfract

Okay... Here we go again on the traction hate train, courtesy of bubba

TonySa

21 injections, if doing any more I would seriously consider adding traction between injections.  

Pfract

Again your post spreads misinformation, half truths and conveniently selected points, to suit your argument. I am not surprised. More on that later.  

WhatNext81

Yes, Bubba. My post is exactly as it reads. I started traction before my injections. I was the first person to purchase RestoreX when it became available.

I also think the drs understand the pain associated with these procedures. All the time spent in medical school, their practices, surgeries, you know, dealing with this stuff everyday and communicating with patients. First hand, no, but you get the idea. Traction devices are a different story. I followed the wrapping instructions post injections and I was able to start traction back up usually by day two after my last injection of each cycle. Since I traveled, I had each cycle done in two consecutive days. Day two was never fun.

Also, Mayo would be lucky to have him on board? They have nothing on this dr? Please do a google search and read their credentials. I bet you get bored of reading and don't even make it all the way through. Also, given the complexity and all of the unknowns, more drs need to be working together and talking about peyronies collectively. Sadly, it's not a hot topic at many conferences.

That being said, it sounds like you found a good dr. Consider yourself very lucky. That is half the battle for many people with peyronies.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc