Supplements vs Food (Why? What? By whom?)

Previous topic - Next topic

BAtBAt

Hello everyone,

I have been reading lots of posts and commonly everyone agrees in this forum that some supplements do help Peyronies Disease or Erectile Dysfunction.

As such, I found for Peyronies Disease, from either studies or posts that: ALCAR and Q10/Ubiquinol do help due to the benefits of the autoimmunity of the system.

For Erectile Dysfunction:  L-Citrulline and ZMA.

Which is started taking today in hopes for some better results of my current symptoms.
But what about foods that contain these or recognized testosterone increasing elements (Oysters, strawberries, pine, pumpkin seeds, etc.)?

I am starting this topic to discuss whether anyone has tried natural foods instead or found these supplements to be harmful or too much for the kidneys. Also why you have chosen the supplements instead and if your doctors/nutritionist gave any reasons for this.

Many good doctors do have a more natural approach instead, which I kind of try and prefer as an idea for a body. I can start mentioning that L-Citrulline is naturally found in big amounts within the Watermelon/Melon or Zinc in Oysters (example), and the list goes on an on.

Thanks for your attention.  
23 yo. Sympt 6m ago. Diag, possible pre-/peyroines and v leak after injuries. Had 2US, MRI, +5 doc & 6 urolog, 1 and

ED, sensation & natural or night erect loss, wid&leng loss, hard flaccid, hourglas inde, scars/lumps, no curv
TBC France Androlo

Hawk

I guess if you want to eat about 10 cups of watermelon every single day just to get a dose of that one supplement I guess that is fine.

The fact is that the amounts vary a lot from one melon to another.  This is true of all foods/supplements.  Most find it far easier to eat healthy and take a supplement.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

BAtBAt

Good stuff. I fully agree tbh and I´d rather make sure nutrients and needed components are in the body with such an important matter. That perhaps also allows one to focus on other foods or maybe therapies.
23 yo. Sympt 6m ago. Diag, possible pre-/peyroines and v leak after injuries. Had 2US, MRI, +5 doc & 6 urolog, 1 and

ED, sensation & natural or night erect loss, wid&leng loss, hard flaccid, hourglas inde, scars/lumps, no curv
TBC France Androlo

NeoV

I quit supplements a year ago after changing my diet. I only really only eat brocooli / cabbage, fish, mushrooms, eggs, and cheese, and some meats. The thing is that supplements truly have 20 to 100 times the dosage as many foods (if not more). So foods are not reliable for a therapeutic affect IF your diet is wrong. If you understand how mitochondria work and that you need to fast / consume only fats and veggies, you will need supplements.

Assuming your diet is good, It's hard to say how much you will need supplements but their must be a case where they CAN help.

That said, I do not use supplements anymore and my symptoms have gone away.

BAtBAt

Thanks Fenretooth
NeoV, it is great to see your symptoms have gone away. I have watched some of your videos months ago and were really helpful. Thanks for informing and sharing! Also for the contribution to this post and all that comes behind it.

TBC France Androlo

laurajohnson

In terms of food, you've got a good list there with watermelon, oysters, strawberries, pine nuts, and pumpkin seeds. Another one to consider is Sales link removed by admin . It's packed with healthy fats and nutrients that can support overall wellness, including your reproductive health.
As for supplements, it's great you've found some that work for you. It's always a good idea to consult with a doc or nutritionist to make sure they're right for you and won't interact with any meds you're taking. But, it's also worth noting that just because a supplement is natural doesn't mean it's safe for everyone. So, it's always best to err on the side of caution.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

laurajohnson,
What is your intent here? Here are responding to very old posts and a link to a site selling products which is against our rules.

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Timmyghoul

It's a great topic you've brought up! I've personally tried incorporating natural foods with recognized elements into my diet, like watermelon for L-Citrulline. I find it's a more holistic approach and can be easier on the body. Supplements can be beneficial, but it's essential to strike a balance. I still sometimes have fast food and cook with this Korean corn dog recipe. However, I incorporate better meals into my diet, too.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Hawk

It's hard to take any recipe using hotdogs seriously.  I would rather smoke a cigarette than eat a hotdog.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

MaudeM

Hello everyone,

my husband has ED and we tried a few things to help. Nutrition is the number 1 thing that helped. Once we'd seen the effects of food, we slowly added supplements and it worked wanders !  
Maude - VitaLab