News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

deschutes52

66yo male here. Woke up with my usual morning erection  ;D and like overnight noticed a 45 degree bend in penis to the left with hourglass restriction that allowed my penis to hinge left and right. I sought medical attention immediately which I highly recommend. My doctor says no but I insist that my masturbation habit caused this. With my nocturnal erections I would sometimes (rarely) but almost always with morning erections grip my penis at the base encircling it with index finger and thumb to restrict the blood and enjoy a slow :P masturbation session. I read an article wherein doctors suggest Peyronies is brought on by some trauma or damage to the penis. The hourglass effect I experienced is right at the point I did the death grip squeeze I mentioned earlier to trap the blood in my penis to maintain longer harder erections. So, I'm convinced I created the initial (trauma) problem. I no longer do the death grip... Anyway, have had about 6 injection therapy's and happy with the results. My penis was once straight as an arrow and now has a slight upward curve (probably more anatomical vagina wise anyway) which I kinda like. ;) The hinging effect stopped after about the second injection. The dent of the hourglass on right side has gone away but left me with a small dent on the left side. Scare tissue was heaviest on left to upper side. The left dent kinda annoys me but doctors says penis will never be exactly perfect again. All considering I'm pleased with my outcome. Doctors says at this point I might want to come in once or twice a year for a maintenance injection after I see how things go. I'm certain I'll do that since I don't want this to progress or reoccur?
66yo Male. Surprise, AZ. Peyronies Oct 2018, Injection treatments with very acceptable results.

TonySa

Glad to hear of your progress!  What type of injections did you have?   Seems to me a "death grip" could certainly result in micro trauma.  You seem like you've done all the research, but check out the survival guide here if you haven't yet.  Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums You might want to consider VED or traction to try to lessen the dents over time.  Cheers and please keep us posted!  If you could fill out your signature line that helps folks understand more as well.  Thanks  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Bubba dawg

I dont know about maintenance injections. Doctor diidnt say anything about doing that. Injections have risk. So if I am doing ok , then why risk it?
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

TonySa

I didn't mention maintenance injections just curious what they were?  Xiaflex, or other?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Bubba dawg

The OP mentioned maintenance injections. I was responding to his post
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.