Antidepressants - which of them don't have sexual side effects?

Previous topic - Next topic

Werther

Just out of curiosity... What are the best antidepressant drugs for people who're already suffering from (organic) erectile dysfunction and/or peyronie's?

It appears to me that there are some that don't have sexual side effects at all. Is this actually true?

If anybody can speak from personal experience and can name some of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Nitrometer2332

Been on  at least half a dozen or more over the past three or four years, and for me Cymbalta was by far the worst. Literally could go for an hour or more and not orgasm; sometimes I never would  and just give up. Switched to Welbutrin and totally different story, fixed the problem...  till this effing Peyronies Disease came along  😟
45, diag May 2018, 40 deg to right & 30 deg up with indentation & hinge effect, pentox & traction (restorex - painful af!), told by uro in Dec 2018 that xiaflex not an option, surgery?, don't know yet

Hawk

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Bubba dawg

5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Werther

@Nitrometer: are you still on wellbutrin now or something else? If so, have you been noticing any impact on your peyronie?

blackdiamond

Hi guys. There is a fairly new med which is known to NOT have sexual side effects.......
I was told about Trintellix by my Euro ( my shrink actually never heard of it )........
If you keep the dose low ( it comes in 5 - 10- and 20 mg ) you shouldn't have a problem.......
I take 10 mg per day and I will say that it has changed my life.......
The big drawback is that it is quite expensive......but you would expect that since they have something no one else does........
My insurance covers it but at the highest copay........Check it out......    TRINTELLIX.......
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

TonySa

Def work w your doc and tell them your concerns re sexual side effects.  Drugs have different effects w different people.  Overall, Wellbutrin has fewer sexual side effects.  Don't worry about other possible side effects like blood pressure...you and your doctor will monitor it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Nitrometer2332

@werther:  I am still on Welbutrin, yes. But as Peyronies has progressed in my case, I have reached the point where it's virtually impossible to achieve an erection anywhere near strong enough for sex (on top of the bend and curve effect), so the reduce sexual side effect benefits of Welbutrin are pretty much lost on me at this point.
45, diag May 2018, 40 deg to right & 30 deg up with indentation & hinge effect, pentox & traction (restorex - painful af!), told by uro in Dec 2018 that xiaflex not an option, surgery?, don't know yet