Advice on Ultrasound with induced erection

Previous topic - Next topic

jj21

I'm going in for an ultrasound with an induced erection at the end of the month. They're going to use Caverjet (alprostadil).

My uro advised there isn't much risk of further scar tissue forming from one injection however, I noted some people on this forum claim an induced erection was the cause of their condition. Did this happen from one injection or fro multiple injections?

Have people here had positive/negative experiences with an induced erection? If it was from an ultrasound did they benefit from the results?

JJ
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

tonyode

I did this and its honesty no big deal. They dont stick the needle in too deep for this. Simple little pin prick. I also had to have a shot in office before I left to get rid of the erection. I was terrified going in for this. But it turned out to be no big deal. I find it hard to believe this would be a cause for peyronie's from my experience. All that being said, I feel I have a very good doc who has been very thorough with everything I have experienced. Hopefully u have the same.
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

jj21

Thanks Tony, I appreciate it as I was a bit worried going in for the injection.

A few people here werwe stating the injections caused their peyronies however i'm assuming it may have been from multiple injections used for ED.

Did you find the ultrasound beneficial?

Thanks again,
JJ
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Pfract

Hey JJ. Make sure you compress the site of the injection for a couple of minutes. Also, i don't know if your doctor wants to achieve a good erection, or just something useful to do the exam. I had a very hard erection, that took 4 shots of phenylephrine to bring down. So a total of 5 injections in one session. :|

jj21

pfract wow that must have been intense.. How did you find it?

And were your ultrasound results beneficial ?

Thanks,
JJ

tonyode

JJ...based on what my doc told me, the ultrasound is used to determine if there is calcification within the plaque. I believe my doc also did measurements of plaque as well. All baseline data. But again, mainly to see if there is any calcification. Xiaflex does not work if the plaque becomes calcified. Btw... I only had one shot for erection and one to bring it down. Neither were painful at all.
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

jj21

TonySa

Ultrasound w erection can also assess erectile dysfunction.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.