Tomas1 - Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

I never felt the reservoir, I think that's pretty common.  Sounds like you're progressing well.  When do you start pumping?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

tomas1

I go to pumping school next Thu.
It'll be interesting to see when we're cleared for sex. Hope it's soon, but I doubt it.
85 years old.
Implanted 01/22/19 by Dr Avila.
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc reservoir
Diagnosed with Gleason  6 prostate cancer.
Monitoring it for now.

Alibaba

Sounds good. It is normal for sutures to start getting tight as things heal. Once they come out, each suture spot will be red for a couple days but that is about it. If they are self dissolving, sometimes they do not do as advertised. Self dissolving comes in many models, some as long as 3 month till they are supposed to dissolve. I always think it a good idea to put some triple antibiotic on after suture removal for the sole reason that pulling the suture through the skin can introduce bacteria below skin level.  Cheers man. You are an inspiration.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

tomas1

That sounds right about "self dissolving" sutures.
When I had a vasectomy, they didn't dissolve fast enough for me and rubbed me the wrong way when I played golf.
I used a nail clipper and pulled them out. I'd kinda like the doc to do it this time since it's a bit difficult to get down there.

On a side note, the pump I got seems tiny. I always thought the AMS pump was large?
It sits toward the rear of my sack. So far I haven't sat on it.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

TonySa

Sounds like a good placement as long as you are able to activate and deactivate the pump.  I concentrated on tugging my pump towards the bottom of the sack and now have more exposure to it than needed-which makes it seem larger (that and smaller testiicles due to T deficiency and supplementation).
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

tomas1

My pump is sitting down low, so I think it'll be easy to operate if that's possible.
I did give it a half-hearted pump once, but got scared that I wouldn't know how to deflate.
I haven't tried to find the deflate button and know I should wait for my training.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

2 weeks, things going pretty well today. Haven't used any pain meds last 2 days. I do have some tenderness and slight swelling just above my penis on the right side. I think that's where the reservoir tubing is routed, but I'm unsure.

I have my post-op this Thu in 2 days and have to learn how to cycle. I'd like to be doing that already, but I want to learn exactly how before doing it.

I did find an interesting paper on the AMS implant procedure:
https://www.bostonscientific.com/content/dam/Manuals/us/current-rev-en/92162622-01B_AMS700_ORM_en_s.pdf

Now I know how the snake bites originate.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

Went for the post-op today.
I guess things are going well but the doc didn't give me a chance to "solo" on inflation/deflation.
He did infate several pumps and it seemed to work, then he deflated it.

He made another appointment in 3 months.

He did say when I first start inflating to not inflate fully in case I can't find the deflate button.
I'll try to cycle it at least once a day.

Actually, I feel ready for action, but he suggested waiting another week.
I skipped one testosterone shot and Barb asked why.
I told her I didn't want to get any hornier lol.

I just attempted to inflate. I got it maybe 80% inflated but couldn't seem to get further.
I really wasn't able to completely squeeze the bulb.

Penis does look very nice, if I do say so lol.
I did a quick measurement and have my pre-op length.

I think I may have been an easy implant since I had no other conditions like scarring, Peyronies etc.
I think I could recommend this doctor. I went with a gut feel since I didn't know much about him.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

I pumped up yesterday and got maybe 75/80% hard.
Did it again today and same result.
Maybe the pump isn't broken in completely, but I did give it over 25 pumps today, but don't  believe I good a complete squeeze on the bulb.
I'll keep doing it each day and hope to get harder.
I could have sex with it as it is, but harder would probably be better.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

TonySa

Congrats on already having your pre op length.  Re:?pumping, for quite awhile i was partially deflating while inflating—be sure you have NO contact with the deflate button with the hand holding the tubes while pumping.  Also, I found the later pumps take a lot more strength than the first 12-20 pumps.  Keep trying!

Hawk

I have a Titan but when I want a maximum pump I use both hands by placing the thumb and index finger of the one hand on top of the thumb and index finger of the hand doing the pumping to squeeze out those last partial pumps.  Once you get it it will be as hard and any erection you had as a teenager.

You are doing great for this stage of recovery.  Keep it going.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

tomas1

I may be worrying too soon, but I pumped again today.
I put a heating pad under the pump and when I pumped, I was able to squeeze the bulb completely.
I pumped 25 times and still didn't get as hard as everyone claims to get.
I suppose it would work for sex, but really don't know.

I don't want to pump more than once daily since it might make the scrotum sore.
So far, pumping and deflating isn't difficult or painful.

I do have 4 days to experiment before my coming out party next Friday.
I plan a lunch and movie before the main event.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

What happens if you pump 30 times ???

tomas1

Hawk, I may have been accidentally squeezing the deflate button while inflating.
Yesterday, I used the heating pad and found the pump very hard and unsqueezable.
I heated again and finally got some squeezes in.
By now my scrotum was a bit tender so I quit after 10 pumps with the usual 75/80% erection.
I let it rest for a bit and returned and got in around 10 more pumps.
I'd estimate I got to 90% and my wife thinks she could handle that.

As far as length goes, I'm right at or slightly over my tri-mix length.

I feel my surgeon did everything perfectly since my reservior is undetectable, my pump is quite happy in the back of the scrotum and moves easily to the front for pumping. My cylinders seem to be perfectly sized and there is no sign of them being too short or too long. My incision has completely healed and I feel no whiskers. There are no signs of "snake eyes". My only complaint with my doctor is his lack of communication. I wish he would have given me a means to contact him instead of going through all the BS with the office. I haven't tried to contact him though. I would recommend Dr Avila with those caveats.

My penis is actually looking completely natural and is nice and round. My glans is completely acceptable with no sign of it not being suitable for sex. I'd post a picture, but don't feel comfortable doing that. Needless to say, my penis doesn't look 80 years old lol.

Right now my only complaint is with the AMS MS pump being too difficult to compress. I do still have all the hand strength I've ever had so that's not the problem.

Everything is really looking up except for frost delay at the golf course today preventing me from returning to the links.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

We decided to give it a test drive yesterday.
I'm glad I didn't make a big production of it because it was a snoozer.

I hate the MS pump so far and if it doesn't get better, I'll give up sex.
I get one complete pump right after the valve changes and after that,
Very little depressing if any.

My erection looks all right, but is no where hard or girthy enough.
Obviously it was a big disappointment.
I did start to feel the beginnings of a possible orgasm, but it was no Bueno.

Sorry about the lousy report, but if it improves, I'll let you know.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

I practice pumped today and it seemed a bit better.
My pump did loosen up some and I got in around 40 pumps, but not full ones.
The pump seems to be slightly softer.
I don't feel anything in the glans and I guess since it's not floppy or sore that's encouraging.

My wife got a little irritation and had a little blood today.
I'll give her a couple more days off and try again.
She had a similar problem after a previous layoff.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Bubba dawg

I don't know how invasive this surgery is, but it can take a long time to heal up from any kind of surgery. I would not get discouraged yet. Give it plenty of time to heal
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tomas1

I feel that my surgery went better than many.
I do not even notice any of the components.
I think that when I get my pump broken in and I get more proficient using it,
I will be fine. I can hardly wait.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Pfract

Tomas1: you have to make sure you are pressing as hard as you can on the pump and also that you cycle your device properly before everything heals up, otherwise you may have some issues.

You can always go to your doctor and ask him to double check the implant functionality and give you some pointers on in the pump works?  

tomas1

I can tell that my pump is getting broken in.

This morning I decided to surprise my wife when she got out of bed for a couple minutes and tried to pump.
At first it felt hard so I hit the deflate and tried again. Lo-and-behold, the pump allowed quite a bit of compression.
Most of the pumps were no where near full ones so I pumped about 50 times.

It really worked well and my wife really enjoyed it.
She had no discomfort and gave multiple pleasure sounds while I tried to climax.
She finally had enough and I reluctantly quit.

There was no round 2, but that wasn't my idea.
I did seem to lose a bit of stiffness afterward and hadn't done anything to cause that.
That would be no problem since I know additional pumping would remedy that.

I do notice a small swelling in a spot on the low right of my penis.
I had a dent there before the surgery but will keep watch on it.

Happy to give a good report, but It's still one day before doc wanted me to start.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Bubba dawg

Man you getting greedy Thomas. Most women dont like marathon sex. Most dont have orgasms during penetration. You made her bleed one time. Maybe you are expecting too much? She seems to be a nice woman letting you still have sex with her. Many women stop having sex during and after menapause. My wife is not nearly as horny as she used to be before menopause.  She lost a lot of energy. Lucky to get it one time per week. You are shooting for marathon sex lol

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tomas1

Bubba, my wife doesn't realize she's getting old.
I don't feel 80 and she doesn't feel 78.
She never slowed down after menopause.

She will do it every 2 days, but prefers every 3 days.

I guess her sore spot healed up quickly.

We've had doubles several times using tri-mix but not very often.

I used a dab of canola oil to lube but might try some water soluble stuff when we get to the store.
I've heard that anything you can eat is ok for lubrication.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Old Man

Tom:

I think it would be better for you to use any good brand of water soluble personal lubricant. I use the Walmart Equate brand of water soluble lubricant. It only costs around $2.00 plus tax or so here in AL. It washes up nicely with warm water, or you can use a mild hand soap too, whatever you guys choice would be .

I bet you guys never did two sessions in one bedding many times before the implant, huh? 8) 8) 8)

Best to you, Old Man Bill

PS: I sometimes use a warming gel before penetrating. It gives a more sensitive feeling, especially when reaching a climax and ejaculation.
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

tomas1

Yeah we did with tri-mix.
This is only the second time with implant and still betting the "hang" of it.
I just did buy WalMart store brand of personal lube.
The canola worked fine, but my wife didn't like its smell.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Bubba dawg

My wife had to get estrogen creme. Lack of estrogen causes the uterus to deteriorate  

tomas1

I'd like my wife to see a "female" doc.
She doesn't mind if it's a male though.
I'll check if my uro office offers one?
I have seen women patients there even young ones.
She realizes she has also changed in there.
Too bad it only shows on us guys.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Bubba dawg

Really a shame that most of my testosterone is covered by insurance. She uses the same insurance company and has to pay a lot more for the creme. Tge creme does last a long time. Yea a regular doctor or a gynecologist could prescribe it for her

tomas1

They were talking about well woman exams on TV today.
I knew Medicare doesn't cover it for Barb.
She said "just til a certain age".
You'd think with increasing longevity things would change, but they just try to cover less and less and make us pay more.
Even our supplement is over $500 now per month.
I'd complain more if I couldn't afford it.
End of rant.

Today, I pumped up again and it went easier; not extremely easier, but OK.
I'm going to try to hold off sex til Friday to let things settle for both of us.
We'll see how that works. we have little self control.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

So much for self control. Today wasn't going well due to tax problems.
I decided to pump up at around 11:30am.
I was able to use the pump without heat but didn't get full pumps again.
Once it was up, I asked my wife if we could put it in.

Wasn't exactly impromptu but we have to take what we can get.
Anyway, the sex was pretty good and I had my first orgasm in maybe 4 months.
I told my wife it was probably powder, but stuff did come out.

I had pumped more than ever and could feel slight pain in the glans.
I don't like that, but it wasn't bad.
I won't pump that much in the future.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

Not much new to report. My wife seems fine with trying the new toy every other day.
This morning was OK, but I couldn't finish the job. She was a good sport and we went longer than usual.
Also, we didn't need to lube and that was better. At least we are showing a lot of love for each other even when not having sex and that is actually great.

Being old and fit isn't too bad.
I still don't like the almost always hard situation with the CX, but I will get used to it.
My wife gets a kick out of my obsession with the damn thing lol.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Stabler

Hi Tomas1,

I have been following this thread to see how things were going after surgery. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject I have no experience in this area  ;D

If I am reading the thread correctly you are only about 1 month from surgery day. I am wondering are you expecting more than you should at this point? I mean this is a surgery in the most sensitive area, does this take time to heal that has not come to pass yet? You have only been trying for a little over a week if I am reading correctly. Again, I am asking because I don't know....

I think it is impressive that you are having sex this soon after surgery and it sounds like you and your wife are having fun learning at least and that is always a good thing.

I appreciate your posting so I can learn on this subject.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

tomas1

I realize it's early in the experience. I actually feel great except for a pain or discomfort here and there.
I don't plan to cycle every day now to see if the small pains go away.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

TonySa

Sounds like it's going really well.  The hardness when flaccid doedecrease w tine.  There's still inflammation during the healing period and the material softens w time as well.  The pain upon pumping is a good thing as you are stretching the tissues and will allow you to regain maximum size.  Does your doc recommend pumping once or twice s day to Max, and if so holding for how long?

tomas1

My doc is a very bad communicator. I got NO instructions on cycling.
From what I read, Eid and Kramer are very good at that and I think it adds to their popularity.
Just from my experience, I think my doc is very competent. Maybe he gets all the business he wants from word of mouth.

We tried again this morning and my wife doesn't mind the every 2 day regimen at all.
I had no discomfort but finishing is still hard to come by.

Good to know that flaccid will improve. The damn thing really gets in the way and demands attention.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

TonySa

Here's one doc's pumping protocol put out in the 2018 AMS patient video.

tomas1

I quite possibly haven't pumped to the maximum amount possible, but so far, I can't feel anything in my penis when inflating.
That's not to say it's numb; just feel nothing. I'd like to actually feel that the implant is trying to increase my girth. I don't want to feel it trying to push against the glans though.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

I decided to cycle while in bed this morning. One thing led to another and we ended up doing it again.
I didn't get any complaints, but won't cycle in bed unless I mean business. I'm lucky to have a wife who is very loving to me and I don't want to overdo things.

The pump is getting more user friendly and that's a good thing.
I still don't believe I'm getting as much girth as 18mm would give.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Pfract

Hey TonySa! Thank you for sharing those tips from Ams! Never seen them before and I was impressed to see the ved mentioned for the first time with the implant cycling!  

TonySa

It's only one of two places that mentions VED post implant.  There is one medical article of a doc that uses it (was mentioned somewhere on FT)

Alibaba

With either brand implant, I found if it was hard to pump that deflating it again all I could get out, then resume to start to pump reset things so it was much easier to pump. Cheers everybody.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

tomas1

Yeah, I always have to hit the deflate again before inflating. My wife asked if I have to cycle every day forever and I said no.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

My MS pump finally seems to be more pliable now. It still requires a lot of hand strength but that's not a problem for me.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

I think one of the most surprising things about getting an implant is the force needed to pump.  Those pumps are not delicate in the least.  I am in shape and have a stronger than average grip and was surprised.  I am sure my wife could not pump it.  I asked her what we would do if I had a hand injury or lost my grip and she said we could call the neighbor to come over.  Presumably, that would be to pump me up and not take my place  :)

Pfract

I had a good laugh at that hawk! Haha

tomas1

Me too; I think I'd use pliers with something to soften the jaws.
Luckily, it's getting easier and soon may not take as many pumps.

Today was a good news/bad news day.
We had sex this am and I finally reached orgasm for just the second time post-op.
My wife gets uncomfortable at under 10 minutes and it took 14. I just see the clock next to the bed and don't constantly time things.
It's a shame orgasms came so fast when we were young since sex would have been great if it took longer. That's how it is and I think it'll get better.

Now the bad news: I was at my son's house to help a little with his 76 Blazer reclamation project. I picked up a truck fender and felt my incision where the reservoir goes through some sort of membrane pull. It really hurt like a hot poker and I guess I shouldn't have done that. I can't ever give in to being old and someday, it will hit me and I probably won't take it well. I re-shingled my 20k sq foot roof last year and that was a lot of hard work. At least I didn't fall off the roof like I did 10 years ago helping my golf partner do his.

At least he gave me some help and guidance doing my roof. 3 1/2" of rain last week and no leaks.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

Hawk

Thomas, When I was in Dr. Eid's office before my surgery he introduced me to an 81-year-old guy that has had his implant for almost 2 years.  Like you, he was in unbelievable shape.  He told me his wife had a procedure called  Monolisa Touch which seems to be a relatively painless procedure that causes the vaginal tissue, lubrication, and more to regenerate.  He said they were like high-school kids and they used his implant over 300 times the first year.

tomas1

Hawk,
I recall you mentioning that in your journal.
We'll see if I get less horny or she gets more horny.
Every 2 or 3 days is probably more reasonable for us nowadays.

I was just talking to a friend I've known for 54 years, but haven't seen for 40.
He was using me for a Guinea pig since we are near the same age.
He was pretty much convinced to get the surgery, but his wife showed some reservations, She has diabetes and that may make a difference. I tried to give him some "older brother" advice and did say listen to her signals  She may just be trying to spare him the operation, but we'll see. I won't push him since I would really be disappointed if I went through this for no reason.

My damned side still hurts, but too badly. It better not affect my golf game tomorrow.
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

tomas1

I guess things are progressing well with my recovery so far.
A thing I don't like is if I pump up to where I want it, I get a pain in the glans from the tip(s).

I wonder if guys who aggressively try to increase length have the same discomfort?
Maybe it's something that takes some getting used to?

My pain from the hernia like pain is gone and I'll try not to lift anything heavier than my golf bag for awhile.

One thing of concern to me is when flaccid, I have a hard bump on the low side of my penis.
It's right where I had a dent probably from injections?
When pumped up, it's gone so maybe it's kink in the cylinder, but I doubt that.

My golf game totally sucks since surgery and a 3+ week layoff. I guess that also takes time to recover?
85 years old.
Monitoring it for now.

TonySa

I understand if you have discomfort in the glans when fully pumped it's a good sign you're maximally sized and decreases as the penis stretches a bit over time.

Hawk

I would generally agree with that statement.