News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

mojodukz

HI I'm 60 year old recently diagnosed with Peyronies after increasing difficulty and discomfort having intercourse with my wife over the last year. As a newcomer to the board I'm particularly interested in exploring non-invasive self-help treatments and will be reading through for recommendations on VED and traction devices. Also prepared to give the sonic wave treatment a go, basically anything short of surgery!
  Thanks for adding me. I'm sure I'll find the forum helpful and informative.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Bubba dawg

Yep you are around the age when this hits many of us. Please do not become an internet doctor. Best thing to do is find a peyronies urologist. Get diagnosed and go from there if you haven't already that is. This is a disease. You have to over come your fears to get it treated. Not look for an easy way out. Welcome to the forum!
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum Mojodukz.   The first thing I would recommend is to study this document. Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums

Another important move that will help you get answers more efficiently is to edit your signature line that appears right under your posts.

It is normal and even wise to want noninvasive treatment and hopefully it helps but what you really want is a functional penis.  After 15 years of trench warfare that contributed to a decline in my size, and intimacy, and an increase in effort and expense I got an implant.  Now! I feel like a fool for not doing so 15 years ago.  It makes the whole ED / Peyronies Disease thing over and done with in one out patient surgery and a month of healing.  Finally my life does not revolve around thinking about Peyronies Disease and Ed.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

betterbend

Hawk,  this is off topic, but how does the implant work?  is it semi hard?  do you have to do anything special before sex, or is it kind of just back to normal, do you know you have it all the time, like at work you can feel it?  I am not even close to that, but I am curious, especially if this freakin thing ever progresses on me...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Hawk

Betterbend,

For a real sense of what it is like to have an implant, I would highly recommend you go to the Penile Implant board in our Erectile Dysfunction forum below.  You will find my in-depth journal along with the journal of others including one member who is starting a journal with his implant yesterday.

In brief:
Without fail.  Everyone I know that has an implant wish they had done it long ago.
I am not aware of it at all except when nude I am not used to seeing my bigger flaccid (deflated hang)
I would say it is NOT semi-hard but it never shrivels up and retracts (like if in cold water) so it might look like a bit of what I would call a chub, on the full side, but I can tuck it or literally bend it double
From total deflated to total erection takes about 20 pumps or 1 -2 seconds per pump.  If I pre-pump 7 or 8 pumps (still concealable ) I can cut that time in half.  (some wives of men don't know they have an implant)
Nothing is removed from the penis, skin, nerves, tunica, are all untouched.  My scar is NON-existant even with a magnifying glass
The sensation is 100% unchanged
I have a non-visible;e pump the size of a 3rd testicle in my scrotum that can be felt if someone manipulates my scrotum.
I should have done this 15 years ago.  All the other farting around I did with Peyronies Disease and Erectile Dysfunction I consider waste.  It made me constantly aware of my problem.  With an implant, you are free of that.

PS: I might split your post and my answer off as a new topic and then move it to the Implant board.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

betterbend

Thanks for sharing that.  I am not there with my condition, but I worry if it at some point things take a turn for the worse that there is an answer out there...  
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex