Calcification

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba dawg

I have some Calvification. Maybe that is why some injections felt like a Hornet stung me. Maybe that is why I couldn't reach perfection. Doctor did not mention calcium inhibiting Xiaflex effectiveness. I did not know to ask that question. Well does it? Do we know for sure?
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tonyode

When I went in for my evaluation, as I have mentioned, my first appt. was with the doctor. He checked me over obviously. He then schedule an ultrasound pictures and measurements of the degree of my curve. I asked why he does this and it was to check for calcification of the plaque. He said Xiaflex does not work well once the calcification sets in. Its obviously difficult to penetrate with the needle and the medication does not work as well/disperse within the plaque once it is calcified. He told me if there is a lot of calcification, that basically the only option would one of the surgeries at that point.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Bubba dawg

Thanks for the info Tony. Probably why some of the injections were really painful. Also why the doctor cranked away at my penis the way he did. Giving me a hematoma one time. I must not have too much or he would have said surgery and it wouldnt be as straight as it is. Calcium is still holding me back from where I want to be. Really sucks.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Bubba dawg

Long as I can have sex , i won't have surgery. I have had 2 surgeries and one vasectomy and that was enough for me. No surgery is minor for some folks

tonyode

I agree. I mean my doctor let me make the decision after all the evaluation and ultra sound. He offered Xiaflex or surgery. He said surgery had 95% success rate. But he said most men choose to start with Xiaflex ...obviously much less invasive. Hope I don't need to go that route if Xiaflex doesn't work. We'll see
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Bubba dawg

I did not wait long after the attack started to go to the doctor. Gp knew exactly what it was after he felt around. I had painful erections for months, which I had know idea why. Penis looked normal at that time
.Then one day the attack happened . I didnt wait long before going to a doctor. Not sure why it calcified so quickly. I didnt have any kind of penis trauma prior either. Must just wore it out lol Yea you have a good doctor. Start with this and see what happens. This will keep it from getting worse. Maybe even be back to normal or close to it

kingprof

My doctor also told me that if the plaque is calcified it doesn't respond to Xiaflex and that surgery would be the only option. Again, seems like there is considerable variance in what opinion doctors have about this stuff.  I asked him why some people have calcification and others do not. He said that is not currently known, but his own suspicion has to do with the baculum, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baculum. I didn't know this but humans are one of the few primates that don't have a bone in their penis. Many other animals also have a baculum, or penile bone. He suspects that we may still have some silent genes for the expression of a bone in the penis and maybe that can lead to some degree of expression of this calcification process in some individuals in cases of trauma. He wholly admitted this was just his conjecture, but I thought it was interesting hypothesis.
58 yrs old, 45 degree bend to the left, noticed Peyronie's first in April, 2018. Three rounds of Xiaflex.