Vitamins/Supplements??

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyode

So prior to finding this board, after some intense pain in July, I then realized things were getting serious. So did internet reading and most were saying take Vitamin E and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. I have been taking since July. No idea if it has helped or not. Certainly no improvement. Anyway, after finding this, some say these are of no help?
Scheduled for first Xiaflex today. But wondering if I should continue to take these or are there other proven vitamins/suppliments I should be looking at? No prescription from Doctor yet.
Thoughts?
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

diehardpatriot

Do you still have pain???? If you do please I would stay away from xiaflex
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

Bubba dawg

How did it go Tony? I tried acetyl l carotene.  Very hard for me to get an erection! Like my mind was racing and not connecting with my dick. Quit taking it and things are back to normal. These things effect people in different ways. Had high Hope's that would finish the job xiaflex started.  Very disappointing . Hope thing went well for you today
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tonyode

Diehard...no, I haven't really had any pain since last July/August. I feel as does the doctor that I am through the acute phase. I had my first injection yesterday. It went better than expected. Certainly not fun. Today I am hurting a bit.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

TonySa

Sounds like s good plan, I would highly recommend adding traction as combined w xiaflex produces better results than either alone (current thinking of many experienced physicians).  Adding supplements may help.  Google multimodal here for info on adding additional supplements: here's one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5530853/
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

tonyode

Thanks Tony! Very good read. I wonder if anyone on this board has used all of the supplements that were in the article?  

TonySa

I did, plus some in another multimodal study in Europe.  I believe adding such antioxidants + xiaflex + traction really increases the chances of improvement.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

tonyode

Mind if I ask all the supplements you took? One brand name better than others? Thanks!

TonySa

Here's another study: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/pentoxifylline-associated-with-other-antioxidants-multimodal-therapy-on-patients-with-peyronies-disease-results-of-a-controlled-study-2167-0250.1000123.pdf

This is the study of which I used all the supplements:  
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5530853/

I buy all my supplements and vitamins from Life Extension Foundation Org as all their products are pharmaceutical grade.

tonyode

Tony....an recommendations for traction device? I see them on eBay for as cheap as 20 bucks and some that get very expensive. I've decided to get after this disease with everything I can....xiaflex, supplements and traction.  

TonySa

For inexpensive and longwear time I recommend the ESL40. Also, for long wear time the penimaster pro is highly regarded but somewhat expensive. The new kid on the block is restorex which unlike the other two can only be worn at home, one early study shows it's less wear time effective perhaps because of increased strength and ability to bend against any angle—however the most expensive.

Bubba dawg

Seems to me that the problem with traction devices and Xiaflex is erections are not desirable when undergoing Xiaflex treatment. I was extremely horny when using Xiaflex. Messing around when my hard penis would have surely produced an orgasm. I was trying not to think about sex while doing the exercises so it was soft. You have to get an erection to put it in traction--right? Traction would have helped a lot. If you could control an orgasm after so long without sex or masturbating
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

TonySa

No, you do not need, nor should have, an erection for traction.  Erections are not harmful while going through xiaflex treatment.  Do both for maximum effects.