News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Greetings

Previous topic - Next topic

Onceuponaperfectpenis

Hello, lets get into it.

Around late August I saw that my penis randomly was curving to the right at a sharp angle and was much smaller than was before (for context I was 8 inches long and around 6 inches for girth I believe). I thought to just let it be and see if it improves. Fast forward a month and it's the same as before. I look it up and found out that it was most likely peyronies disease, so I decided to get to a urologist asap, but I needed to get referrals from a General Practitioner first that extended the time by a month. During that time there was one day where I masturbated and when I finished I felt a sharp pain on the right side of my penis that lasted for about 24 hours. The next day the pain was still there so I masturbated and it went away. A few days later I found that my curve to the right had went away and that my penis was now straight, albeit now curving upward at an angle, and it also seemed to be getting bigger as well. I finally saw a urologist who then referred me to another urologist, one who is known in the area for peyronies disease. I finally see him and get the diagnosis. As of now he wants to wait and see what happens and then possibly do injections, I believe xiaflex, and said any use of devices to stretch the penis only makes it worse. After reading this forum I honestly don't know what to help this. I'm going to see another urologist and see what he says to me asking about such things as traction and medications that others are recommending. Any help will mean a lot.

Specifics of penis right now:
 Penis is curving upward at about 30 degree angle
 Lost about an inch to inch 1/2 of length, girth I don't know how much lost but smaller
 Hourglass indents at the base of penis
 No pain when getting erections; however, when flaccid I feel slight pain near the top of my penis, where the plaque is as told by my doctor, and on the sides sometimes as well.

jj21

A lot of people here have found success in traction, VED etc however, I believe they all waited.... As your condition is only 3 months old so far - it may be best to wait for the condition to become stable before trying any treatment. Your penis could be healing and further stretching could exacerbate the condition This may be what your urologist is concerned about... I would abstain from sexual activity (including masturbating) if I were you and perhaps invest in some supplements (B vitamins, COq10 etc)...

Have you had ED?

Do some reserach on the xiaflex injections - I do remember reading that in some cases it can make things worse and there are some risks to be aware of. Unfortunately some urologists arent too knowledgeable about this disease. Have a look on the forums here there may be some stories from other members who have tried this treatment.

If your condition improved slightly after a month, it may continue to do so and you could be one of the 10-20% who miraculously recover without treatment.

Good luck and keep us updated!
JJ
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Onceuponaperfectpenis

I've never had ED to my knowledge. There's been times where I can only maintain an erection through stimulation, but that was never sever enough to really hinder anything and taking a few days off of masturbating helped that.
I have stopped from masturbating as recommended by others on the forum. I've read a lot on the form about xiaflex and how it does work but it does get rid of length, then people used traction to fix that. I'm just wondering if that's really the case and how often does it not work. I also watched a helpful video on YouTube that explained peyronie's that talked about xiaflex and showed the injection and the aftermath, and oh my God that's terrifying.  Thank you though, I will look into the supplements and hold off on any treatment!

Bubba dawg

I did not experience loss of length during to xiaflex. This is a disease. You cant expect the remedy to be pain and problem free. Most of the problems with xiaflex are temporary.  Most, not all. I have not experienced any permanent side effects so far. Still a bit kinked below the head. Erection strong. Girth back to normal. I had injection pain. Stinging over night. Sometimes swelling and bruising. All temporary problems. But compared to a life time of no sex it is worth it. Although I wondered if it was sometimes during and after the worst injections.
All you can do is follow doctors instructions.
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.