Dr. Ty Higuchi in Denver. Reviews?

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrewski

Hi,

Anybody have any experience with Dr. Ty Higuchi, in Denver?  Considering him for an implant.

Thanks.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Pfract

Hello there.

I actually never heard of the doctor. Please give this link right here: " IPP Tech info compilation - Peyronies Society Forums " a visit. It contains several links already compiled from his board that you should definitely give a look at.

Have you considered Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid?  

Hawk

I never heard of him either.  Great high volume surgeon are not required to introduce themselves to me but being on the boards for 15 years means that it is unusual for me not to at least heard of a doctor or even find him on a forum search.

If you read the Board Highlights above you read a good section on considerations when choosing a surgeon.  Please be aware that the best surgeon can and does on occasion (less than 1%) have patients that get an infection.  A mediocre surgeon turns out some decent implant surgeries, but you are playing odd.  The odds are far better with a high volume surgeon that has a great reputation.

There are some things that can only go wrong with a mediocre surgeon and never with a high volume surgeon.  One is undersized.  High volume surgeons do not undersize patients.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Andrewski

Hmm... Dr. Higuchi is one of the three highest-volume implanters in Colorado.  Not on the level of Dr. Eid certainly; he does about 40 per year.  That's one of the reasons I am looking at him.  Still, if no one here has heard of him...

I'm looking at possibly staying in Colorado to do it due to insurance reasons.  I wish I could just drop over $20K to pay for Dr. Eid myself, but...

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

Hawk

Call Dr. Eid and Kramer's office to ask about your insurance.  I did not at first think mine would pay out of state but they assured me it would and it did.  

I am not saying you cannot get good results with a lower volume doctor.  The final product might be as good but there is more chance it won't be.  Dr. Eid is an experienced perfectionist and is incredibly accessible to patients for follow-up questions.  He does about 40 per month and keeps all sizes on hand so you seldom get an RTE.  You will never get 2 RTE's.  

Pfract

Have you looked at financing your implant? There's that possibility with Dr eid. Check his website.  

Hawk

I have to admit that as much as I am sold on Dr. Eid, if I had to pay $25,000.00 or have my insurance pay for some other surgeon that does 100 or more a year, I think I would research another high volume surgeon that my insurance covered.

Andrewski

Thanks guys.  The highest-volume guys in Colorado do 40 a year.  I have gotten pretty firm indications that my insurance will not pay out of state.  I am considering going to Eid and paying out of pocket.  It will eat all my savings, but just the accessibility to the doctor post-surgery is rather compelling to me.  I have been very frustrated in the past with feeling more or less abandoned after surgeries.  Emails and voicemails not returned, etc.  
relationship status, etc

Hawk

That is a big decision Andrew but I can assure you that you are not likely to find a doctor in your life-time more accessible than Dr. Eid.  You would also have the absolute knowledge that while there might be a surgeon out there that could have matched him if they were having a good day, there certainly is not one better anywhere on the planet.  He does ten times the implants of the doctor you mentioned.  His infection rate is at 1/2 of 1 percent.

You should call Dr. Eid's office.  All of his staff are very helpful and courteous.   Mention your insurance situation just in case they have some idea.

You don't mention your age, degree of Erectile Dysfunction, or anything about deformity.  It would help a lot if you would fill out your signature line that appears right under your posts.

Pfract

Hey Andrewski! i am in the same boat as you, saving to pay out of pocket for the implant. I have seen plenty of people on another board, save on either time of travel, money or some other random thing and go to a local surgeon or somebody less reputable or not as caring, having their surgeries botched or with sub optimal results and then having to go for a revision. Again, please take a look at Dr. Eid's website, at the financing part, because you could use some of the money you have shelled aside and use the credit card (of the financing option) to finance the rest and make it easier on you!

You can also check Dr. Kramer, since he is very reputable too if he is closer to you.