News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Hello

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadoff

I'm a new member.  I'm 49 and my onset was February, 2017.  It showed up one evening without any leadup.  I did have a few painful/uncomfortable ejaculations during the months leading up to the onset.  I also had some discomfort in the lower left groin/abdominal/colon area for a while.  I was into weightlifting for many years and lifted pretty heavy.  I thought I may have had a hernia - perhaps an inguinal hernia based on nothing "popping out" and the location of the pain.  An NP examined me and said he didn't see/feel an inguinal hernia and thought is might be a lower lumbar vertebrae/nerve issue since that nerve runs around the hip and through the canal that the testes drop through as a baby.  The peyronies type onset happened afterwards.  It seems like an odd coincidence that I'd have these experiences so close together.  My current symptoms are denting 1/3 up the shaft with a very slight bend.  The dents shrink the overall length a bit and girth in the lower 1/3 of shaft.  I stopped weight training entirely after the onset and just started back up again last week - very gently of course.  I haven't had the painful ejaculations but may have had very slight discomfort a few times.  I went to the skeptical nutritionist website and downloaded their natural remedies.  I tried all of the supplements for perhaps one month each.  Not much of a difference.  I purchased all the supplies for Thacker's formula but have procrastinated because its so labor intensive.  I went to a urologist that didn't seem to know or care much and suggested a vacuum pump.  I'm considering a medical grade pump and Thacker's.  Also considering sound wave treatment.  perhaps the p shot as a final alternative.  
Age 49.  Onset Feb. 2017.  Denting 1/3 up shaft, very minor bend.  Experienced an odd discomfort during ejaculation a few times during the months prior to onset.

Stabler

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It sounds like you have done some research but do not yet have a urologist that specializes in Peyronies. That is the first thing you need to do, it is the most important in my opinion. We have a list here in the forum you should check it out to see if there is one located close to you.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,4063.0.html

Also look through the Survivors guide it has alot of great information for before you go to a urologist. It also has a list of the most use/beneficial meds and supplements for Peyronies used by the members here in the forum.

Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums

We have alot of information here that will be offered by men that live with Peyronies every day so ask questions and let them help you as much as they can.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum Leadoff.  I hope you find the information and support you are looking for.

I was around back almost to the day the Thacker formula was introduced and my advice is to forget it.  There has long been a question of whether a Doctor Thacker ever even existed.  If I were in your situation I would focus on the advice in the survival guide and consider traction and the Agusta VED.  Traction is also labor intensive but there is evidence it does work for dents and hourglass deformity.

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums