Probable Peyronie's, ED and depression to boot. Any advice.

Previous topic - Next topic

Atomic EnerG

Hey there. 20something living in Canada. Noticed a hard lump that got progressively worse. Which worsened my erection quality and resulted in a bend to the left. Not sure the exact angle. But It has to be greater than 15 degrees. Shortening and decreased girth when erect.

Going to see a urologist in January. Not sure how to proceed. The treatments I have heard have the best research are xiaflex and verapamil. My understanding is if that doesn't work then it would lead to surgical intervention. I really don't want plication because shortening sounds crappy .

Anyway very depressed. Trying not to be. But it feels like I'm staring down the barrel of not being able to ever have a satisfying romantic relationship again. So thats soul crushing lol.

Anyway has anyone gone through this process in Canada. Or Ontario for that matter. Does anyone have any other advice or great threads or reading I can do. I've read many articles already. But I'll look at anything.

Thanks very much. Cheers.

Date of onset. Summer 2017. Worsened significantly past few months.
Single but would like to mingle.
Original length 6" now 5.7" with angle.
Pain remains intermittently, feels constricted.
Seeing a uro in January.
Will post results of treatment.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum Atomic,

It is difficult to recommend when the forum is full of information and links and there is no way to know what you have covered.  There is some interesting info in our resource library.  The resource library is in the first group of special boards below.

I want to assure you that it is very unlikely that you will be denied a satisfying romantic relationship due to anything this will do to your penis.  You are totally in charge of what it does to your attitude and to your mind.  Even with a severe curve and total ED you can have an implant that will essentially roll back the clock.  If your progression stops where it is you need nothing since a 15% curve would not even be memorable to most partners and it sounds like you can get erections.

Here is the minimum you need to know to get started.  There are some good links for information to take with you to your appointment. Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums

Best wishes.
Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Atomic EnerG

Thank you. Your response has many good points. Hearing about the implant is actually the most encouraging of what you just said. So that actually was immensely helpful. As of now though I do have great difficulty with erection and have an angle that I presume is greater than 15 degrees. But cannot be exactly sure as I haven't bothered to look up how to measure that.

But overall. I actually really appreciate that post. So thank you Hawk!  
Seeing a uro in January.

Hawk

Atomic,

Discribe your bend.  Is it near the base or the glans.  Do you have dents or hour glass deformity?

You can find protractors on line to print to measure an erection, assuming you can produce an erection good enough to measure.  Also try this. Instructions for Measuring Curvature - Peyronies Society Forums

Some of your erectile dysfunction could very well be stress related.  Stress is an adrenaline producer and adrenalin physically kills an erection.

If I understand your situation, you are no where near thinking about an implant.  I just want you to know that if you have a top notch high volume surgeon it is incredible.  A few minor drawbacks, a few advantages, but all in all I am as happy as with my unstopable penis I had in my teens and twenties.

I encourage you to fill out the signature line that appears at the bottom of your posts.  It will help you a lot at getting information.

Atomic EnerG

Ah I see that now. I will add more info to my banner. The spot Is upper mid left lateral and is a dent. Pulls my penis to the left when erect.

Perhaps you may be right I certainly have had psychological ED in the past. But this feels considerably different simply going by feeling.

I may give the protractor a go. Just to get an idea.  
Seeing a uro in January.

Hawk

There are few things more critical and basic as exact, objective, measurements in length, girth, and angle.  Without these there is just no way to determine if you are improving, getting worse, or stable.  There is no way to even guess if any given treatment or life-style change is helping.

Take girth measurements at 3 places.  You must write this info down.  There is no room for error, estimating, or guessing.

Atomic EnerG

Wow. Hawk been reading through your posts here and I'm frankly stunned. For starting off terrified I am feeling a lot better. I am truly thankful for this site and Thank you very much for your assistance. I'll get on it.
Seeing a uro in January.

Hawk

Don't forget your signature line under your posts.  It will help immensely.  If you need help with it or any other navigation issues just ask.

We are here for you and you will be fine.