Could my ED be psychological?

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandelay

I didn`t have any effect when I tried Caverject and I don`t have nocturnal erections and I always assumed that my ED was  physiological, but the strangest thing happened to me when I for the first time in my life dicided to visit a "Bizarrlady" when in Germany recently. I would perform oral sex and anilingus on her, but I knew that I would not receive oral sex or have intercourse so there was no pressure to get hard or to get an erection at all. I didn`t take any medication at all, but got an erection early on in our session and kept it for the ca 45 minutes it lasted. I assumed that it was a soft erection, but afterwars when I talked to the girl and told her about my problems she told me that she was surprised and that I was really hard. Could my ED really be all in my head?

Hawk

Quote from: Vandelay on December 01, 2018, 02:25:48 PM
I knew that I would not receive oral sex or have intercourse so there was no pressure to get hard or to get an erection at all.  ...Afterward when I talked to the girl and told her about my problems she told me that she was surprised and that I was really hard. Could my erectile dysfunction really be all in my head?

She saw or handled your erection??

Could it be psychological?  Answer - Yes it could be.  Unless you have some explanation on what was corrected physically during that session.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Vandelay

Hawk

Maybe you are rushing into intercourse.  If you have a willing partner just have a few sessions in which the rule is no intercourse.  Just explore, enjoy, relax, enjoy closeness and intimacy.  No intercourse or orgasm for you.  I am guessing a few such sessions and you will be at full erection and very ready for intercourse based on what you said.

PS:  I am not sure why this is posted in the "Injections" board.  I will move it to General Discussion on the ED forum.

Vandelay

"PS:  I am not sure why this is posted in the "Injections" board."

Because Caverject is supposed to work for psychological ED, right? I`m a bit confused. That`s why.

TonySa

You stumbled on the treatment for psychologically based ED-remove the expectation for erection.  Pleasure each other without the expectation that it always requires you to be hard, to have intercourse, or to come for example.  Now, I do believe one maintains nocturnal erections when ED is psychological, so you may have some combination.  I'd consider low dose nightly PDE5 inhibitors to bring back your nocturnal erections which maintain the health of the penis.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Interestingly enough men often maintain NTE even when it is physical.  It used to be thought that NTE without Daytime erections meant psychological but they have since found there are different nerve pathways involved.  One of the most frustrating things after prostatectomy was waking you with an erection that would evaporate before I could use it.

Vandelay

"Now, I do believe one maintains nocturnal erections when erectile dysfunction is psychological, so you may have some combination."

I`m not arguing one way or another, but one`s subconscious is just as much at work during sleep if not more.

NeoV

The degree to which ED can be psychological is pretty shocking.. If you think you have ED, and you try to get an erection to "check," it can be impossible. I remember when I was 20 or so I was so stressed I could NOT induce an erection. I could also not get them in front of girls that were really attractive.

Now days I don't have it whatsoever. There is certainly a cross over, a huge one!

Bubba dawg

I agree with everybody. Stress, anxiety and a racing mind can effect your ability to have an erection. You can have a disconnect between your mind and penis. I am really horny , but for some reason my penis hasn't got the message . This happens to women too. Medication, diet can effect your mental state when it comes to erection. Sometimes when my heart is beating fast from excitement, it effects my erection . My heart is beating fast and my mind is racing. Then I become worried about getting it up. Like a domino effect. Sometimes I worry about not being able to get it in because of the kink. Helps to have an understanding woman that helps you relax. Mine is sometimes not helpful at all. Other times she is understanding. 99% of the time I have no problems. She doesn't seem to remember those times.
Peyrones can cause a lot of doubt. Doubt can cause stress and anxiety which can lead to no erection or a softer erection. Many of us are trying different methods to improve peyrones. These methods can cause erection problems. Not everyone is effected the same way. We are taking pills to improve our circulation. Get more blood to the penis. These pills also effect the mind. Can speed up your thoughts. Can also speed up your heart rate. Leading to a brain  disconnect from your penis.
Many don't know that you have a lot of nerves between your anus and testicles. This is called the Perennial area. Sends signals to your brain like when you need to urinate etc I believe this area can effect your erections. Signals disrupted by medications or damage. There are forums about this subject. People who have damaged their Perennial area.
Getting a boner can be a lot more complicated than we think. Really important to be relaxed and focused
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

johnherron

NO its not all about psychological !

Erectile issues can also happen bacause of stress can be job-related, money-related, or the result of marital problems, among other factors

Once a man experiences ED, he may become worried about the issues . This can lead to "performance anxiety," or a fear of sexual failure, that  lead to ED
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

Quote from: johnherron on February 19, 2019, 01:20:17 AM

Erectile issues can also happen bacause of stress can be job-related, money-related, or the result of marital problems, among other factors

All the items you listed are psycological in nature. The OP is simply asking can his ED by psycoloigacally induced and the answer is yes.....  for all of us these can be factors.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Vandelay

Ive tried having sex with several girls the last few days and its the same as before. I get an erection but its not hard enough. Tadalafil doesnt make any difference one way or the other. I dont know if its psychological or not. My urologist didnt know how to do a Doppler test. He asked if Im sure that I prefer girls. Yes, Im 100% sure.  

TonySa

Van, you may want to try the other PDE5i if tadalafil wasn't helpful.

Vandelay

Ive tried Sildenafil and Vardenafil too of course but they dont work either and Tadalafil has no side effects.