Xiaflex or Surgery?

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyode

I know ultimately it is my choice. My doctor presented both options. I have a 55 degree bend at the base, to the left. He said surgery success rate (grafting) is 95%. And typical patient is healed up around 6 weeks. The Xiaflex injections success rate is around 60% and takes well over 6 months to complete the series of shots. And from what I have read, they are painful and other complications can arise.

Would appreciate any feedback from those who have had the grafting surgery.....I keep going back and forth. i am currently set up and approved to start Xiaflex in about 4 weeks.

Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

JohnR

I have the same curve you do about 2" up from the base. Was 60-70* left, now 35-40. I just had my 4th round of Xiaflex. While I haven't gotten the results that I hoped for, do EVERYTHING ELSE before you do surgery.  
50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.

Pfract

I'm sure other members can chime in, with more experience than I have. But there are several cases here of users that had xiaflex and had great improvements with the drug. I think it's worth trying first if you have that motivation to begin with.. That, along with traction and Ved. Carefully. Very carefully!  

Hawk

Tony Welcome to the forum.

I don't personally have any advice since I have had neither treatment.  I suspect you would get more responses posting this in the Xiaflex board or even the surgery board.  This introduction area is good for first posts, initially introducing yourself etc.  but many members do not check this area.  On the other two boards, everyone there either has had that treatment or at least has an interest in that treatment.  This board is also uniquely limited to ten posts so members will go to the other forum boards for specific discussions.

One final thought.  You will get much better advice and waste far less time if you fill out the signature line of your profile that displays right under your post.  If you have problems doing so I or one of the moderators will help.

Let me know if you want me to move this topic and which board to move it to.  I will leave a link here so you can easily find it.

Hawk
Founder/Administrator
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums