Insurance approval, soon to start injections

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyode

So  I had the option for surgery (Dr. said 95% success rate) or doing the Xiaflex injections. Like most patients, I chose the less invasive procedure and my insurance approved it pretty quickly. So I start the injections in a few weeks. I feel as though my peyronies as peaked already. Probably started last spring and in July went through a rough period of constant pain(while erect and soft both). Since then no pain, except minor during erections. But i have seen no more progression with my lump. I actually think its a bit smaller than it was a couple months past. I have a 55 degree bend at the base of my penis to my left. Dr. said it is moderate case.
Have to admit, after reading all of these posts about the injections/pain/ swelling and all of that, i am very nervous about going through with it. I don't feel my plaque buildup is very deep, feels like just under the skin. So I am hopeful it won't be too painful. Hoping for positive results! Thanks to all for sharing their stories. It is comforting in preparation.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Bubba dawg

I was anxious too. I won't sugar coat it. Swelling and bruising happened. Very painful shots. This is just something you have to go through. Well worth it for me. Sucks to go through the rest of your life with a deformed penis. That just was no option for me. I feel much better mentally. No cure though
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tonyode

Quote from: Bubba dawg on November 24, 2018, 10:19:47 AM
I was anxious too. I won't sugar coat it. Swelling and bruising happened. Very painful shots. This is just something you have to go through. Well worth it for me. Sucks to go through the rest of your life with a deformed penis. That just was no option for me. I feel much better mentally. No cure though

How serious was ur peyromies? Mine is at the base of my penis on left side. 55 degree curve at base. I noticed mine about 7 months ago. But no curve. Just could feel the lump. Had constant pain in middle of July for a week or two, flaccid and hard. Then no pain. I feel as though i am past the acute stage. Doesn't seem like getting any larger, maybe even a bit smaller although no improvement in curve, indentation. No pain or very little with erection.  Hoping these injections work. I'm start injections in two weeks.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Bubba dawg

I dont have any lumps. I would guess a 30 or 40  degree curve
I had painful erections. Then one day it just curved, narrowed and shortened. The pain had gone away. I had hard calcium and plaque areas under the skin. Doc had to force the needle through those. Some shots were more painful than others

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

tonyode

Well, did the first shot yesterday. Wasn't near as bad as my anxiety would lead me to believe. But definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. Pain wasn't bad, just an uncomfortable ....situation. I think what threw me a little bit was where he inserted the needle. My plaque is at the base on my left side. Well, he went through the right side, clear through my penis, and into the backside of the plaque. I asked him why and he said he could better hold the plaque in place to get the needle in going from that direction. So I am wrapped up. Hardly any pain last night but I did ice it for hours. This morning I am VERY tender in the area of the plaque. Tough to move around, walk or even sit, but its tolerable. I expected to have some of this. He told me to keep it wrapped for at least 24hrs or even longer if I can. Starting the stretching in two days. He is doing the second shot in a week. He said in his experience, its better to wait and heal up before doing the second shot.
Anyway..just glad its over. Didn't realize how much that anxiety was eating at me until I got home and was just exhausted. But overall, can't complain at this point.

Bubba dawg

Glad it worked out Tony! Be prepared for the long haul. This stuff works slowly but surely. I masturbated yesterday.  Penis end still bends like it is trying to cut off the orgasm. Leads to a powerful orgasm. Just like it is pulling on my insides. I think I have a slightly pulled pelvic muscle. I am going to need more injection to stop that. A lot of plaque is soften except toward the front close to the head

kingprof

Yes, Tony. Great start! Us novices are fortunate to have people like Bubba on here, who have (unfortunately for him) been dealing with this for a while and have been down the road. It's nice to hear from people who have gone a few rounds. It's easy to get frustrated with this stuff.
58 yrs old, 45 degree bend to the left, noticed Peyronie's first in April, 2018. Three rounds of Xiaflex.

tonyode

Day 3 after my injection and constant pain is gone. I left wrap on for around 36hrs. Took off this morning and I have very little swelling. Some bruising around injection area. Only pain is area of the plaque which is very painful to the touch. But overall, I can't complain. Supposed to start modeling today but worry about the pain around plaque area. Wondering if I should wait or go ahead and start the modeling. Afraid I will injure something ....thoughts?

kingprof

I started modeling in terms of stretching my penis a couple days after my first round of injections. But I did not do the "bending when erect" for a while until it wasn't sore.
58 yrs old, 45 degree bend to the left, noticed Peyronie's first in April, 2018. Three rounds of Xiaflex.

Bubba dawg

I never touched mine while it was erect. Would be too tempting lol

tonyode

Well, had my second shot of round one today. It was MUCH easier and less painful than the 1st one. Which surprised me as I was still pretty sore around the plaque area. My Doc seems very good at what he is doing as far as giving the injections. With the first shot, the worst day was the day after the shot. I kept wrap on for about 36hrs. Had very little swelling but the typical bruising was there and some still there. Anyway, that is my latest update. Go back in 6 weeks for round 2. He said I could have sex two weeks from today. Although I will probably give it a little more time. See how it goes. All in all, much better than I anticipated.  

kingprof

That's great to hear! That it wasn't as painful as the first one. I'm coming up on round two in a couple weeks. I have to say I've enjoyed being back to normal the last week. It took 4 weeks before I really felt normal after round one.

tonyode

For whatever reason, the second shot of round one has been going much better. Had some pain in the evening after the shot. But day 2 I haven't had near the pain or discomfort I had with first shot. Again, my shots were spaced a week apart. Next round 6 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.

Bubba dawg

Hope it keeps going well for you Tony. Injections varied for me too in discomfort or pain. Doctors may realize we are sore from the first one and go easy on the second one. I just know I got 2 at one time sometimes.  The second one usually stung like a hornet. He said he just had to push the needle harder sometimes.  Sometimes I laid in bed at night sweating about the next injection only for it to not be as bad but whatever , it is something we have to do to get better. You should be proud that you're brave enough to get it done. Just the idea of it puts fear into any Male I talk to lol

tonyode

Oh, believe me Bubba...my anxiety leading up to the shots eats at me big time, don't sleep well and it's just something on my mind constantly.  I fully expected the 2nd shot to be worse than the first just because I was still a bit sore. But have had very little pain. I did experience my first nocturnal erection last nite and had an extremely sharp pain in plaque area that work me up and hurt like hell. That wasn't fun at all. But after few hours the pain receded. Overall, this has been 100% better than 1st shot. Now I can chill for 6 weeks until next round. He said sex in 2 weeks....but that does make me nervous. We'll see.

kingprof

Hi Tony, I too had the painful nighttime erections. I didn't sleep well for about four days because every erection seemed to wake me up. I had one or two "screamers" where I actually woke up with a perceptible yell, but most were just a dull pain. I'm a couple weeks now from round number two and I can feel the anxiety coming back. Even though my URO said two weeks before sex, I only started masturbating after two weeks and waited another couple weeks for sex. I just didn't feel like I could manage sex after two weeks. The fact that you spread your shots out may make your comeback a little quicker, but you'll know when you're ready.

tonyode

Day 5 after second injection of first round. And I have had very little pain and literally no bruising this time. First shot wasn't to bad, but I was sore and had moser bruising for days after. Find it a bit odd this shot went so smooth. I haven't had an erection to see if there is any improvement. But the plaque does feel smaller and rigid compared to what it was. At least I think it does...hope,it's not my mind just wanting it so bad. Anyway, all n all...this second shot was easy. I'll probably pay for it the next round with my luck. lol

tonyode

Started round 2, shot #3 yesterday. Overall, wasn't awful. But it did hurt, sting more than the first two. But afterwards I experienced no pain until about 6hrs later. Seemed like he worked the needle in a little more aggressive with this shot. Had the injection around 4pm, pain, stinging later in evening. Woke up in middle of the night with an acute very painful stinging that about knocked me out of bed. It lasted a few minutes then slowly went away. Very tender today so I am icing like crazy. Heading back for the 4th injection in a week. Lucky to have day off to just relax and ice! Just happy another injection is in the books!

tonyode

Well, round 3, shots 5,6 coming up this week on Tuesday. Anxiety creeping up, especially after what I went through with the last shot, false fracture, rupture, trip to emergency and egg plant look! Took a good month or so to heal and I finally feel close to nornal with just a little pain with erections. I definitely feel improved, indentation is less and curve looks better. Obviously not 100%. Doc will induce erection and measure prior to next xiaflex injection. I am wondering if I have good improvement if I should call it quits with the injections? Or do I continue and go through all 4 rounds. That last shot and reaction scared the crap out of me and I am not sure I wanna take the chance....decisions suck! Thoughts?

TDix

I decided against anymore shots after that happened to me.  Went forward with surgery, and in my case it was the best decision I made
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

tonyode

TD...it was definitely traumatic, no question. But in my case...I see good improvement. Less indentation, less curve...looks n feels better, no question. I'm gonna go through with the doc inducing erection and checking indent and curve, see what he says then make a decision prior to the xiaflex.

TDix

Do what's right for you man.  I'm glad you saw some improvement.  I did not and when I ruptured it made everything worse.  Hence the surgery route.  I am here to bounce any questions off of if needed.  I feel for you because I've been there
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

tonyode

Well, I had my halfway checkup appointment as well as starting round 4 of xiaflex. The Doc induced an erection to measure. The great news is that I am now at around 30-35% curve. When I started, I was at 55%. My indentation is much better as well. So, after 2rds/4shots...I had some pretty good improvement! So i decided to continue with the injections. After the evaluation, I got my 5th injection. Hurt like hell, but since then it has been pretty good! So all n all, I am feeling pretty good after my appointment yesterday!

LongProcess

I don't usually write in these types of things but I want to contribute for both moral support for others and for myself.

I had a pain during erection about 1.5 years ago.  Can't think of any cause...it just started.  I thought it would go away on its own.  It didn't.  Went to the doctor who referred me to a urologist.  Overall the process of getting in to the urologist and diagnosing as Peyronies was about 4-5 months.  Urologist put me on Sildenafil 3x per day and told me to come back in a few months.  Tried that...no change.  

During this time period I started to see more pronounced 'nodules' and some indentation at both the base and the top.  Overall three nodules.  Erections are painful and the curve progressed to about 40% upwards.  Dr discussed Xiaflex but said I would need insurance approval.  I made the decision to pursue insurance...not because of the curve...that was manageable...but I had lost about an inch in length, the erections were painful and the bottleneck was making sex difficult.  Insurance approved (still paying $1000 per injection cycle....i.e. $4000).  Dr said we need to do an ultrasound.  I thought this was going to be easy and fast...I was wrong.  They injected something for an erection.  Then numbed it and inserted something and pushed what felt like fluid (I couldn't watch)...damn was it painful.  I went in thinking it was a simple ultrasound and walked out feeling I had been repeatedly kicked in the groin.  Took a couple weeks to get past the bruising and swelling (that was about 8 weeks ago).  Dr prescribed a VED, Clomiphene and some extra strength Tylenol and Vitamin E.  Dr said I should reduce the Sildenafil to 1x per day before bed.  I reluctantly scheduled my first Xiaflex appt.  

I started doing the VED but didn't take the Clomiphene...yet.  I did the VED about 1-3 times per day (never actually sure if I am doing it right).  I travel a lot for work so I have been hesitant to bring it with me when I travel.  One positive point is that I started to see very small improvement on the bottleneck that is towards the based of the penis.  I also had a nodule right above the bottleneck that was mildly painful (compared to the other two nodules)...this one seems be smaller and less painful after VED...maybe I am just being overly optimistic...still have bottleneck...sildenafil seems to help strengthen the bottleneck during sex.  

Fast forward to yesterday...had my first Xiaflex shot.  Very anxious going in...especially since my ultrasound was so difficult.  Unfortunately Dr had me wait over an hour...that didn't help with the anxiety.  When the Dr came in he did the shot in the top nodule only (I think this is because during the ultrasound he said that the top nodule was more of a ball shape and the lower/middle nodule is flat and will be difficult to inject).  It was painful (nowhere near the ultrasound) but felt like a more pronounced, and longer, bee sting.  Overall the whole shot process was relatively fast (about 4-5 minutes)...painful but bearable.  Next shot is scheduled 3 days out.  Slept with a pillow between my legs. Woke up in the early morning hours with a painful erection...worse than normal...pain seemed to be focused in the two nodules (weird part is the one that he didn't inject hurt as much as the top one).  Dr said no sex or VED for two weeks.  Dr said to keep taking Sildenafil.  

Some questions...

Dr says no sex for two weeks but Xiaflex brochure says 4 weeks...thoughts?

Anyone else take Chlomiphene (I think its also called Chlomid)?  

Anything else I should be doing right now (modeling, Ice)?  Any other tips?  

Sorry for the long email.  Thanks for reading/listening...just felt like I needed to get this off my chest.  Hopefully it all goes smooth and I can update everyone positively on my experience.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

rojenner

I've had 2 Xiaflex injections this year.  Doctor told me 4 weeks no sex which is what the manufacturers of Xiaflex state.  Used to be 2 weeks - not sure why it went to 4 weeks.   Seems like 4 weeks is a bit of a stretch but I guess they are just being conservative.   Actually today is 4 weeks since my 2nd injection - goes by quick.  I adhered to no intercourse.  I do the modeling and suggest you do that too.  See tonyode - prior to 3rd injection he had good improvement - source of encouragement for me.

Age 65.  Peyronies started 2017.  No specific injury.  90 degree upward bend.  4 rounds of Xiaflex & Restorex. Cauterization and grafting on 12/9/19 - resulting ED.  Had implant 11/17/20 - Coloplast Titan 18 cm with 2cm RTE on right and 1.5cm on left

TonySa

Dr Lue, a leading peyronies specislist insists to get the best results from Xiaflex one must add traction 3-7 days after second shot of each round until the next (3-5+ hrs:day).
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

tonyode

Longprocess...wow on the ultrasound! I never had to go through that. Just the injection to get an erection(easy shot for me), the ultrasound, then the injection to reduce the erection(easy for me as well). That ultrasound you went through sounds brutal! But from the standpoint of being very thorough, that is a positive thing with your doctor. So although very difficult, I would feel confident with the process of what your doctor is doing.
As for the sex, my doc who I think is very good and works for a major research university, he says no sex for two weeks after the 2nd shot of a round. My shots are also spaced out a week apart. I just started round 3 this past Tuesday, go back this coming Tuesday for 2nd injection of round 3. My doc wraps up my penis very tight after injection to help with swelling and recommends keeping wrapped up for at least 24hrs. I kept this last one on for 48hrs. I have very very little swelling and hardly any bruising with the most recent injection. But one never knows what to expect from one injection to the last. My 4th injection busted a blood vessel and I had extreme swelling and bruising...the eggplant basically! It was traumatic, painful and ugly! Took a good month to 6 weeks to heal up. So some injections go well/fairly easy, others don't. Its a marathon and takes patience. Although I looked into traction, VED...to this point I haven't used them. My doc said I am welcome to do it. But said in his experience, there hasn't been much different from doing the hand modeling/stretching compared to using traction. At the halfway point, I had a 20-25 degree improvement. So am excited, obviously! I am also on Pentox as well as taking a bunch of supplements. Anyway, hang in there, stay patient, positive and good luck!

LongProcess

Tony, thanks for the kind words.  Glad to hear positive results (except for the blood vessel problem).  

I went back yesterday for second shot of round one.  Not as nervous as I was during the first shot and I didn't have to wait too long in the lobby.  I was still sore from the first round so I expected it to be more painful.  Dr gave the shot and it was a bit more painful but much faster...total injection this time was less than two minutes.  Dr said it seemed easier to inject in to the plaque this time.  I guess that is positive.  I haven't noticed a difference but I wasn't expecting any change at this point.  Overnight had an erection that was painful felt like I was stabbed.  Tylenol and/or Advil doesn't seem to do much for the discomfort but I'm still taking it.  I asked Dr about modeling and he said that it is better to aggressively squeeze/massage the plaque than to stretch.  It doesn't take a lot of time so I guess I will do both.  Next round of shots are scheduled.  I will update again before next round of shots.  Not sure if this info helps anyone but when I found out I thought it was helpful to read about the experiences of others...

tonyode

I am not doctor, but I have to question the massaging/squeezing instead of stretching. The xiaflex works to breakdown the plaque, soften it. That doesn't mean it will dissolve/disappear. It could and does. But the stretching helps what it says, model the plaque so when you get an erection, the plaque is stretched or broken down so it doesn't create that pulling, which creates the curve. Even the brochure shows how to do the hand modeling. I am pretty aggressive with the stretching/modeling. And do it much more than what is recommended. Just my two cents!  

LongProcess

Quote from: tonyode on April 08, 2019, 02:11:10 PM
I am not doctor, but I have to question the massaging/squeezing instead of stretching. The xiaflex works to breakdown the plaque, soften it. That doesn't mean it will dissolve/disappear. It could and does. But the stretching helps what it says, model the plaque so when you get an erection, the plaque is stretched or broken down so it doesn't create that pulling, which creates the curve. Even the brochure shows how to do the hand modeling. I am pretty aggressive with the stretching/modeling. And do it much more than what is recommended. Just my two cents!

First two days after the second shot I couldn't do much stretching or massaging.  I have decided to do both (although more stretching now).  I am stretching about 4 times per day for 30 seconds each time.

tonyode

Just had my 6th injection, finished round 3. My doc has always said, no stretching or anything for 2 days after injections. Let things heal/settle down basically. But after the 2nd day, he said to get after it. Again, said no sex for 2 weeks after 2nd shot of the rounds. Again, all docs are different in their approach. My doc is very experienced, has treated close to a thousand patients with peyronies and studied under a doc who specialized in peyronies. I couldn't be more happy with my doctor and his approach, the time he takes with me and explains, answers all my questions. My injection went well yesterday and this far I am experiencing very little pain. So far, so good! One more round in 6 weeks!  

TonySa

Tony. Any improvement and are you adding traction after two days?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

tonyode

TonySa....at the midway point, after 2nd round, 4th injection, my doc induced erection for measurements. I went from a 55 degree bend, to 30-35 degree. So after 4 injections, i have had a 20-25 degree improvement!  My indentation is MUCH better as well. So yes, I have had great improvement! I just finished round 3 yesterday. He is going to again measure prior to my last round.
No, although I looked into adding traction, I didn't. Just hand modeling/stretching. Which I do often and am quite aggressive in doing so. I am also on Pentox as well as quite a few supplements. I am obviously feeling good with here I am at currently!  

TonySa

Great news!  Maybe include in your sig-the progress?

LongProcess

Quote from: tonyode on April 10, 2019, 01:49:21 PM
TonySa....at the midway point, after 2nd round, 4th injection, my doc induced erection for measurements. I went from a 55 degree bend, to 30-35 degree. So after 4 injections, i have had a 20-25 degree improvement!  My indentation is MUCH better as well. So yes, I have had great improvement! I just finished round 3 yesterday. He is going to again measure prior to my last round.
No, although I looked into adding traction, I didn't. Just hand modeling/stretching. Which I do often and am quite aggressive in doing so. I am also on Pentox as well as quite a few supplements. I am obviously feeling good with here I am at currently!

Tony, when you say 'aggressive' in the stretching do you mean more than 30-seconds?  More than 3x per day?

tonyode

LongProcess...yes, most definitely. As well as being aggressive with the actual stretching. My plaque, indentation is on left side, base of my penis. So I not only did the recommended stretching, I would take my other hand/finger on right side of penis and try to do a 90 degree bend using my finger as leverage. If that makes sense.  

TonySa

Dr zlue recommends daily traction for 2-7 hrs/day after xiaflex injection.

LongProcess

Quote from: LongProcess on April 10, 2019, 09:30:39 AM
First two days after the second shot I couldn't do much stretching or massaging.  I have decided to do both (although more stretching now).  I am stretching about 4 times per day for 30 seconds each time.

UPDATE: Six weeks have passed since my last round.  Saw a little bit of progress (erections are a little bit less painful, I think the curve has improved a little but it's tough to tell, lost about an inch and a half of length and haven't seen much change there). Was really hoping for more positive results.  Not too depressed yet since it was only one round completed.

Started second round today.  Shot was easy...very little pain.  Next shot in three days.

Had a good conversation with my doc.  I have two plaques and indentation.  I thought that the Xiaflex was for Peyronies wherever you have issues...turns out the studies are done with a focus on one plaque (meaning all 8 shots in one plaque).  The doc said the plan was to inject one plaque for 4 rounds.  I was concerned that the problem won't get fixed if he only addresses one plaque...so I had my doc inject the plaque he didn't inject last time (trying to address both plaques).  

The VED and Sildenafil (nightly) is helping a little on the indentation (but I haven't done much VED in between the shots...I waited a month after the second shot because I didn't want to cause any problems).

Doc wants me to take Clomiphene (Clomid).  Anyone else take this?

Bubba dawg

Many times my doctor gave me 2 injections per session. 2 different areas. The second one always hurt much worse than the first. Then 3 days later has the other injection(s). Doctor also did very painful modeling himself after the injections. I think that modeling really helped me. Had sex 2 weeks after each round. I did 5 rounds and probably could use a couple more. I think they each you into it by saying 4 rounds. Really is could take many more than that. Not many would go through this if they told the truth lol I did not pay for the medicine. I paid for all the injections except one. Insurance company screwed me over

LongProcess

Quote from: Bubba dawg on May 13, 2019, 04:32:22 PM
Many times my doctor gave me 2 injections per session. 2 different areas. The second one always hurt much worse than the first. Then 3 days later has the other injection(s). Doctor also did very painful modeling himself after the injections. I think that modeling really helped me. Had sex 2 weeks after each round. I did 5 rounds and probably could use a couple more. I think they each you into it by saying 4 rounds. Really is could take many more than that. Not many would go through this if they told the truth lol I did not pay for the medicine. I paid for all the injections except one. Insurance company screwed me over
Thanks Bubba.  I'm assuming I might have to go for additional rounds.  I will worry about that down the road.

I posted too soon after my injection yesterday.  The injection was relatively easy.  The after effects have been awful...way worse than last time.  Looks like someone hit me with a hammer a bunch of times.  Very small hematoma at injection (which worried me for a while but it stopped developing), massive bruising all over and swelling.  Very sore.  Was woken up at about 5 AM (what appeared to be a morning erection...if possible at this point).  Had a stabbing pain at the injection site.  I didn't worry about it too much because I had the same pain after the first round...lasted about 3-4 days last time during morning erection.  It went away with the erection.  Very painful...a lot more painful this time.  Dr wants me to take a small dose of Sildenafil to induce erection and improve healing but I don't think I can.  The pain was too much...I might need to wait a couple days.  Going back to Dr in two days...not sure how he is going to be able to inject me again so quickly.  Does everyone getting Xiaflex have this amount of pain, swelling and bruising after injection?  Trying to remain calm but worried.  First round wasn't this bad.

TonySa

It's not very common, but can happen.  Doesn't mean your next time might be just the opposite and be very smooth.

Bubba dawg

I got one hematoma. One night the injection sites had a stinging feeling but was gone when I woke up. Plenty of soreness. What you are going through is listed as possible side effects on the Xiaflex website. I was injected 3 days after the first  injection too. This is not a pain free treatment. You are in a battle against a disease. Takes strong medicine to get this disease under control. Your dick will feel like it has been through 4 rounds with Mike Tyson when he was in his prime

LongProcess

Quote from: Bubba dawg on May 14, 2019, 05:08:59 PM
I got one hematoma. One night the injection sites had a stinging feeling but was gone when I woke up. Plenty of soreness. What you are going through is listed as possible side effects on the Xiaflex website. I was injected 3 days after the first  injection too. This is not a pain free treatment. You are in a battle against a disease. Takes strong medicine to get this disease under control. Your dick will feel like it has been through 4 rounds with Mike Tyson when he was in his prime

Update:  Dr decided to inject a different spot (last time plaque was in the middle.  This time he injected the plaque at the top).  First injection of second round was Monday at 8 AM...pain from the injection was bearable...lots of swelling and I'm not sure if it was a hematoma or just a blister.  But it stopped growing late Monday.  Tuesday...tender and scary looking swelling.  Wednesday...a lot of the swelling went down.  Very black and blue.  Still very tender but not as bad as Tuesday.  Starting to feel relieved.  Thursday...Back to Dr for another shot.  The Dr was pulling to find the plaque since he was going to inject the middle plaque (not the top).  The pulling was more painful than the Xiaflex shot.  Very relieved that I don't have to do this again for 6 weeks.  Taking 800 Mg of Tylenol overnight to help with nightly discomfort.  Walking seemed to help with the swelling on day two...sitting all day at my desk doesn't seem to be the best idea (not sure if it really helped or if sitting hurt but just saying what I noticed).

Bubba dawg

One good thing is July will be a year after my last injection. Really no sign of long term damage. So most likely that is what you will experience. Now I don't think the disease ever goes completely away

LongProcess

Quote from: LongProcess on May 16, 2019, 11:01:45 AM
Update:  Dr decided to inject a different spot (last time plaque was in the middle.  This time he injected the plaque at the top).  First injection of second round was Monday at 8 AM...pain from the injection was bearable...lots of swelling and I'm not sure if it was a hematoma or just a blister.  But it stopped growing late Monday.  Tuesday...tender and scary looking swelling.  Wednesday...a lot of the swelling went down.  Very black and blue.  Still very tender but not as bad as Tuesday.  Starting to feel relieved.  Thursday...Back to Dr for another shot.  The Dr was pulling to find the plaque since he was going to inject the middle plaque (not the top).  The pulling was more painful than the Xiaflex shot.  Very relieved that I don't have to do this again for 6 weeks.  Taking 800 Mg of Tylenol overnight to help with nightly discomfort.  Walking seemed to help with the swelling on day two...sitting all day at my desk doesn't seem to be the best idea (not sure if it really helped or if sitting hurt but just saying what I noticed).

Update:  It's been awhile since my last update.  I switched insurance plans after my second round.  The process of getting the new insurance company to cover the remaining two rounds was almost as bad as the injections.  Finally got it resolved after two months (They originally told me it was going to cost $7000 more...after 10 different amounts were quoted to me I finally got the right amount...$322).

Went back this morning for my 1st injection of my third round.  I hope the extra delay won't affect the results. The shot this morning was a little more painful than I remembered...but bearable.  Surprised that the swelling isn't too bad at this point (only been 5 hours).  Last couple shots the swelling was pretty bad.

Results so far are mixed.  Length hasn't returned.  Most of the curve (about 2/3) has straightened but one part of the curve hasn't improved so now I have a more pronounced curve in a smaller part of the penis. Had the dr try to inject to improve that today.  I used to have painful erections and that has gone away.  I also had some hourglassing and that is still there but not as bad...I have been using the VED but not as much as I should be (lots of travel for work and kids at home so it makes it difficult).