News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Previous topic - Next topic

2Oldfords

Age -
Age at onset of Peyronies Disease / or I have had Peyronies Disease for X Years -
I don't know when it started as I was always curved and never had any pain
Very First Symptoms -
I just noticed from a certain point on the shaft it was bent

My Peyronies Disease progression, Treatments (in order), Doctors, Psychological Stages, observable changes -
It started with an odd bend which got more pronounced to approx. 70 deg. I have had or have dupytrens contracture so I was aware through research this was possible. Since then it has been changing in length and shape. Now because of the deformity my mind or the disease has made erections not as hard or lasting.
No treatments yet, I saw the first urologist who never got back with me like he said he would. I asked my primary care Dr. for help who referred me to another urologist who then referred me to another Dr. in Nashville who is going to do the incision/grafting on me once bcbs gives the ok. I declined the xiaflex offered by the first 2 urologists.
The Psychological part of this has been the hardest. From I can't believe this is happening to me, y me, shame of my new deformity and frustration from getting medical help to thinking of ending it. Now, its coming to the realization lots of people have a lot worse life problems to deal with.

This forum has been the biggest help so far. Thanks to all who manage this site.

Where I am today, future plans -  
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

TonySa

Great to here you've found the forum supportive!  Please keep us posted.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Welcome to the forum OldFord,  I am not sure what your level of knowledge is but if you have not done so, I would recommend you read this Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums

It will provide some good background that will get you up to speed pretty fast an help you as you ask questions and start fighting back against Peyronies Disease.

If you look at the line right under your post you can see that you can edit your signature line which will also help because it will give others some basic information when you post so they don't have to keep asking the same questions.

Best wished with your battle

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

2Oldfords

Just an update, I will be going to surgery to correct my issue on Dec 18. That is almost 6 months since I first sought help from the medical community. I feel like some weight has been lifted from my shoulders as I have a good surgeon and hospital lined up. I have not taken this decision lightly and feel good with the research done and the choice I made. Now I just have to go through with it.
  If the forum wants me to I will keep track of the details and continue updates best I can. This kind of info might be valuable to another member down the road.

Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

TonySa

Great, please do keep us posted.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.