Don’t know where I fit here

Previous topic - Next topic

TDix

Just bringing this up as I've bounced around the various forum topics.  I do not have erectile dysfunction.  I DO have Peyronies.  Tried Xiaflex, and posted in appropriate area, however that was a disaster for me and now doesn't feel the correct spot for me.  Burst a vein, have pain and discomfort.  Slowly seeing my penis worsen before my eyes.  Can't do traction, as I'm not fully healed.  No VED either.  Quality of sex is subpar, as I'm worried of more damage, and I now suffer from PE.  Was totally leaning towards an implant to put an end to all of this, but I'm not a candidate as I can still get erections.  (Not a dr's view, just suggested here).  What the hell does a guy in my situation do?  Or go? I'm so depressed and over this crap.  I don't want any surgery that will take any length away that I already have, as I'm sure I've lost some already. I don't want anymore frickin needles in my dick, as it obviously causes havoc down there.  I'm a lost nomad in this condition right now.  Tell me please I'm not alone.  Sure feels that way right now
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TonySa

Hi, sorry you're on this roller coaster.  I'm wondering if you could possibly get on pentox , low dose PDE5 inhibitors, l-arginine or citrulline and when healed consider getting back on traction to regain any loss length and address curve.  If not successful after several months, consider stage surgery after regaining any loss length w traction/VED?  It's a long road, but I think you can get there.  I'd try to take a first step towards a long term plan to maintain hope.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

TDix

Thank you for responding, I was almost ready to delete my account.  Not because of any particular reason other than I felt I just didn't fit in here.  I will mention all you suggested to my uro when I see him in a few weeks.  Not too hopeful however to be honest

Hawk

I would try Tony's suggestions.  Since pain is a huge factor I would consider ALC which has a clear impact on pain.  Also, NSAIDs and I would consider Voltaren gel.  I have never used it but there is no obvious reason it should not work.

Best wishes
Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TDix

So Hawk moves this thread to the appropriate area, and MAN have I come a long way in the last 8 months.  Surgery, physical therapy......reading this old thread again brought me back to how low I was back then.  Never give up guys, find the right fit for you and you CAN fix yourself

2Oldfords

Tdix, I can't believe you were going to quit this forum because "you don't fit". You do fit in.
With all you have gone thru and what you have going on where else could you get the support that you get here? This site has been amazing for info and support. I follow your posts. Thanks for you contributions.
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

Pfract

Those are some motivational words tdix. I am glad you stayed with us. It shows others how you can soldier through this and be in a better place later.

Hopefully you will be fully cured with your surgery.  8)

TDix

This post was posted at a pretty low time for myself after I had my fracture from Xiaflex and didn't know what else to do.  Since then I met Dr Yafi and everything changed for the better.  I guarantee if I had quit the forum back then I would've come back.  This place provides support that no other outlet does.  I'm glad to be a part of it

Hawk

Quote from: TDix on July 13, 2019, 02:20:11 PM
 I guarantee if I had quit the forum back then I would've come back.  This place provides support that no other outlet does.  I'm glad to be a part of it

Those are the kinds of responses that keep us all forging ahead, both in the fight against the medical issues and effort to keep the forum humming along.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums