Ketogenic diet

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

For those of you that have tried or are doing a ketogenic diet, how much did your Peyronies improve if any? Also how long did it take to see results, and what did your diet consist of?

I've been eating around 40g carbs a day for almost two weeks now. My diet is mostly meat and cheese. I eat some vegetables and berries but not as much. Is this a good way to go about this diet?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

JS1991

Go with less carbs. I hear 25g is good, but someone else will chime in I'm sure. Meat and cheese is good, but you want to add in more vegetables, take the berries out, and add in lots of healthy fats! Avacado, butter, olive oil, bacon, etc.

Also add in intermittent fasting for full results. This means you choose a 6-8 hour block of the day in which you allowed to eat, and the other 16-18 hours you consume nothing but water. This includes the times you sleep.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

skunkworks

I only saw significant improvement when I went zero carb and even then the improvement came in periods of fasting. I did not see marked improvement from fasting while on a low carb Paleo diet.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

NeoV

That sounds good to me, just avoid vegetable oils and stick with olive oil, coconut oil, or butter/lard/tallow/ghee.

I eat four eggs, two avacados, and meat and cheese daily with olive oil. I also eat cabbage or broccoli or other veggies here and there. I salt everything quite a bit.

For a real therapeutic keto diet keep protein a bit lower or make sure your meat is fatty. Lean chicken alone can make my nerves start burning. I notice the best effects when I really keep the glucose low but now days I do endulge in nuts at times.

Fasting or only eating primarily fat for most of the day makes me feel amazing.

Paolo

Powdered Gelatin is great too, and can ease stress hormones, it's wonderful in Coffee  :)
Paul  :)

Stay away from PUFA  ruminant animals have a far higher PUFA content in their fat stores than outdoors

I used to love honey, but it's too Carby  :(

Also this is interesting https://joshmitteldorf.scienceblog.com/2017/04/07/is-fasting-senolytic/
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

One Op

Yeh agree with Neo for sure. Personally with the research ive come across the biggets mistake with keto is overdoing it on meat as meat burns in the body very much like how sugar burns in the body.
From what ive come across the ratio of what you should be eating interms of grams should be 2 to 1. 2 being fats and one being protein and carbs. And unlimited veges.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

birdman73

Quote from: One Op on October 26, 2018, 07:17:56 AM
Yeh agree with Neo for sure. Personally with the research ive come across the biggets mistake with keto is overdoing it on meat as meat burns in the body very much like how sugar burns in the body.
From what ive come across the ratio of what you should be eating interms of grams should be 2 to 1. 2 being fats and one being protein and carbs. And unlimited veges.

The ratio is more like 70/20/10...  70% fats, 20% protein, 10% carbs (or even 80/15/5).  I am less than 25g net carbs per day.  Use a food tracker to see more about what you can/can't eat and if you do, what you have "left"...  Also, to make sure you consume enough calories...  Unlimited Veggies is definitely not correct either...  You have to be careful with veggies.  Yes, full of nutrients, but also carbs (although the fiber balances it out so your total carbs can be higher...).

As I posted in another thread, I have been doing this two weeks and think I see and feel an improvement already...  Am going to keep going with it.

BTW...scrambled eggs with cut up bacon and coconut oil and butter...it's amazing how much of the fat is absorbed by the eggs...and they taste so good.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

bentoboy

Has anyone tried MCT oil? There's this Dr Gundry who claims that one can have all the benefits of keto diet without actually doing it - but by combining intermittent fasting and MCT oil which instantly triggers production of ketones.  
27 y. o. Peyronies since 2020: S curvature with the top part tilting to the left - 15*. Multiple nodules and scarring on each side, mild hourglassing. Getting worse every few months, losing width. Normal penile function. Enlarged veins.