Sideways curve: Ligaments visible on one side

Previous topic - Next topic

Throwaway321

I've noticed since using my extender, that when fully extended, my left side pulls out much more, and you can see what looks like ligaments stretched out and then moving to the side. So I have a 32-35 degree left curve, and the same side looks like i'm streteching the ligaments outside of the body. Now the base of the extender ends up pushing down on this when fully extended. I am just wondering if anyone else notices this, and if its safe. My understanding is that my stretching exercises are pulling the fundiform ligament out just on the left side, while it's not stretching the right side at all due to the different lengths. So with this in mind, couldn't I potentially make the curve worse, or even damage the left ligament (through the pressure applied at the base of the extender, thereby creating the tension)? If I look down on the extender, my skin is right up against the base on the left and then tapers down, while my right side still has a solid 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of room all the way at the base. Now I imagine if I stretched my right side hard enough I would have the same effect, however, doing so right now would pull a ligament on the left side.

Has anyone else noticed this, and did it go away with time? I can feel the ligaments because they feel very soft,and I can feel it only on my left side, poking out about 1/2 inch outside my body. It barely protrudes on the right side.