Permanent sutures

Previous topic - Next topic

agony

Is here any one who had corrective surgery using permanent sutors..if so please share your experience..or if any one can comment on this topic please..am considering double eight plication devised by Dr Osama shaer for my 45 degree ventral congenital penile curvature ..which has got excellent result and least recurrence rate. the only thing worrying me is the usage of permanent suitors ..if any one can comment please...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace your signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

skunkworks

I am guessing you mean permanent sutures?  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Jack1909

Be logical..permanent sutures inside a penis? Sound it good?? Check my story out...permanent sutures may lead to abnormal fibrotic reactions. In my case, they literally broke my penis apart, forming a new curvature (I knew they were dangerous at the time I was operated, the surgeon just either lied to me or mistakened)
31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

daved2

Some doctors Advocate using permanent sutures. Dr Lue tells me that he uses permanent sutures, especially on his younger patient, since they have many more years to go.

In his words, the drawbacks to permanent sutures are:

Some of his patients report discomfort from the sutures. he said that he has gone into remove sutures, for certain patients who have reported ongoing discomfort, and the inability to get used to them being in their penis.
50 years old, tried 5 rounds of Xiaflex, had Egydio grafting surgery, then Stage sutures for residual curve, then plication in 9/18, now finally I have a straight penis

Jack1909

What "many years to go" mean?? I'm baffled such an experienced doctor like Lue still uses permanent suture...
31 yrs old

agony

hai jack ,
as devd said there are so many doctors recommending the permanent suter(16 dot .. double eight plication Etc)..as per their opinion  chance of recurrence is very the least if they use permanent suters..Also they need not open up corpus Cavernosum hence those techniques contain less risk...but definitely we feel the sutures after the surgery not in a bad way but as small subcutaneous lumps .sher operated more than 100 patients by these method and they are all enjoying normal sexual life..
i know all the bad things happens to you..no body want to put the most precious tool in our body under the knife..but what to do ...i dint share this with any one not even with my family(i am quite ashamed of exposing these deformality among my surrounding people).so i have to act .to take risk.. at lest for once...
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace your signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Jack1909

They are enjoying normal sexual life...LOL, never heard a surgeon say the contrary about a procedure he/she performs..
I lost my dick due to permanent sutures..there's an emerging wave of people involved in the field who is getting aware of how much dangerous they can be. Many comparative studies have been carried out in order to assess it..
Permanent sutures are something of the past...avoiding recurrence is important, keeping the integrity is more..

BTW, my penis had recurrence despite permanent sutures.  
31 yrs old

Jack1909

And I'll tell you more, I sued the surgeon and I'm going to win the legal battle right in reason of the choice of permanent sutures..

Integrity of penis wins over recurrence.

Daved you know what does going into removing later permanent sutures means....it means making excisions again, adding scar tissue over scar tissue..if that sounds reasonable to you...

If one of the main reasons of ED is scarring, why adding scarring over scarring LOL

31 yrs old

daved2

Hello Gents.

On the subject of permanent sutures. Yes. Certain surgeons use them. As far as my comment: Lue recommends using permanent sutures on his younger patients, because they have many more years of sexual activity ahead of them vs older patients, who may not have as many years ahead of them.

Lue also describe circumstances, where his patient could not tolerate the feeling of the permanent sutures, and the uncomfortable knots inside of his penis.

He then, surgically removed the sutures.

Yes. With any surgery, there are risks and or possible complications. His patient made the choice, that the permanent sutures were too uncomfortable to live with, and therefore, willing to risk undergoing an additional surgery.

My understanding of Dr Lue, is that in his 40+ years as a surgeon, he has seen many pitfalls and complications, that he now Opts for more conservative treatments, like Xiaflex and traction with Pentox, to avoid further scarring.

Based on my experience, I am surgery, when conservative methods have been tried and have failed. If you find yourself in the situation, seek out a surgeon who is experience, and has proven results , and is committed to surgery as the final treatment for this problem, that we have been afflicted with.

50 years old, tried 5 rounds of Xiaflex, had Egydio grafting surgery, then Stage sutures for residual curve, then plication in 9/18, now finally I have a straight penis

Jack1909

I got your point daved...what I'm trading to say is that permanent sutures might not be just a discomfort but make serious damages  
31 yrs old

Alibaba

My understanding of this procedure in simple terms is they bend your penis straight, wad up the long side and sew it together so it is the same length as the short side thus holding it straight. Result is a shorter penis length, the length of your short side, a bunch of stitches and a big thickened wad of tissue on the side that was the long side. Similar to the cheap half assed fix where they pull the glans down over your shaft and stitch it down for floppy head because some ass of a doctor put in too short of an implant. I do not think too much of either of these procedures but both are simple with less risk. For peronies, no grafting and 2 hour shorter surgery time so the doc can bill more patients per day. For the glans cap, no implant replacement. Cheap fixes, cheap results.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders