49 year old with Peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

Chester2

Ello all,
I'm not looking for a medical diagnosis but would like your thoughts please?
I need to ask if I have Peyronies or not before I embarrass myself by going to a doctor.
I'm 49 years old, for as long as I can remember I've been embarrassed about my penis. I have around a 20° curvature to te left mid way along my penile shaft. I don't know if it is generic or from wearing tight underwear though pubity or something else.
I don't have any hardening of the area there for I don't know if I have Peyronies or not.
I'm sorry if I'm wasting resources but I don't seem to fit what I've reached as the norm.
Thank you

Paolo

Hi Chester2, and welcome to the forum.
You haven't stated if you curve has resulted in any pain episodes, or whether your curve has gotten noticeably worse of recent?

Firstly don't think seeing a Doctor is embarrassing, Doctors have probably seen many a penis during their working life, so if you need reassurance you don't have peyronie's perhaps make an appointment. Why not keep some images on your phone to show him/her, that way no embarrassment.

The thing is a 20 degree curve isn't restrictive to a fulfilling sex life, is it.

Please keep posting,
Paul  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Stabler

Hello Chester2

Glad you found the forum, When you say you have had the 20* curve for as long as you can remember, does that include childhood? If so you probably have a congenital curve and not peyronies. The congenital cure would be something you were just born with not because of something you did or had injury somewhere along the line.

As Paolo said, seeing the doctor should not make you feel embarrassed and if the change has become worse then a visit to the doctor should be done.

Stabler
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.