Very tender pain after Xiaflex Injections

Previous topic - Next topic

zac

Hello all,
This is my first post on the forum.  I'm being treated with Xiaflex to try to correct a left curvature.  This morning I had my 2nd injection for round 2 and am experiencing very tender pain if i lightly squeeze the injection site.  Just a while a ago i'd taken a shower and got almost a full erection (wasn't trying to, lol) and starting feeling really sharp pain at the injection site, luckily the erection went away.  I did not have this type of pain during round 1.  Have any of you experienced this, if so please let me know.  I just hope it doesn't oscillate into something serious like an infection or worse.  I'm really nervous about having a morning erection, omg.

And i also got a pea size blood blister that had burst.  Called the Uro's nurse this afternoon about it.  She told me its normal for that to happen.  I asked if i could put an antibiotic ointment on it and she said it'd be okay to.  So I used Polysporin then wrapped in gauze.  

Anyone experience this tender pain with Xiaflex? If so, any words of wisdom? Anyone experienced the blood blisters?

Thanks!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TDix

Yes sir, that pain will go away.  I used neosporin  and non stick gauze for when my hematoma were drained
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TDix

The support of a jock strap helps as well if normal movements during the day cause pain
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

zac

Thanks! yes the pain is not near as bad now.  And the blister is good now.  I'm not advocating anyone do this but i popped the blister myself.  with gloves, i cleaned the area with some alcohol and also cleaned the sharp pin.  Drained the blister, then a good dab of Polysporin then gauze.  Good to go.  Now the skin of the blister is peeled off and kept Polysporin on it.  Still good to go and no signs of infection.

I think i need to start modeling now but obviously need to be careful as it may still be a bit early for it.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

tonyode

Hi Zac. I am curious to know how your treatments are going? You last posted last month. Have you seen/felt any improvement? I am getting ready to start my treatments in a couple of weeks and am very nervous about the injections. My plaque is at the base of my penis and is causing a curve/indentation to the left of 55 degrees. Probably started late last spring. No pain anymore. I don't feel that my plaque is too hard so hoping the procedure isn't too bad.
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

zac

Tonyode, Sorry for the delay.  I just had my 3rd Xiaflex injection an hour ago and having the sharp stabbing pain again....which is why i'm here.  There is no pain as i type. It only occurs when i'm "feeling" things around to inspect.  But what concerns me is what if the doc injected too deep, like into the urethra.  I peed but no pain, so i think my urethra is fine.    Its just scary is all.  A lot of what if's running in my head.  As for the reduction in curvature, i am not sure i'm seeing improvement which sucks.  But i believe this is because of my particular condition.  And by this i mean my left curvature is a result of plaque or other hard tissue that is all along the left side of the shaft.  In your case you have a localized area of plaque, this means that you have a far better chance of improvement from Xiaflex than i do.  My condition is harder to treat because the doctor can perfectly distribute the Xiaflex all along the shaft.  What aggravates me about my particular doctor is that he is only likes to inject in one area.  I think he should at least place a little here, a little there to get it all around but he's not doing that.  Good luckl man.  I'll try to check back at this forum more often.
relationship status, etc

tonyode

Hey Zac. Yes, the pain is common. And I think every patient experiences something different. My first shot was more painful than second. But it wasn't bad. Had some swelling and black n blue and pain on n offer for a few days. Second shot, I had very little swelling and no bruising at all. Second shot overall was a breeze. My only surprise was the entry location for injection. My plaque is at base of my penis on left hand side. I figured he would inject me right there. But he went in from opposite side and went clear thru my penis into the plaque. I asked him why he did this and he said the plaque is easier to inject from this direction. My doc seems very knowledgeable on Peyronies, trained and has done many injections. So i am comfident in him. Hoping this all works out. I am off for a month now until round 2.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.