Post surgery scar reduction

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

I understand moisture is the key and Vaseline works as well as any scar scream.  Only product w more efficacy is silicon sheets which can hold the moisture in as long as worn (24 hrs/day).  Attached are pic of application around degloving scar.  Also, of the product I'm using-others available.  Must be member to view:  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10856.0.html
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Are those readily available at most drugstores?  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Alibaba

Silicone sheets are the gold standard. Vaseline is recommended by my dermatologist and works very well. I also recommend Rejuveness brand tape.  I've had 22 surgeries, some that have had 3-5 incisions (key hole type) up to 3 inches long each.  Rejuveness lasts a long time and is designed for this purpose plus it is comfortable and stretches so your skin can move. I've only found it on the internet. Locally, the chain stores sell a paper version the digs and bites as it is not flexible like the rejuveness cloth. I've had no allergic issues with it either. Cheers men.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

skunkworks

Expert closure, moisture and lack of tension are the keys to minimising the appearance of surgical scars. When my sister had plates taken out of her arms, my parents had a plastic surgeon come at the end to remove the old scars and close the wound. The skin on the middle of the forearm is rarely under a lot of tension so all it took was that and silicon sheets and her scar is essentially invisble.

I do not know how one could achieve a lack of tension in the instance of penile implant surgery...
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hawk

Quote from: skunkworks on October 18, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
the forearm is rarely under a lot of tension so all it took was that and silicon sheets and her scar is essentially invisble.

I do not know how one could achieve a lack of tension in the instance of penile implant surgery...

I think it depends on the technique or approach.  Most doctors use the scrotal approach which I had.   My scar is not essentially invisible, it IS invisible even with a magnifying glass.  It was only about a 1' verticle incision on my scrotum right on the raphe (seam).  I only had 3 stitches and a bead waterproofing placed on the incision.  My stitches were removed at 14 days.  At 21 days neither my wife nor I could find the incision scar.

Some use a scrotal approach with a horizontal incision which is more difficult to hide.  Also, some use an infra pubic approach that requires a horizontal incision in the pubic fat pad above the penis.  You have to depend on a regrowth of pubic hair to hide that scar.  In my view, the infra pubic approach is fraught with many more drawbacks than just the scar.  Tube routing and potential nerve damage are just two concerns.

skunkworks

Vertical on the scrotum seems like far more sensible approach for a number of reasons, why that is not the standard? I wouldn't have even known to ask about whether there were other options with regards to the incision.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hawk

I am almost certain that Alibaba had both the infra-pubic and the scrotal approaches since I know he had a revision from an AMS by Dr. Milam to a Titan by Dr. Kramer.  Is revision operation is on youtube.

Those that would argue for infra-pubic would claim faster recovery and maybe less chance of infection but no doctor has you cycling your implant, taking baths, and having sex faster than Dr. Eid and no doctor has a documented lower infection rate.

Alibaba

Quote from: Tsanchez12369 on October 18, 2018, 09:44:03 PM
Is the rejuveness tape silicone?

Looks like I have it wrong. The Rejuvenes tape is made to use with silicone sheets.  Attached is from the box. this is the best tape I have ever found for wound care and for t-tapes, it will last a week with a 16 oz weight hanging from it.
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders