Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
PROFILE -> FORUM PROFILE -> SIGNATURE
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a Total Crisis Over my Congenital Penile Curve  (Read 228 times)

Raindrops

• PDS Newbie
Having a Total Crisis Over my Congenital Penile Curve
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:30:28 AM »

So I've been having a real crisis over my congenital penile curve to the point I've felt like I could puke. My penis curves down and to the left, and it has for as long as I can remember.

I'm 27 years old and it had never been a problem before. There was no pain and I could masturbate just fine. I've been single my entire life too, so my curve was a non-issue.

I remained a virgin until just January of this year because I wanted my first time to be in a relationship with someone I loved. That never happened though and I decided I was tired of waiting and wanted to try sex while I was young, so I started hooking up.

I'm gay and I exclusively have sex with men. During my hookups I noticed none of my partners had penises that curved like mine. If they curved at all they curved up in a strong, healthy way. I've been fortunate enough to have very attractive partners and their perfect penises began to make me feel very self-conscious.

I started doing reading about penile curvatures and felt utter despair and hopelessness as I read about how uncommon they are (<1%) and saw words like ”deformity" and "birth defect." Suddenly, I'm Quasimodo and I don't know what to do. I'm not confident enough, nor do I have enough positive things in my life for me to be capable of coping with having a deformed dick. I honestly felt like I wanted to die.

The ironic part here is I'm the receptive partner during sex and that's what I prefer. I don't have a desire nor need to penetrate anything. Even so, I'm ashamed of the way my penis looks (gay men are very visual). Occasionally, my partners want to give me a bj or handjob. I let them but I feel embarrassed the whole time. I don't want anyone to see it.

I've been to the urologist and he felt around on me confirming that there was no plaque, and that I wasn't suffering with Peyronie's disease. We discussed if it was congenital and he wanted me to bring in photos of it erect. We discussed surgery too.

I haven't gone back yet but I've done a lot of research since I saw him and I'm feeling so worthless and ashamed that I want to have the surgery just so I don't have to take this major blow to my self-esteem. Do you think I should go for it? If you had surgery how are things now? Are you satisfied?

Monty

• Major Contributor
  • Going Straight from now on.
Re: Having a Total Crisis Over my Congenital Penile Curve
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 03:08:23 AM »

Hi, go for it or stay as you are for life and eternity, so my vote is go for surgery.
67 UK, erectile dysfunction from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 50 mg Sildenafil every other day, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in My Life.

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »

As a gay man I can say many others out there have no issues w their partners having a curved dick.  Heck, you can even let potential partners know ahead of time-even w pics such as on Grindr-and you’ll find these guys.  I think thus is just a self esteem issue which so many of us struggle with.  I would’ve very cautious about surgery because it will shorten your penis if plication and if plication or grafting can cause erection problems as a side effect.  PM he if you’d like to discuss further.
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS 18cm + 3rte

JS1991

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »

Raindrops, if this was less of an issue before you started reading about "birth defects" and your partners want to give you handjobs and blowjobs, have never complained about your penis in the process, but you won't let them because it makes you feel uncomfortable, it seems this is mostly in your head. Own your penis and be proud of it! I am not gay but I assume confidence crosses over into your world as well as a form of attraction. If after that you still feel uncomfortable, you can assess your options and go from there. But I feel your situation should not be considered a "total crisis". There are members on this board who have no use of their penis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up