Best chronic stage treatment

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyjim

I have read that urologists are now prescribing Pentox in either acute or chronic stage now but what are the best treatment options for the chronic stage anyway?

I'm trying to do the best that I can but I'm only taking Pentox at the moment. Is it worth taking anything else or not?

33yo, single
severe ed caused by injury to cs, soft glans, lack of sensation
penile implant: ams lgx 700

sonnyjim

33yo, single
severe ed caused by injury to cs, soft glans, lack of sensation
penile implant: ams lgx 700

Hawk

Sonny,

You have been on the forum for well over a year and made hundreds of posts.  I am a little surprised that you ask such a basic question.  The very first "Introduce Yourself" area has a "Peyronies Survival Guide" in it to bring brand new members up to speed on the basics.  Here is a paragraph from that document which should have been the first thing you read over a year ago.

The list of first-line treatments recommended by the PDS is a combination of those recommended by leading urologists combined with over-the-counter treatments that have resulted in the best reports of success from our thousands of members.  Some of these have clinical studies supporting their benefit in treating Peyronies. These are first-line treatments because they are less invasive and have the least risk of negative side effects.  They are supplements (food-based nutrients) or lifestyle changes with few if any risk of negative side-effects.  In fact, they are likely to benefit your general overall health.
CO Q10 - 200 - 400 mg daily divided into 2 or 3 doses. (If over 40 yrs old, consider substituting the more expensive Ubiquinol)
Acetyl L-Carnitine 1.5 - 3 grams per day divided into 2 or 3 dose
L-arginine 1.5 - 3 grams per day divided into 2 or 3 doses
Try to minimize stress by getting plenty of good sound sleep and moderate exercise.
DO NOT USE TOBACCO PRODUCTS
Consider researching and going on an anti-inflammation diet
Erections with oxygen-laden blood supply are good but any rough sex or intercourse with an inadequate erection is risky.

The next line is to see a good doctor and hopefully, start -  Pentox and an ED drug along with over-the-counter, L-Arginine.  The combination of these 3 items is referred to as a PAV cocktail
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums