Minimal discomfort at resevoir

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

If Merrix (same reservoir, same surgeon) is on this forum.  I am wondering if at 9 weeks I should feel any discomfort when doing Bulgarian split squats?  I use 45lb dumbells ( I only weigh 150lb)

When I squat on my left leg I feel a slight strain at my reservoir.  I had previous robotic surgery and was told by Dr. Eid that he might have to do a second incision since my organs were rearranged (what a nice thought).  He did NOT do the 2nd incision so I am wondering if it is always going to cause a minor issue or if it is normal.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Hawk, I know Dr Eid recommends fully draining the implant in the early days so the reservoir doesn't encapsulate at a smaller size resulting in auto inflammation later.  Did he indicate when this is no longer an issue?  4, 6, 8 weeks?  Could this be related to what your experiencing?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Quote from: Tsanchez12369 on October 10, 2018, 10:53:13 PM
Hawk, I know Dr. Eid recommends fully draining the implant in the early days so the reservoir doesn't encapsulate at a smaller size resulting in auto-inflation later.  Could this be related to what you're experiencing?

Dr. Eid indicated that for the first 3 months you need to make sure all the fluid is in the reservoir except when inflating, for the reason you indicated.  I do that and the reservoir has no problem holding all the fluid with no slight sign of discomfort for days.  It is only when I do one or two exercise movement usually involving a squat with the left leg (such as a lunge) that I feel some tenderness.  I suspect if I did ab work I might feel it as well.  If I think of it I will call him tomorrow and ask if it is associated with issues because of my prior prostate surgery or if it will likely disappear.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Thanks Hawk, important to know to fully deflate for at least 3 months.  I didn't know the timeframe.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.