Hard flaccid when cold

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

I only have hard flaccid when I'm cold. Does anyone else have this issue? Would it help to avoid the cold or could the cold make my symptoms worse over time?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

TonySa

If it's only when your cold it may not be hard flaccid but a normal physiological response.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

LWillisjr

I completely agree. When warm the Tunica relaxes, and when cold the opposite happens. The Tunica tightens up. Remember the old Sienfeld episode........   "It shrinks?"
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Username

LWillisjr

Are you saying that you agree that the cold could make symptoms worse over time, or that it may not be hard flaccid? I believe it could be both because I have never heard anyone talk about having hard flaccid only in the cold. But my penis can look horrible when I'm in the cold(severe hourglassing and 20 degree bend to the right, no significant length loss though), but when I am at a comfortable temperature, my penis only has 2 small dents with no bend and hangs straight down. Does this not sound like hard flaccid? Also I love Seinfeld
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

LWillisjr

No I am not agreeing that it would make things worse. Just saying when you are cold it is a natural response for your scrotum and penis to "shrink". It is your body's way to keep your sperm at a constant temperature.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Username

I want to add to this topic again just to make clear what I was saying previously. When my body temperature is at a comfortable warm temperature, my penis has hardly any deformities. Sometimes it will look completely normal. But if the temperature is just cold enough to give me goosebumps, I get very bad hourglassing and bending. Now if this is just temporary and does not worsen my symptoms over time, then I won't mind going into the cold. But if being cold can make my symptoms worse over time, that really limits a lot of things I can do. So maybe it sounds like I'm repeating myself but this is very strange to me because I don't see anything about this on the forum, and it is a huge factor of my Peyronies symptoms.

TonySa

I've never heard of cold aggravating peyronies, Just one study that showed heat applied twice a week was somewhat helpful.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.