3rd round of xiaflex...

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfriction

I just had my 3rd round of Xiaflex shots. The first two rounds did nothing. Hopefully third time's a charm. I'm starting to get really bummed out.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TDix

Any complications with first two rounds?  If you've seen my thread you'll know why I ask.
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TonySa

Good luck!  Are you adding traction?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Jfriction

Knock on wood, no overly negative reactions to xiaflex. Only swelling and pain. I wear traction for 6-8 hrs a day. I use esl-40 traction. I can wear it eadilu, even at work. Hopefully some results follow. How has xiaflex worked or not worked for you?  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

Jfriction

I haven't found your posts on the site,not sure how to find them . I am interested in reading about your experience.
relationship status, etc

TDix

JFriction, my experience is in the thread above yours.  Glad you haven't experienced any of what I'm going through.  Wouldn't wish it on anyone

Jfriction

I read what happened to you... Damn man I'm so sorry that's freaking terrible. It sounds like the whole Dr Community is trying to fix your issue. I really hope for the best for your situation man.
relationship status, etc

TDix

Thanks man, I wish nothing but success for you as well.

Bubba dawg

I went through 5 rounds before I could live with the results. 6 maybe the charm. Just not sure I want to risk it. No major problems in the way of side effects
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Jfriction

Five rounds, wow.. I just had my 4th round. Third round did nothing! My doc says that he has had patients with up to 10 rounds. What traction device did you use ? I'm ready to try something else. The ESL 40 hasn't helped at all...
relationship status, etc

Bubba dawg

Doc didnt say for me to do traction. Just the molding exercises. I never wrapped it either. 10 is a freaking lot lol. When I started treatment I could not have sex at all. Not even maturbation. Now I can do both.  Although mastubation feel like it is pulling my insides out. Orgasms are powerful. My woman still has to direct it in. Straight almost to the end then it kinks . I really would like to get rid of that kink. So it did work without traction. I have read good and bad about traction. Dont know what to believe

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Jfriction

Yes this problem we have isn't very well known. I mean before this happened I didn't know it existed. There seems to be a lot of theory and not hard facts on how to combat the problem.  
relationship status, etc

tonyode

Quote from: Bubba dawg on November 25, 2018, 03:57:15 AM
Doc didnt say for me to do traction. Just the molding exercises. I never wrapped it either. 10 is a freaking lot lol. When I started treatment I could not have sex at all. Not even maturbation. Now I can do both.  Although mastubation feel like it is pulling my insides out. Orgasms are powerful. My woman still has to direct it in. Straight almost to the end then it kinks . I really would like to get rid of that kink. So it did work without traction. I have read good and bad about traction. Dont know what to believe

I asked my doc about traction devices and he said some studies done in comparison to manual modeling and using traction devices showed that the traction devices were no better than manual modeling. I saw two urologist. First one blew me off, come back in 6 months. That wasn't good enough for me. So I researched and found what I think is a very good urologist at a major university.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Jfriction

How often do you do the modeling yourself?
relationship status, etc

Bubba dawg

I did it everyday. 3 times per day