Restorex

Previous topic - Next topic

Turin099

Hey guys. Just purchased Restorex and have been using about a week. It's my first traction device. My peyronies scar and bend is just below my penis head. My big question is the amount of tension the device is providing. My penis is on the thinner side and I feel like the device's ring at the base of my penis pushes down to envelop my scrotum causing me to lose tension. Kinda strange thing to describe so I'm not sure if you guys will understand what I mean. Hoping someone that has used other devices will give their opinion on differing tension among devices. I do feel I'm getting good stretch when using the device on 90 degree angle.  

Pfract

Hey man. Are you sure you are to bend your penis right on first week? I knew there was some restrictions when you first started using it... Also, do you want to take pictures and show what you are talking about? I am unsure I understood.

Turin099

Thanks for the reply. The instructions direct you to utilize the angular bend feature in the first week for a short duration of a few minutes. The device is comfortable. That's kinda my concern. I've been reading descriptions of traction devices for years on this website and they always sound like torture. I'm concerned I'm not getting enough tension. That's why I'm hoping someone who has used multiple devices will give their input on if they think the tension is enough. I'm also not sure if I need to add the extensions. My penis prior to peyronies was just short of six inches. I'm surprised because I thought a person would need to be sevin plus to need them. Also not sure if I'm securing the head of my penis correctly. Lots of questions but I'm pretty happy with the device. As for pics I'm a technological caveman. No idea how to do that.  

Pfract

Well... There's two or three videos from Landon trost on the restorex website, and one of them mentions exactly that. People not putting the traction device pulling on the penis ccorrectly, and pulling on the skin instead. I would take it easy for now. Better not put enough traction, than to use a lot..

How did you find the initial setup of the device? Complicated? I find it confusing..

Also... As soon as you take it off, how does your penis feel and look like?  

Turin099

I did watch the troubleshooting video the doctor put out. Lol. You don't need it in regards to the skin issue. That becomes evident about two seconds after you start using it. It's no big deal, just a quick adjustment as your extending. I find the device incredibly simple to use. The only obstacle I found was initially removing the tape from the head of my penis was pretty uncomfortable. But after about two uses of doing that I started wrapping the head with one wrap of guaze before I apply the tape. Visually my penis appears like if you had been using manual tension and let go. A bit wrinkly. The head looks a bit compressed but no biggie. I've been using a Soma pump right after traction every other day. The days I don't, I just use heat and use my imagination to attain a quick erection just to get a bit blood flow. Everything is fine afterwards. My flaccid penis hangs lower and feels normal. Like I stated in my previous message I've been reading the traction board for a couple of years and while there are exceptions, the impression I've walked away with is that a lot of the devices are torture. Because my issue is right under the head of my penis I've ruled out any traction devices that use a noose. I did purchase a Phallason Forte when they first hit the market. Holy mackerel, talk about complicated and uncomfortable putting it on and taking it off. And expensive with the rubber hats. One thing about this disease is that there's an expensive learning curve. I hope people find what works for them though. I've only been using this for two weeks so I'm no expert at traction. Schedule wise I've just been doing what's comfortable for me. A couple of days on and then a day off if I feel I need one. I know consistency is key with traction but I don't want to obsess. This disease has already impacted my life enough. Sorry for blabbing on. By the way, what therapies have you tried?

Pfract

So far? Nothing. I want to buy the restored as well. Going to book an appointment with a new doctor in Toronto, no referral needed and see if wants to help me out with choosing a therapy and if some side effects appear. Really afraid to try the device...

Vvv

What do you have to lose? The only problem I see is that the device damaged the glans

Turin099

Well best of luck. I know there are a couple of big name doctors guys often mention on this forum. Geographically none are near me. I tried a couple of doctors in my area and none were very proactive about treatments. I did the xiaflex and that was ok. Verapamil sucked. I've found that you're mostly on your own. Experimenting and trying to figure out what works for you. This forum is helpful. If you go with restorex let me know how you like it. Like I said I never tried other traction devices but from descriptions I've read this one seems pretty gentle.  

Juice

Quick question, with Ventral bending (50%),hourglassing (both sides) deformity and a (30%) curve. (I know, right!). which is the best traction should I use? Straight extension, counter bending?   I've been using Restorex for about 6 weeks, I don't know if it's working...  somedays i am beaming that it is, and then other days I'm suicidal about this entire experience.
I am starting to look into Excision and Grafting (which I swore off) out of desperation.

tell me something please
55 yrs old. Diagnosed Peyronies Disease Dec 2017 battling with it a bit longer.  Failed xiaflex, Gainswave, PRP..   underwent Excision and grafting May 10th 2019 with Dr David Peters. StonyBrook NY..

TonySa

Juice, I'd give it 6 months to see progress.  Are you able to add in any other treatment modalities such as VED, xiaflex, pentox and low dose daily PDE5 inhibitors?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Juice

Thanks Tsanchez
I do, I use a VED as well,and  I've already spend $6k on Gainswave with PRP shots (waste of money and hope) as you may know the physiological impact this has as well.  
55 yrs old. Diagnosed Peyronies Disease Dec 2017 battling with it a bit longer.  Failed xiaflex, Gainswave, PRP..   underwent Excision and grafting May 10th 2019 with Dr David Peters. StonyBrook NY..

Juice

Problem is, ventral bending isn't approved for xiaflex..  interferon and verapamil is (I think) except the side affects are crazy.  I've been using Restorex and VED.   I would like to try the xiaflex but it's o damn expensive !  Out of desperation I was convinced and tried Gainswave and I will tell you all Do not waste your money $6000 if you're trying to help Peyronies!  It's a bust.

Pfract

Juice: i could not agree more with you, on that. Also... are you using Restorex correctly?

TonySa

If xiaflex isn't an option, I'd continue w traction, VED, and consider adding pentox, low dose daily PDE5 inhibitors and maybe supplements.  Maybe tell yourself how long you're willing to give it (6/9 mos?) before resorting to surgery?  Hang in there man!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Juice

Thank you all..   I am using it exactly the way I should (as per videos) I was also incorporating the counterbending and (VED) but now just sticking with the straight traction.  Problem is, as good as Restorex is there isn't much explanation for ventral counterbending.   So I've just assumed straight traction would be best.   I must wait until January rolls around for the xiaflex shos though because of expense. 80% is covered by insurance but it's still $650 for each visit (cycle) and I need 4 within 6-8 weeks.   I never thought I'd consider the grafting or any other surgery options but as you may know this is definitely F^@$!ng with my brain

TonySa

Def ask for xiaflex financial assistance from the pharmaceutical company.  If you email restorex they will give specific instructions for a ventral curve.

Juice

How do I ask the pharmaceutical company for help?   Also, let me ask, has anyone tried interferon? How is it compared to xiaflex? Verapmamil? And has anyone seen any good studies that are current?  Everything I find is always 5-10 years old!  I can't believe this isn't something they're working on constantly!

TonySa

Nothing current in interferon, seems to have lost favor after xiaflex came out.  

Juice

Does anyone know why Xiaflex is not approved from Ventral bending? Naturally the only shining light I may have, is restricted from the area I am having the most problems with!  

Hawk

Because they cannot inject in and around the urethra that runs through the spongiosium on the ventral plane of the penis.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Juice

ok. Thank you, but how come they can inject Verapamil or Interferon?

Bachelek

Can Restorex bend just under the glans?
There is the place where my plaque is.
66 yr, 30deg left curve.

TonySa

I believe it can, but I'd email them w any specific questions such as if it can bend just under the glans.

Whitestone2022

Mine is 2 inchs from the tip upward and that seams to work with the restorex. I think i am down to 40 from 60 degree bend.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

lmn25

That's great news, congrats on the improvement. How long have you been using the device? And are you doing the recommended 15 mins straight and 15 minutes angled, twice a day?

I'm on week 2 of wearing it twice a day (I had to work up to that) and I'm wondering how long it may be before I could see some improvement.  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Whitestone2022

I wish i could get two sessions in a day, but i get one for sure after my shower i. The morning. I am doing 15 min staright and bent.  I am up to the third position, 90 degrees, it hurts for a minute then when it relaxes its not so bad.
relationship status, etc

TonySa

Great improvement Whitestone.  How long have you been using restorex and is it combined w any other treatments?

Whitestone2022

I have been using resorx for about 5 months, however i had a few small breaks, like a few days at a time, but not muchlonger than that. Since my last post i might have decrease another 5 degrees.
relationship status, etc

Pfract

That's very nice to read whitestone. Safe to say you are very pleased with the device?  

Whitestone2022

I would say so, i am seeing results, althoguh my head gets a bit sore from the clamp.
relationship status, etc

Pfract

I was reading the manual a while back, and if that was the case it meant you were clamping down too hard. Shouldn't you double check that?  

Whitestone2022

You have to clamp down with a significant force to keep from sliding out.
relationship status, etc

TonySa

5 months and down 42% is excellent!  

Whitestone2022

I have notived recently the lump where my scar tissue is is now starting to elongate.
relationship status, etc