Worries after modified Nesbit procedure

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulhere

Hello everyone,

I'm 23 years old and I had a modified Nesbit plication for my congenital curvature 2 weeks ago. My curve was about 60 degrees ventral (downwards), located near the base of the penis and my length was 20cm (7,87inches) on the cuvred side, and 17cm (6,7inches) on my shorter side.
My procedure went without complications at first, I wasn't circumsized and my doctor said I will lose 2cm (0,8inches) maximum.
On the second day of my hospital stay, when the nurse took off my bandages, there was some bleeding. I had some additional stiches done and after an hour passed I felt a severe pain down there. It turned out the bleeding wasn't from my skin, but somewhere from tunica albuginea and I had a huge hematoma. It was drained manually after cutting some of the stiches. I stayed at the hospital for a few more days and adter bleeding stopped, I was sent home without much words of advice, how to handle the situation.

Every night I have very strong nocturnal erections, even though I take 10mg of diazepam. It feels like the stiches may tear at any moment. On top of that the erections were very straight at the start, but their size was greatly decreased. It looked like I lost 7cm (2,75inches), I had 13cm (5,1inches).

At this point the bruising and swelling has gone down considerably and the erections are a little bit less painful. My degloving site is itching and aching a bit and there is some scar tissue I can feel under my preputum, but I guess it will eventually break down.

I have a few worries and I'd like to ask you, if anyone of you had similar experiences:
1) First, the shortening. Is it possible, that it's temporary? I kind of regained 1cm right now, but it feels like my erections are at maximum strength... Is it possible it's the hematoma? I still have a little swelling from it left on the left side of my penis.
2) I find it very hard to pull the prepuce down, how soon will it be possible fully? I'm afraid I'll develop phimosis, but I don't know if I can stretch it in any way.
3) When it comes to stretching, do you advice doing any penis physiopherapy, like massaging it, allowing it to be erect or very gentle stretching?
4) The base of my left corpus Cavernosum seems to be quite enlarged and it pulls my penis to the left side a bit. It's located a bit under the  leftover hematoma and between them there's a kind of notching I can see when I'm erect. It looks like my penis is bending to the left because of this, and the notching goes to the lower side also, so it also kind of curves down too. Is it also temporary?
5) After each night I have some fluids leaking from under my prepuce, they are yellowish and my doctor said it's propably just lymph and some of the hematoma that's breaking down, but shouldn't the stiches be dissolved by now and it should be clean and dry? I find it very hard to clean myself there.

I'm sorry for being very descriptive, but I'm stressed out very much and I'm not seeing my doctor until the next friday propably. I don't know if anything that's happening now should be worrying enough to go to him earlier? I don't want to start panicking, bu it's totally not what I was expecting. Especially losing 3 times as much length as I hoped. I know it is still about average and usable, but it looks like I had half of my penis cut off, I just can't imagine how it happened.

I will be very grateful for any info or advice. Thank you. :)

Hawk

You said, "I'm sorry for being very descriptive, but I'm stressed out very much and I'm not seeing my doctor until the next Friday probably. "
First of all, welcome to the forum Paul.  I know this is largely a Peyronies Disease forum but you are welcome here.  Your detail and thorough description were the great things about your post so no need to apologize.  Unfortunately, I am not very knowledgeable about plication surgery at least not like someone who has been through it.  Hopefully, some of the guys that have been will jump in and respond to some of your concerns.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.

Hoping for the best outcome for you.
Hawk.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Vvv

From what I have read from people who got surgery you should be like your shorter side with some time

redbullmaster

Hi Paul,

1) Your penis retracts from the surgery, it takes some time but your size will come back.

2)You just come out of surgery there's swelling and your penis needs to heal so don't touch it, there's no need at this point.

3) Yes, it helps with healing the retraction, but check with your doc
Just pull your penis straight out in front of you every time you go for a pee for a couple of minutes.

4)  I would say its your hematoma causing this, when the blood clears it should be ok

5) It takes time it was a very stressful operation on your penis, I had the same issue

Paulhere

Thank you, Hawk, for the warm welcome.
And thank you, redbullmaster, for your answers. Have you also had Nesbit done?

Deep inside I think just the same about my condition now, as what you wrote, but this postoperation time is so stressful and confusing, that I just need some reassurance.

I guess I will try to touch my penis the least possible until the next friday and see what my doc says about my issues. I'll let you all know, so that maybe someone with similar problems can find some comfort in it at a later time,. Because I have high hopes for good news only! :P

I think I will postpone starting stretching until then also, I read somewhere it's beneficial after a month or so from the operation, I'll also write here, what my urologist says about it.

Another question, that popped in my head just now: What do you think of taking baths after surgery? I've seen some pamphlets online that said it was prohibitied until 2 weekd post-op and I took one yesterday. I kept the water quite warm, but not scorching hot, but after I got out there was a lot of fluids leaking from under my prepuce. Obviosuly not water, but this lymph/blood stuff. It felt kind of like a relief and I had a great night sleep today (first painful erection at 5am and I always waked up at 2am before), but still, it was very strange.

Another thought: for everyoen undergoing the procedure, the lack of ability to relieve sexual tension ionside can be a beneficial thing! Just focus it in aby other way. I myself am preparing myself for a hard routine of dieting and muscle workout. If I survived the procedure and this horrible tiem afterwards, then why not change other complexes also? :)

Hawk

Baths should be determined by the surgeon.  Some incisions can be waterproofed.  I took baths after 3 days with my implant.  Some with the same surgery are told to wait a month before sitting in water.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

mst

The baths is not recommended for 7-8 weeks. You should avoid that.

Jesteś z Polski? Kto Cię operował?

Paulhere

Hey, I've seen my doctor, so I can make a little update.

As for the final length, it stays an unknown. It will be possible to evaluete it after all the fibrosis and swelling goes down, it may even be months from now.

And as for the possible phimosis and the degloving site in general (also the hole leaking fluid), the doctor told me to move the prepuce down always when I use the toilet, and as many times daily I can. It's not natural for the penis skin to stay locked in one position all the time and the swelling and regenerative tissues cause that, so I'm supposed to move it, to decrease the chances of adhesions forming under the skin.
Baths help in that too, so I just take a bath and move down as much skin, as I can. And now I can take prepuce down amost like I used to before the operation and the stiches are starting to fall off. The degloving area can heal over many weeks, so I'm supposed not to worry about the hole and just let the fluid leak out and disinfect the area afterwards.

What worries be the most, my doctor doesn't know what caused the narrowing and bending of my penis. It might be that it's just some connective tissue left after hematoma dissolved, so hopefully it will disappear with time. It's not constant, sometimes it's almost like a 30 degree curve, and sometimes it's barely noticable, so there are some changes happening all the time. I try to just not focus on that. And a small lateral bend is nothing, when I compare it with how it looked  like before.

Amnd there's the general rule, that anything that happens now is a big unknown, because the effect of the operation can only be evalueted after the 3 month period of regneration.
So for everyone with this procedure in plans- just stay calm, prepare yourself for the pain and the changes down there and that's it. :)

kusher

Is your surgeon a reconstructive uroligist that has a fellowship in sexual medicine? The answer of this question will lessen your concerns  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc