Just Started Restorex... Loss of Morning Wood?

Previous topic - Next topic

lmn25

Hey guys - I started using the restorex 3 days ago. I'm following the recommended time of treatment that comes in the guide book (8 mins straight and 2 minutes against the curve for the first 2 days). I've noticed that I have not woken up with morning wood since I started doing the traction. I can sexually stimulate myself and still achieve erection but it feels less full to me. Is that normal with traction? I have round 2 of my Xiaflex treatment next week and was hoping to incorporate Restorex into my treatment, but I'm worried about continuing use of it if it's affecting my erection quality. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

-L
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Pfract

Hey man. That's one of the things that worries me the most. The thing with restorex is that it involves counterbending the penis. It sounds an amazing idea, but at the same time I am so afraid of using it and causing damage...

What would you think about just trying straight traction for now, seeing how it goes and reporting back?

lmn25

Hey pfract, thanks for the reply! The thing is that I'm mostly doing straight traction, 8 of the 10 minutes are spent doing straight traction. And even the 2 minutes that I spend doing angular force is at much less force/pressure than I'm applying for the straight. I'm going to take the day off from using the Restorex and see if my erection quality improves. If I start trying the traction again, I think I'm going to try using much less force as I'm now wondering if I need to ease into it more. Previously I was just doing the hand modeling, so this is really my first go at serious traction. I'll try to keep reporting back!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

betterbend

I have used Restorex for 3 months and stopped because I wanted to take a break for three months.  I started up again 2 weeks ago.  I have not found any interference with morning wood or erections.  I usually feel better about erection and the look of my dick when I am using it, other then my head sometimes is a little sore ....
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Gabriel

Hey lmn,

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the RestoreX, but I've been using Andropeyronie and then PMP at high tension for the past few months, and just like Betterbend I do feel the shape of my penis and the quality of my erections is better on the days/periods I'm using traction.

Furthermore, just as the other penile traction therapy devices, RestoreX has been proven to improve the erectile function score over time (although for RestoreX we only have one study).

Anyway, that does not cancel the first parameter you should comply with when using physical therapy: your own feeling. If you feel you have to take it slower, do take it slower. But don't worry about traction dispositives diminishing EQ per se.

And don't forget: if you start checking your (daily and nocturnal) erection's quality and frequency, you'll most surely have less and less good erections ^^!!

So don't freak out, take your time, go slow and cheer up: you're doing two of the best current possible therapies (RestoreX and Xiaflex), so it is very probable you'll have a nice outcome :-).

Bye,

G
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

TonySa

Also, feel free to email Dr Trost w your concerns-he's very responsive,
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

Hey op. Any updates on this? How is your erection quality now? Still using the device?  

Vvv

You also said that after the fiirst shoot of xiaflex you were not getting morning wood, just semi hard erections
So it could be due to xiaflex or it got better?

lmn25

Hey all, sorry for the delayed reply here. While going through my Xiaflex rounds, I've been trying to keep myself busy with other things other than obsessing over my Peyronies.

As far as the Restorex, I have really had a mixed experience. The initial concern about lack of morning wood is no longer an issue, however I sometimes feel that when I use the Restorex regularly, it causes me to have shooting or throbbing pains when flaccid -- the same kinds of pain I had when I first developed Peyronies. That's obviously concerning to me. As a result, I've taken another break from using it. I had worked up to doing 30 minutes twice a day as recommended, but when I start back, I think I'm going to cut back to 30 minutes once a day instead. Its very frustrating because I know that persistence is key with traction, but I'm also having to listen to my body and make adjustments when I feel pain.

Overall, however, the Xiaflex has given me some improvements in my condition. Before Round 1, I was at ~40 degrees (possibly more like 45, depending on how hard I was at time of measurement) and after two rounds, I'm at approx 30 degrees. Not exactly a miracle reduction, but I have 2 rounds left and I'm just grateful to have seen any improvement at all. Due to extenuating circumstances with my wife's pregnancy, we haven't been able to attempt intercourse, but I'm hoping that intercourse is possible/easier at that level of curvature. That's really my ultimate goal (that and getting rid of any residual pain). I'll try to do better about posting updates here, thanks for the replies and interest!
relationship status, etc

swiss

I think starting off with the high tension of the restorex is a mistake. I think you need to build up to restorex tension and you should therefore start with hand traction. I get weaker erections when I go a little too hard in the VED or with traction if I go too hard. Careful. I still make the mistake of going too hard occasionally and need to give my dick a rest for a day or sometimes two before I go back into it.  

skunkworks

Traction has always improved my erections, except when I went overboard with tension. As I understand it, Restorex uses higher tension than traditional traction devices, so it might just be too much for your penis starting out. Take a break then come back to it using the lowest possible tension the device can do.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

lmn25

Thanks guys, I agree with you regarding higher tension. I don't think I was doing anything crazy, just following the restorex guidelines of burying the white lines on the rods, but I do think that I'm going to move to one treatment session a day instead of two and see how that goes. Ultimately, I'd really like to be able to continue with the traction over a prolonged period without experiencing pain and see if I can discern any reduction in curvature.

Sidebar question -- do those of of you with at least 30 degrees curvature find that sex is possible? I know that may seem like an odd question, but where I've been abstaining and with my wife's pregnancy, we haven't attempted intercourse in quite a while and I'm nervous about how it will go once we try it. Probably a mental thing more than anything else, but I'm really hopeful that the 30 degrees will be more conducive to intercourse. When I was at 40+ degrees, we were doing more oral/manual because it was just easier overall.
relationship status, etc

skunkworks

To your first thing, I don't think doing less time at the same traction is going to help. In my singular n=1 experience, it is the amount of tension not the time at tension which causes the issue.

When I first started traction I had that issue, and my first step was to lower the time which did not help. Then I measured the traction the device was delivering and it was about 40% higher than what the manual stated it would be at each line and more importantly higher than was used in most of the successful studies. So I got some weaker springs and  from then I saw great results.

My experience is why I worry about higher tension solutions like Restorex and unmeasured solutions like manual (by hand) traction. Some, maybe most, will have no issues, others will have issues like mine and yours, and some might even be re-injured by tension that would be healing for others.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

lmn25

Hey skunk, thanks for that input, I will definitely consider that when taking up the traction again!
relationship status, etc

Pfract

Hey skunk. your post makes sense... But I was wondering.. Do you think that if a person buys restorex but uses it only for a month or two for the minimum time possible (before stretching for the manual's recommended time.. ) like 2.5/5 minutes a day only, no bending, it would limit potential problems that would arise?  

TDix

Interesting read.  I was hoping to do traction at some point but things down there for me are so messed up at the moment I don't think I'll be able to.  Good luck to all of you and hope you see positive results!
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

betterbend

Quote from: lmn25 on October 23, 2018, 08:48:22 AM

Sidebar question -- do those of of you with at least 30 degrees curvature find that sex is possible? I know that may seem like an odd question, but where I've been abstaining and with my wife's pregnancy, we haven't attempted intercourse in quite a while and I'm nervous about how it will go once we try it. Probably a mental thing more than anything else, but I'm really hopeful that the 30 degrees will be more conducive to intercourse. When I was at 40+ degrees, we were doing more oral/manual because it was just easier overall.

My curve is 38 degrees (no help from Xiaflex), and yes I have sex regularly.  I get nervous with doggie style, feel like i am in the wrong direction with my curve.  I like her on top the best with missionary second best.  I had to build confidence, but am pretty comfortable now ...
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

lmn25

betterbend: Thanks for offering your experience -- that's reassuring to me. While my overall goal is to eliminate my curve, I would be happy to just feel comfortable with intercourse again, so hopefully that will be the case for me.  
relationship status, etc

betterbend

I talked with my regular Uro and my Peyronies Uro after I failed with Xiaflex, basically both said that if the curve isnt worsening and I can have satisfactory sex with my wife, and she is satisfied too, that I should just leave things as they are.  That is what I decided to do, and I am less obsessed with it now.  I still get a little frustrated now and then, because less then 2 years ago I had a perfectly straight and functioning dick.  But I will take functioning, and occasionally make jokes about my banana curved dick ...  

lmn25

[Full quote removed - please check forum rules regarding quotes] - Admin

I think that's about as good and healthy an attitude you can have about it, honestly!  
relationship status, etc

TDix

Imn25, I too can still have intercourse with my wife, even with all the trauma I have sustained.  While slightly painful currently, I am just very careful and pay a heck of a lot of attention to what's going on down there.  Definitely not like in my 20's, but still able to connect with my wife in that way.  Just gotta be careful now
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE