How much will your penis shorten after Nesbit surgery?

Previous topic - Next topic

Vnzjh

Hello guys. If I get it right, Nesbit surgery is for those who have mild case of peyronies. Which is me. I have peyronies for about 6-8 months now. I have no pain and curvature is mild, about 10 degrees when flaccid and it is most pronounced when I have like 25% erection.

I am asking this, if I went to surgery, how much will my penis shorten? Can I expect more than 2 centimeters? I have quite long penis, but girth is average at best. Does your current penis length and girth play a role in shortening? I dont want to have penis shorter than 17cm. I am at around 19cm now.  

Hawk

If your curve is that mild why would you even consider surgery?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Vnzjh

Thats right. I dont want surgery, but I think that it is inevitable that it will get worse. Or do you think there is some chance that it could be already stabilised after those 6-8 months? My urologist prescribed me TAMOXIFEN, but I dont really think it will help after reading some studies on this. What do you think?

Hawk

It would take a wizard to predict that, especially without knowing your whole history.  If you still have pain, there is a good chance it is still active.  It is worth noting that a progression on Peyronies Disease does not always mean a worsening curve.  If plaque develops on the opposite side it could correct the curve but shorten your penis much like a plication or Nesbit Tuck procedure would.  I began with a downward curve of  about 15 degrees, then a left curve of 10 - 15 degrees, then straight, finally a right curve of 5-10 degrees.  I developed an indentation at the base on the underside of my shaft.  My bend was never enough to interfere with sex but I lost length.

Vnzjh

Well, thats interesting, because I never had pain. Could pain still come? What could it mean that I havent had pain so far?  

Monty

Hi, its a waiting game for you, as you are you should have no problem with sex, if you put surgery on old for a lest 6 months see if you get worse, then think about it.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Hawk

It would definitely make NO sense to have plication surgery while Peyronies Disease is still in the acute phase and your plaque could change and undo the results of the surgery.  I would also never have penile surgery if I could reliably have sex.  Penile surgery is not the type of thing you do just for cosmetic results.

osakadan

Quote from: Vnzjh on September 15, 2018, 02:04:40 PM
Well, thats interesting, because I never had pain. Could pain still come? What could it mean that I havent had pain so far?

I've never had pain either. Mine is an almost 90 degree angle.