Traction by hand

Previous topic - Next topic

One Op

Peeps

With regards to traction as far as i have researched there are plenty of devices that are available but you gotta use them for seems like 6hrs a day to get any results.
With regards to hand traction i think it might be a bit for effective as can work out / stretch different areas of the penis. Hence whats the recommend time re hand traction >> and any studies specifically on hand traction?

Also re a mechanical device which one is most effective / popular within us guys?

Thanks a lot  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Monty

Hi, I only use hand traction, usually 1 hour in the morning as i'm laid in bed, think you are most relaxed then, I then follow up with 15 minutes on my VED,
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Gabriel

Hey One op,

Personally, I'm still in the acute phase, and trying hand traction turned out to be not such a good idea: I almost re-injured myself, had a lot of hard flaccid, did not see or feel any improvement... But I know many guys did here, so that's just my two cents.

I do feel more confortable, safe and "properly tensed" with a traction device; about that, I had both Andropeyronie and PMP: I strongly urge you not to buy the former, but the latter (you can make a quick research among my posts to see a detailed explanation).

You might also want to wait for a couple of months so the new RestoreX mega-fancy-new-traction-device is available in Europe, but that's still very uncertain... So if you can afford it, I'd recommend you to order the PMP anyway, and try handtraction alongside if you feel like it.

Cheers!

- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

JS1991

For me personally, traction devices are hard to use because of hard flaccid. I can only stretch when my penis is relaxed, so I have certain positions I lay in to do it. I started manual traction the month I got Peyronie's and although I've lost some girth, I did not lose any length at all, and my urologist said my penis has a very good stretch to it (he stretches it to examine it) so take that for what it's worth. In my opinion, manual traction helps a lot. I feel as though I've managed to contain my curvature because of it, you just have to be careful and I would suggest using heat therapy with it. If I eventually get rid of hard flaccid I might get a device but I'm not sure yet; we'll see how I am when I get there.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

TonySa

The ESL-40 is a less expensive option than the PMP if $ is an issue.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

P1992

Hi guys,

I would like to knew what hard-flaccid means. Would it been a situation  when the penis is at rest and it get the appearance of stiffness because of the peyronie plaques or am I wrong? I also thought of a situation where parts of the penis are flaccid and hard (in this case the part of the base flaccid and the other part or half is hard, in case flaccid-hard) or the reverse (the hard base part and the other flaccid part, in case hard-flaccid). If not is this, what would it be?

54 years, self-induced peyronie
Upward curvature ~40º-50º, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and erect. Multiple plaques, loss of sensitivity, pain sometimes in a flaccid state and always on erection, axial instability and erectile dysfunction

JS1991

"hard flaccid" is the same thing that happens if you submerge suddenly in ice water. Your penis "turtles up" and the muscle itself contracts, becoming hard like a literal piece of rubber although it is still in a small flaccid state. When it happens it's like having a little stub sticking out; it doesn't lie against your leg, plump and squishy. It can be as hard as an erect penis at times. If I relax my pelvic floor, it loosens up completely and becomes more "floppy" for lack of a better term, allowing me to stretch it out. My penis will literally fluctuate between soft flaccid and hard flaccid, and that combined with my changing scar tissue and the differences between flaccid, semi-flaccid and erect mean my penis takes many forms lol.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

P1992

thanks a lot for explaining JS1991, now I understand what hard flaccid means, which is my case. What does this condition suggest in peyronie's disease? Is this a condition common to all who have the disease or not? What kind of treatment besides the traction can be used for this? It looks like you posted something about using kegel for this situation in some posting on the forum. Can you guide me where I can find it? Thanks again.
54 years, self-induced peyronie
Upward curvature ~40º-50º, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and erect. Multiple plaques, loss of sensitivity, pain sometimes in a flaccid state and always on erection, axial instability and erectile dysfunction

JS1991

p1992, To the best of my knowledge we have CPPS also known as chronic prostatitis, which is a separate issue from Peyronie's disease. It has nothing to do with the scar tissue of Peyronie's, which is a separate issue that causes curvature, reduction in size and some other issues. When you have CPPS the prostate can become a bit inflamed, you might notice you pee more frequently, you have some pain after ejaculation, you have hard flaccid, or it can hurt when you sit down. The best cure for this is abstaining from sex and masturbation, eating healthier, fasting, reducing stress, and not clenching your pelvic floor (the same muscle you clench when you have to take a crap and you hold it in).

It can also be caused by nerve issues but this is more rare.