The last word on Nitric Oxide??

Previous topic - Next topic

One Op

Hi Peeps
One Op >> 19 years old.
Been researching this forum for a while now.
Firstly wanted to say im so grateful i have access to such knowledge and info re this situation. Ive learnt so much, i would be so far behind in my understanding of this particular peyronies situation without the help and regular posts of such knowledgeable and dedicated  forum members. Thanks a lot. And pls keep at it until we cross the line  :)

Anyways > have read through every single post in the oral section till 2014. All the information makes decent sense to me and am in the midst of updating my game plan. However two links  re nitric oxide which are below have thrown me off a little bit!

From all my reading so far the forum members collectively agree upon ( based on posts and results from large number of members)  that an increased amount of nitric oxide is beneficial so one can in essence increase blood flow in the penis so can prevent further damage through hypoxia and start to reverse peyronies symptoms. Few reasons re increase in nitric oxide is so important according to my understanding:

Promote blood flow in penis (Solve the issue re hard flaccid)
Allow blood to flow through into small veins and arteries in penis and areas in the penis which might be damaged due to previous lack of blood flow or sue to scar tissue (peyronies)
Allow for better nocturnal erections (remodel scar tissue)
Hence all this blood is beneficial for penis re healing the scar tissue / veins and any damage done in penis as where oxygenated blood flows / healing also occurs
And lot of supplements that increase nitric oxide are also anti fibrotic and a great antioxidant i believe which ovbs is very beneficial to counteract peyronies

Hence the general consensus is increase in nitirc oxide is great for balancing and working back to optimal penis health. But the 2 links below (in which studies are attached talk about an increase in nitric oxide being a negative for penis health in general due to basically producing through a certain mechanism lots of reactive O2 species which is ovbs negative for the peyronies  situation.

Can some one pls shed light on these studies in a scientific manner. Is Nitric oxide in totality good for counteracting peyronies and achieving optimal penis health / bad or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks

Nitric Oxide - good or bad? - Peyronies Society Forums
NO inhibit smooth muscle growth - Peyronies Society Forums
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

One Op

Any feedback would be really helpful guys.
Currently doing as much research as possible. Im due to also write a symptom report on the forum very soon > just wanna get my research done b4 that.
Cheers  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

YoungGuy97

Hi One Op,

After reading the forums I was left with the same question.
And to be honest, I don't know the answer myself.
Hope someone can enlighten us!

YG
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

JS1991

I believe that Nitric Oxide is beneficial. In the post you linked: "NO inhibit smooth muscle growth," NeoV's response pretty much solves it for me.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)