I found a cure..

Previous topic - Next topic

memyselfandi

First of all sorry don t know if im in the right place of the website but that is not important, just want to share to those who whant to try it...i have peyronies due to jelquinq streching and other stupid crap..hourglass efect and a lump the size of a marble, was almost impossible to have erections had pain and when had a erection by hard stimulation ( half erection) the gland would not fill up because of the lump marble sized  would lose it in 2 seconds , i read and read tried serrapeptase natokinase ,crap i dont know i did a million things. so to whats important, currently doing a water fast, on my 7 day no food at all, just water, the lump is the size of a rice grain now and getting better day by day,erections mucth better and the whole penis is totaly diferent, more soft not tight at all and better blood flow..read a lot about water fasting and people say its only about 11 days and forward that its stars autophagy but since im skinny it has started earlier for me, the best is the longer you go has long has you don t pass 30 to 40 days you will be fine, its tought and its not work compatible, you get tired as F~@<..so my advise go read about water fasting take a vacation a do this once and for all so you can get back to your old self..i know there are people that are going to say that im crazy that this is not good for me etc. guess what i don t give a crap what you say, and this is probably not for you so keep injecting crap in you dick taking pills and suplements and geting surgeries, dont care, this is for people with a open mind and that are desperate and tired of this crap..do it or don t its up to you if you whant peyronies or having a bit of a hard time during the fast days but i guarantee IT WORKS. God bless and good luck

NeoV

This is being discussed on the Peyronie's and diet sticky. So far three of us have noticed our symptoms improve or greatly diminish with fasting or keto.
I'm glad to hear your case is responding.  

skunkworks

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

pey ron

@memyselfandi: how long between your onset and your improvement via water fasting?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Paolo

I presume this method is putting your body under extreme stress, dunno  :-\

Anyone living alone needs to be extremely careful fasting IMO
Paul  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

skunkworks

Hmm never thought of that, for a long water fast (past 3 days IMO) yeah that could be an added danger.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

memyselfandi

pey ron i started to notice improvements on the second day but that was just pain related, the diminished lump and hour glass was about the 4 , 5 day, but again im skinny, it all depends on your body fat, first the body goes for glucose (sugar in your body) then goes for fat, and only when you have no fat or little fat like 5 % it will start to eat fibrosis, clearing veins and arteries and replacing cells that aren t god for you and harming the body, that is what i read and that is what im experiencing..hope this works to all that try it, remember it can take more time to others, my advise is go keto get skinny and then do it..

memyselfandi

Thanks NeoV ;) do it man you whont regret it

NeoV

I still do some intermittent fasting, and am not opposed to a short water fast in addition to keto.

Regardless of whether or not fasting autophagy can rid humans of scar tissue (I strongly believe it can based on the limited research), intermittent fasting or gets at the true root cause of Peyronie's.

For me, intermittant fasting alone is not enough. I really have to cut out carbs permanently, or massively reduce them. The results have been absolutely profound. I have zero doubts in my mind that the disease is largely metabolic.

skunkworks

I don't think it has much to do with body fat percentage though, as I was seeing unmistakable benefit from 48 hour fasts and I'd be around 15%-16%.  

memyselfandi

skunkworks good for you.. has i said i just came here to help people and tell them what is working for me and hope it works for them, what you think if fat doens t or has anything to do with it its up to you and what you bealive, do what you think its best for you..

Neo V for sure man carbs ar the root of all evil and i whent vegan for a year give or take, and meat has cq10 arginine and a lot of other things that go against peyronies..dont know if it had anything to do with it, but from now how full carnivore diet and 0 carbs. meat and fish only

NeoV

That's right Skunworks.

New research is showing that getting fat is actually the correct response to insulin resistance. It's those of us who are still thin with it that die of more heart disease, cancer, and other issues. This explains partly, the obesity paradox. There is good data to support this. This does not mean that obese people are safe at all, but points to something interesting.

As far as Peyronie's etiology, I have founds some very interesting things this year and recently about how mitochondria work. It isn't so much that meat has CoQ10, it's that every time your mitochondria take the electron from the glucose molecule, fat usage (beta oxidation) is blocked inside the mitochondria. This causes CoQ10 production within the body to be low, and a range of other issues. CoQ10 is an endogenous antioxidant, produced by the body, along with SOD, Glutathione, and a few others. Beta oxidation and the proper usage of fats is essential for CoQ10 to be available. Another interesting thing to note is that glucose dependant mitochondria and insulin resistance results in lower nitric oxide levels, and increased calcium within the cells.

I spend multiple hours every day researching this stuff. My understanding of it is getting more and more complete, and I am working on writing it into a large "paper" or post explaining it.

My YouTube video covers some basics on mitochondria, keto, and Peyronie's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0oafzSApw
I know much much more now (still not enough), and need to make a new video on this topic.

NeoV

Let me add this,

There is a reason why ALCAR may help with Peyronie's and fibrosis. That is because ALCAR directly assists in beta oxidation.

zipolite

I have had peyronies for 8 years. There was that one occurrence and it did not cause any issue as it was a slight curve upwards. It did not progress until a month ago. Now added a curve to the left.

During those 8 years I was running two marathons a year. So I was in training for 40 weeks a year.  I also cycled as part of that training. So, in the last year i have really cut back, still leading a healthy lifestyle but not anywhere near the endurance stuff I was up to before. Coincidence? hmmm.

NeoV. I like your approach to attacking peyronies.

Most of my fat comes from plants, nuts and seeds. Is that sufficient or should I be including more animal fats
65 – yrs

Peyronies Disease since July 2018 – 35 degrees to the left - treatment started Sept 1 

Treatment;  Oral – ALCAR, L-Carnitine, CO Q 10. Diet; low carb and time restricted eating (6 to 8 hours). Manual traction, introduced VED Nov 1. Exercise regular

zipolite

:)
Never mind that last question....just go to the internet zipo.... :-X
65 – yrs

Peyronies Disease since July 2018 – 35 degrees to the left - treatment started Sept 1 

Treatment;  Oral – ALCAR, L-Carnitine, CO Q 10. Diet; low carb and time restricted eating (6 to 8 hours). Manual traction, introduced VED Nov 1. Exercise regular

Gabriel

Hey guys,

Another fascinating thread, along with the one about Peyronies Disease and diet... I have not come often on the forum lately, but hell it's worth it ^^!!

Two cents here: I have come back to 16h fasting for 2-3 months, which I naturally do every summer. As always, I felt from it a great relief regarding general health, mood, and global inflammation level. The pain I have from my Peyronies Disease subsided a lot too, but it's absolutely impossible for me to say how much I should attribute to fasting, as it coincided with the beginning of my PRP/HA injections treatment.

Just a nuance however: Neo, I don't always answer or comment, but I read your posts with great interest and follow closely your reflexions about Peyronies Disease, diet & insulin. Since July, I have greatly diminished carbs, for Peyronies Disease but also for loosing fat (I practice weightlifting, swimming and stuff) after a quite big muscle mass build up this year, which unfortunately came with quite a bit of fat too (I quit smoking along the way...). Well, I undoubtedly felt great benefits from this reduction, but I also experimented very, very hard times when going under, say, 80 - 100g of carbs a day for more than a week (--> zero energy, zero sex drive, zero motivation, much negativity, incapability to do sport properly, mindfog...). And yes, I think I've been eating a lot of good proteins and good fats (maybe not enough?)...

So even if I'm 100% convinced of the influence of insulin on Peyronies Disease, I'm still reluctant to properly try this kind of HFLC diet, not to mention going keto! So how did it go for you guys ?
- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

NeoV

Yo Gabriel, if you struggle with high fat low carb, then you need it the most. It means your body is not using the fats efficiently, which is what I'm suggesting is causing the Peyronie's. Mitochondria relying on glucose causes a lot of ROS and a host of problems, leading to different problems for different people: being fat, getting cancer, Alzheimer's, and even fibrotic disorders.

It will take several months for your mitochondria to shift and repair their mutations. Your mitochondrial pool needs to recreate itself.

On a practical level, have enough salt and fat and you should feel fine. Low salt usually is the culprit of extreme fatigue starting keto.

That said, I am still trying to come to a full understanding of this and will post back in more detail as time goes on. The obvious objection is the genetic component, but genes are not hard set rules, in that they can be worked around and even turned on or off with diet like switches.

skunkworks

@Gabriel, one of the more common problems some people run into is when they lower carbs but are still eating enough to stay out of ketosis. So essentially you've drastically reduced the glucose, but you're having just enough to stop your body from relearning how to create and use ketones efficiently.

Gabriel

Neo, Skunk, thanks for your answers!!

I suscribe to your hypothesis!! And it's true I've been eating almost only pasta each day of my life from 20 to 28 (I mean, really  ;D), even if I've always been fit (but always had mild-diarrhea for these years...), this might have done some damage on a genetically predisposed ground...

I do intend to stay as carb low as I can for the moment, keep on revitalizing my metabolism with some HIIT cardio I have been neglecting for 6 months (feels so good), and then try to conciliate weightlifting/swimming and reducing even more the carbs. Thanks for the salt tip, it's true I had reduced my salt intake too!

Just a few more questions for you experts:
1) I think I read in the Peyronies Disease & diet thread that low carb = less than 30g a day; is that correct?

2) When we say "low carb", I guess we of course forget reffined sugars and processed carbs (which I already banned 6 months ago), but I guess we also proscribe carbs coming from good stuff such as whole rice, lentils, peas (sigh...)?

3) Have you ever been able, or concretely seen someone able to conciliate muscle building / HIIT swimming with keto diet (I know it should be theoretically possible, but...)?

4) I do not want, or I just can not forgo my saturday alcoholish night with friends, my once-in-a-while good high carbs restaurant, chocolate bar, huge Italian family meal, etc. This kind of thing happens only like one or two times a week ever since I reformed my diet 1-2 years ago, and it does not seem to cause me great harm as long as it remains this rare. Will it be a problem to have such exceptions while going keto??

Thanks again guys ;-)!

- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

skunkworks

I've got to be straight up with you here, in my experience 'near enough is good enough' or 80/20, just did not apply. Results were only seen when I was seriously strict*, and the absolute best results were when I put myself in a reasonable amount of discomfort with water fasting.

*Not just with food, but with sleep and exercise also.  

NeoV

You can build muscle on keto (I am doing it finally), and a lot of guys online are doing it. You will want to do higher reps with lower weight, which is just as effective as heavy weights according to more recent research anyway.

I agree, you need to be strict. You cannot have pasta even once a week without ruining yourself and your insulin levels (at least for me). One thing I will warn you of is suddenly eating carbs like pasta after being low carb for a while. That is pretty dangerous and you can get "re-feeding syndrome" and even die in extreme cases. Sudden blood glucose variations should be avoided. In fact, sudden blood glucose variations is what CAUSES insulin resistance and the mitochondrial damage. I will say though that after doing keto for over a year, I can eat carbs like pasta and I won't feel any negative side affects. This doesn't mean it's okay for me now, but I am sure that my body adapted and I have been "metabolically reprogrammed" to a large degree.

The genes Peyronies Disease and DD sufferers have overactive are the Wnt genes. This pathway is activated by excess glucose.

Keto has unique benefits over fasting to stop fibrosis, such as beta-hydroxybutarate inhibiting both tgf-beta and HDAC gene expression. Inhibiting HDAC gene expression prevents fibrosis.

I'll do a more detailed write up another time.

skunkworks

Quote from: NeoV on September 05, 2018, 08:22:38 AMI will say though that after doing keto for over a year, I can eat carbs like pasta and I won't feel any negative side affects.

So do you think it's possible to reset yourself back to baseline (ancient human normal) as if you had never lived years with super elevated glucose/insulin ?

NeoV

It is absolutely possible to return to a somewhat "normal" state, as research has clearly shown that diabetes type 2 and even 1 to a degree can be reversed and basically cured with a low carb or ketogenic diet. But because modern glucose sources (bread, pasta, potatoes, etc) are NOT "normal," once you begin eating them again you will be immediately beginning down a path toward damage.

Not everyone seems to take this damage as hard as others, and we all take this damage differently. Some get cancer, some get heart disease, some get Peyronie's, but the source of the problem seems to me to be the same. Not only do people respond to the damage differently, but each organ has it's own metabolic profile or mitochondrial pool. Japanese people don't get fat, they get melasma on their skin and then dementia. One person can have perfectly fine insulin levels levels in their blood, but their brain is severely insulin resistant (Alzheimer's). The same may be true for the smooth muscle of the heart, and smooth muscle of the penis. Research indeed shows that heart disease is an energy crisis of the heart spurred by insulin resistance.

JS1991

I am so happy to have seen this thread because I've been planning on doing a long water fast, broken with a ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting. I always felt this would be key to resolving a lot of issues but I'm glad to see someone's testimonial on the subject. How long of a water fast can one do? I plan on going as long as possible for maximum autophagy. Luckily I have about 50 pounds of fat to lose with a lot of muscle underneath, and from what I've read you don't lose muscle during a water fast, so I've been focusing on bulking up with high weight/low rep weightlifting in preparation for a change in diet and low weight/high rep weightlifting; you end up retaining all strength and leaning out at the same time.

Anyway, that was a bit of a ramble. Anyone else that tries a water fast out, please let us know your results! I plan on doing mine after my next round of stem cell injections to maximize the regenerative potential in combination with autophagy. This forum is awesome, we seem to have "experts" in every field (traction, ved, diet, stem cells, shockwave, oral supplements... everything!).

Edit: Gabriel, I know of athletes on a keto diet that have had a hard time without carbs. For example, George St. Pierre's head coach, Firas Zahabi, can not train multiple times a day and run practices without them, so he does a keto diet but anytime he trains, he adds a tiny amount of carbs to his meal beforehand for energy, which in turn get burned off during practice, and then goes back to normal keto throughout the day. I'm considering doing this myself. It is secondhand knowledge though; some people like Neo would know better than me whether or not such a thing could work while doing keto. I think it may be possible if the workout is intense enough.

memyselfandi, Did you break your fast yet? Did you regain any of your lost size?
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

One Op

I spend multiple hours every day researching this stuff. My understanding of it is getting more and more complete, and I am working on writing it into a large "paper" or post explaining it.

My YouTube video covers some basics on mitochondria, keto, and Peyronie's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0oafzSApw
I know much much more now (still not enough), and need to make a new video on this topic.
[/quote]

Cant wait for your post whenever it comes NeoV.
Also did you get my message?

Cheers G
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Gabriel

Hey folks!

Neo, Skunk, thanks a lot for your answers and your detailed explainations; this is truly fascinating. As I'm not anything of a "near enough is good enough" person, I perfectly understand your recommendations regarding keto. I have to be honest with myself: for the moment, I'm not psychologically and socially ready to go for it; but I know it will come naturally someday, just like stopping smoking/junk food/daily porn came, and just like totally stopping vaping will.

Neo, can't wait to read your detailed paper by the way; you have all our support man!

JS, thanks for this information, which, even from second hand, seems very interesting. Actually, this nutriment cycling is more or less what I have been doing for 2 weeks now, ie eating carbs only on training days, and in low amount (whole brown rice before, peas or lentils after). It's surely not serious enough to induce ketosis, but I've been feeling great ever since, still loosing fat (veeeeery slowly but steadily) and not having ANY problem regarding energy, mood, headaches, etc. I do recommend it, along with a HIIT cardio training once to twice a week (and for that, swimming is really the best).

pey ron

Quote from: pey ron on September 03, 2018, 02:38:24 AM
@memyselfandi: how long between your onset and your improvement via water fasting?

by onset i meant the onset of your condition (peyronie's). What I wanted to know is how many months or years you had had Peyronie's before you tried water fasting for a week and saw some result?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

pey ron

Quote from: NeoV on September 03, 2018, 08:47:04 AM
There is a reason why ALCAR may help with Peyronie's and fibrosis. That is because ALCAR directly assists in beta oxidation.

can you explain more about beta oxidation?

also: ALCAR needs to be taken together with ALA.

ALA needs to be taken every 3 hours or else it will stir up your mercury and then let it deposit in some other tissue instead of being excreted.

Result: you can't have a full contiguous 8 hours of sleep at night...
relationship status, etc

zipolite

So based on what I have read in this thread, I have started a Keto diet, ...in the 5 th day actually. The first couple of days I had a lot of hunger pangs and by the third it had subsided. I am trying to keep within 30 carbs a day, some days more, some less. I don't believe i have hit the consistent fat burning stage yet.

I ran last evening at a moderate pace for 8k and likely shifted from carb to fat burning about half way through. That process usually took longer in the past. So my carb stores are definitely down.

So a question for those with experience on the diet. Do you factor in 'net carbs' in your daily intake? My thinking is that if you are at low carb intake and run for an hour that day, you should be in significant carb deficit. I have read 25% of your calories burned are carbohydrates. Would this therefore allow you to increase your carb intake?

thanks for taking the time to read this

zipo
65 – yrs

zipolite

I an interesting snippet on the benefits of circadian cycle fasting.

We have evolved to be in sync with the day/night cycle, i.e., a circadian rhythm. Our metabolism has adapted to daytime food, nighttime sleep. Nighttime eating is well associated with a higher risk of obesity, as well as diabetes.

Based on this, researchers from the University of Alabama conducted a study with a small group of obese men with prediabetes. They compared a form of intermittent fasting called "early time-restricted feeding," where all meals were fit into an early eight-hour period of the day (7 am to 3 pm), or spread out over 12 hours (between 7 am and 7 pm). Both groups maintained their weight (did not gain or lose) but after five weeks, the eight-hours group had dramatically lower insulin levels and significantly improved insulin sensitivity, as well as significantly lower blood pressure. The best part? The eight-hours group also had significantly decreased appetite. They weren't starving.

Just changing the timing of meals, by eating earlier in the day and extending the overnight fast, significantly benefited metabolism even in people who didn't lose a single pound.
65 – yrs

bod

Thanks for the thread, this looks like something that interests me. How long did you fast for now and how are your current results? Also did you have to cut out all exercise for this? How was your everyday ability? :'(

Deepal22

Sounds scary but will try if nothing works  
Country - SRI LANKA , Age - 22, History - Unknown

Bubba dawg

I am open to this but of Peyrones is related to diet then why is it not more common? Billions of men dont eat right and don't get peyrones. Most of the world has never heard of peyrones. Recently there have been ads on TV making people aware
Most urologist dont treat it. The disease is rare or it is under reported. Just if it were diet related , I think it would be more common. Most USA men have poor eating habits. I am not ruling out anything. What works for you is great. Just the fact is most men do not have this disease no matter what they eat or drink
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

skunkworks

Hi Bubba, because it's a predisposition. Most men don't have the predisposition or at least do not have enough of one to notice it.  

Christopher1

The water fast is best done on "Snake Juice."

You can YouTube that.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

Bubba dawg

Do y'all think it might be a deficiency of certain nutrients that caused Peyrones? My doctor recommended 1200 units of vitamin e a day along with the xiaflex treatment. I think I did have an e deficiency . Studies have long recommended e for heart disease. This doctor has been administrating xiaflex for a long time and has seen the results of adding e to the mix. I can only tolerate 200 units a day. The doctor did not recommend starving my body of nutrients for any length of time. Your body and mind need nutrients to function properly. Starving it can therefore be dangerous long term. I dont even like taking high doses of e daily. So I will stick to 200 units. Plaque can form anywhere in the body. Starving yourself may help plaque form elsewhere

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

JS1991

Hey bubba! I don't think it is a deficiency exactly that causes Peyronie's, I think certain people can be predisposed to it (our member NeoV's father got Dupeytren's and Peyronie's; Neo has them both as well without physical trauma) and I think it can be caused by penile trauma as well. Vitamin E is the longest standing treatment for Peyronie's, going back to the 1950's, but it's efficacy leaves much to be desired; in other words, it doesn't work that great. Xiaflex can work to reduce curve dramatically, but to restore length, girth, etc. takes physical therapies such as traction and VED. Oral therapies such as Pentox help blood penetrate further into plaques, and Cialis helps keep a steady supply of blood in the penis. Some of our members have had dents filled in/plaques disappear with fasting and keto (the author of this post, skunkworks, etc.). In terms of vitamin deficiency, that is something you can get bloodwork before and after a fast to help with. Overall, people can fast for as long as 30-50 days. One man fasted for over a year, google it.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

Bubba dawg

I was just giving my opinion on what I thought would be drawbacks. But I dont want to be negative for what works for some. I am no expert on fasting. I am still studying all these alternatives since I am new here. Now xiaflex and e together did restore my length and girth over 5 round. Proof is my wife says it's back to being painful sometimes . More lube she says. But anyway good luck with this fasting treatment.

james1947

Congratulation on your Xiaflex results :)
Please post your results on:
FORUM XIAFLEX RESULTS (Results only, not a discussion board) - Peyronies Society Forums
It will help others that wish to go on this way.

Regarding vitamin E, will definitely not harm, but from the forum experience will not help with Peyronies

James  
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

JS1991

Yes, congrats Bubba! I know you were just giving your opinion, I hope I didn't come off the wrong way. And as James said, please share your results in the Xiaflex portion of the forums. A lot of men choose that as a treatment path, and they will surely benefit from your input.

Bubba dawg

Thanks JS! I am here to learn about different ways to treat this problem too. I don't mean to rain on any bodies parade.  

zipolite

Hi all

It has been a couple of months since my last post so I thought it is time to give a progress report.

I have been on the low carb diet/intermittent fasting since the beginning of Sept and staying regular with the manual traction and VED treatments. I have seen an improvement in the curve from 35 to 25 degrees. The dent has also been reduced. The improvement has been slow and gradual but I am happy with the progress.

My guess is that the manual traction and VED have had the most impact. I look at the diet more as a preventive. Fasting likely supports the improvement through autophagy or at least contributes to prevention of Peyronies Disease progression.

What I am really pleased with is the way if feel due to the no sugar/low carb diet. I am now in the lower range of normal BMI - somewhere around 10% body fat from 15%. My anxiety is down and my sleep quality has improved. I can list other changes but lets just say, I am convinced sugar and highly processed grains are not meant for human consumption. getting off topic...

cheers

Zipolite

65 – yrs

Guga

Hi all!

Glad for your improvements, Zipolite!

I also want to report very clear and unarguable improvement with keto diet, at least for the pain. I am on 2,5 months of peyronies, started with keto 4 weeks ago. The pain became highly manageable I would say. Cold hands/feets are gone, which could be a signal of better circulation, which is critical for whatever regeneration/healing process. I am restarting now with traction gradually.

By following keto diet it became somewhat clear that I have some sensitivity for red meat, low doses of carbs, high amounts of proteins, and eventually lectins. Beside keto or fasting, I also recommend controlling closely what you eat with consistency, and dont forget to write on a journal daily.

I have recently started to consider my Peyronies case as a maladie that is giving me the strength to discover my body and live a healthier and more sustainable life, both mentally and physically.

I am 100% convinced that discipline, consistency and positive attitude can help anyone.

Guga

Gabriel

Hello guys!

@Zipolite: thanks a lot for this update buddy, it's always a great pleasure to read your progress. You are among the few folks here that were an inspiration for me: I started going full keto 4 days ago, and it seems to feel indeed amazing... I don't want to jump to conclusions this early, so I'll wait a few weeks before starting a thread of my own about it; but this stuff is giving great concrete hope (GOD the last 2 nights I was able to SLEEP properly for the first time in 18+ months... but shhhhhh!). Don't hesitate in updating us again regularly, we would be pleased!!

@Guga: Great post man, I couldn't agree more with your vision of Peyronies Disease! Right after beginning keto, I also experienced reduced/suppressed tingling in my extremities while falling asleep (they have been chasing me for nearly two years), so I can relate to your story! Could you be more specific about the pain reduction though ? What kind, localization and degree of pain was it ? How has it evolved exactly? This is my main and critical concern since I started keto (no improvement yet on this side), as I am in the inflammatory phase since more than 18 months grrrr... Thanks for your insight!

zipolite

Gabriel

Good luck with the diet.

I have a number of coworkers that have taken up a low carb diet. Reports of relief of medical conditions such as heartburn, gas, headaches and allergies are common. So more benefits to be had other than the obvious

Looking forward to a progress report

Zipolite

65 – yrs

Guga

@Gabriel:

Could you be more specific about the pain reduction though ? What kind, localization and degree of pain was it ? How has it evolved exactly? This is my main and critical concern since I started keto (no improvement yet on this side), as I am in the inflammatory phase since more than 18 months grrrr... Thanks for your insight!

The pain evolved from being on one spot only, where I had the biggest dent specifically. i had that pain with flacid penis. The pain source was either by a nerve being squeezed on the dented area, or the inflammation growing, or both. I believe the first reason was more likely.

The pain comes back mildly today when I sit longer than 20-30 min, stress a lot, or when I do traction a bit more than I should. I have not masturbated or had sex for over a month, and it will be so until I can have sex/masturbate without pain, or when I am sure I went through 7-8 months of keto diet. I know it will be hard but I have to try :) I am not sure there is a protocol for traction on this forum, but I am doing traction and measuring how much I am stretching and for how many heart beats or seconds I keep it. If I do it during a warm bath I am sure I create the conditions for avoiding any level of rigid flacideness. During bath you also remove pression from your spine, therefore improving overal circulation through out your body. Eventual pain I get today after traction is a slight burning sensation, which tends to disapear in a few hours. If it doesnt I reduce the "traction distance". Traction distance I mean about the length I add to the penis when I put it under traction. I must admit that I still think insecure about the types of pain and what they mean. I am using my intuition a bit.  

I am also working hard with squats, kegel and hips exercizes. I am also considering practicing a sport where leg and hips mobility is a key factor. I abstained from such sports all my life (was only working out the upper parts), and now I pay the price.

Forgot to mention: I am also on Nattokinase 2500 UI / day. I think I will add serrapeptase soon, right before some new blood tests. I do not want to create another problem in my body :)

Guga

Mr man

Hello, thank you for the positive feedback. I'll be fasting daytime for 1 month. In may 2019. Will post any positive results here then.

To anyone who is interested. A keto diet made me know weight rapidely. Stoppwd that.

Am currently using a penis pump. It has made my penis closer to its original shape. There is some overall, penile health. There does seem to be a little streightening. I'm pretty sure the plaque has broken. It's moving around under the skin. Is pretty gross. Might start a thread on penis pumping.

Thanks again for this positive thread. Can't wait for Ramadan.
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

CharlesT

People think that the longer the fast the more autophagy, but the actual research I've read says autophagy peaks early on, before 30 hours of a fast. So intermittent fasting sounds more effective than extended fasting.

Mr man

Quoting the entire post was deleted by the Administrator for a violation of forum rules. - Hawk

this seems plausible. Im considering it.
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Christopher1

I have had better results with longer fasts. Days. Not hours.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.